Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RauCHeN-ToKEN
    Original poster 1 posts

Hey guys, just a quick bug report I noticed. When fishing the controller no longer vibrates when a fish nibbles or bites. Not a big deal since there it is still visible, but thought I Would bring it to your attention. Keep up the great work, guys.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Vederyn
    1 posts

Noticed this as well just now. Vibration still works as well, like cursed areas, just not with fishing anymore.

• glenesteplaya65
    3 posts

I also was extremely frustrated by this issue after upgrading from ps4 to ps5.
    I had my line in the water for 10 minutes with fish everywhere and NOTHING was happening, go to a new spot, still nothing.
    So I decided to start randomly pressing x and hooked one!
    So they actually were biting, its just that the vibration on the ps4 is non-existent on ps5, rendering fishing ENTIRELY impossible.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 217 posts

Hey all! Thanks for reporting this. Can you let me know if the Dual Sense PS5 controller was vibrating at any time prior, and was there an update that you noticed the lack of vibrations after? For those who upgraded, did the vibrations just completely disappear after the move from PS4 to PS5?

Official Response
  • glenesteplaya65
    3 posts

Fishing is completely broken on ps5.
    I upgraded from the ps4 to ps5 version and tried to go fishing again. My reel was in the water for 10 minutes with a ton of fish swimming around and got absolutely no bites, that is until I started randomly pressing X and got one. Which means they were actually biting but there is zero controller vibration response.
    There was another post but it was getting no attention: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/84877/bug-ps5-controller-no-longer-vibrates-when-fishing?_=1606846440278
    I never expected the game to actually get worse after upgrading.
    I've also noticed the lack of controller vibration in many other places that the ps4 had it (i.e. the drinking game). It's a shame since the ps5 controller is the most revolutionary thing that came out of the new gen consoles.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 217 posts

@glenesteplaya65 Hey there, I've merged your post into the first post about this to keep the report streamline. I appreciate you bringing your details forward, so that we can look into this more!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics