Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • mpassaretti
    Original poster 1 posts

I’m at the part where you have to “Carry Tedmund.” When I put him down at the target location, nothing happens. It continues to say “Carry Tedmund.” Cannot progress past this step. I’ve tried meditating, fast traveling, and reloading from multiple save points. Still the same issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• scedillo11
    1 posts

@mpassaretti Same i keep clearing the camp and being unable to pick him up. Its a shame. Hopefully fixed soon.

• MiaMoonshine18
    1 posts

I'm having the same problem. I kidnapped Tedmund, got to the location, and was prompted to place him on the ground to complete the objective. But nothing happens after I place him on the ground. I tried placing him in different spots, and nothing happened, so I restarted the game. I restarted in the location, but Tedmund had teleported back to camp, and he was still tied up for some reason. I grabbed him and took him back to the spot to drop him, but still nothing happened when I put him down.

• drunkenorczy
    1 posts

I have the same issue.

• Petteflet88
    346 posts
  • sio8610
    3 posts

@mpassaretti
    I have a similar issue. I tried to find Tedmund, but there is no him anywhere. and no quest mark in the map also.

• odettelucyt
    1 posts

I’m having the same problem. Have tried everything including deleting and reinstalling the game. Has anyone managed to find a solution?

• JennyK51919
    2 posts

So I have a bit of a different problem it’s not letting me kidnap Tedmund at all it just has the little quest marker and it won’t let me go any further. I play on ps4 though so don’t know if that’s part of the problem

• Shin-Rob
    1 posts

Looks like people were having this problem 5 months ago and it's still not fixed. Currently having this same issue.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 435 posts

Hello @Shin-Rob,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with ''Puppets and Prisoners''. I can see that the previously reported instance has been resolved. Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring with a short description, so we can investigate it further for you?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Draeka33
    1 posts

The glitch has not been entirely fixed to this day.

• Nethermore_swe
    2 posts

Bugged for me too as of now 16th of April. Put him down, no cutscene happens.

No video needed i presume since I'm on the spot working in multiple walk-throughs videos on this quest.

• Nethermore_swe
    2 posts

Some developer info though. I read/saw on some guides hes supposed to run away. When it bugged out for me he was standing in the corner of a house with some pathing and collosion errors I preume, cos he ran on the spot turning sideways now and then but never left the spot.
    I re-did the quest and this time he stood in the doorway. That in itself is a pathing/collision course spot as well but I never mounted up this time but carried him on foot all the way.

Dont know if it helps, but there is definetly some pathing issues with this npc and collision objects.

• ghostsinsheets
    1 posts

it’s now april 16, 2021 and this stupid mission is still a glitch-fest. first, upon finding him, he just stood there and i had no prompts to tie him up. i punched him and got the prompt. threw him on the back of a horse, got to the location and first, it told me i had to be anonymous a few times. had my cape on, so i stood in a bush for a second. then it said target had to be on the ground, but even after i plopped him, nothing happened. moved him all around. same objective to “carry tedmund”, so i reloaded to an earlier save, came back and i was on the hill and he was back in the camp tied up in the house. ran him to the location on foot and faced the same issue where putting him down did nothing. what the heck do i do? i tried punching him again, it’s not even registering. this is frustrating.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 372 posts

Hello and thank you all for your patience and updates on this matter. While this should have been previously resolved, I am sorry that some of you are still unable to complete this Quest. I would like to collect a little more information for you as we update the Game team. My apologies if any of the questions below are repetitive to information that you have already provided.

• What platform are you playing on?
    • Are you able to carry Tedmund to the target location? If not, have you tried hitting him, which should make the Quest proceed.
    • Have you tried changing your Exploration Difficulty to Adventurer and then starting the Quest again?
    • Have you tried fast travelling to and from the location? How about a previous save?
    • Can you send your most recent manual save to the cloud?

Once I have this information I will continue to forward details up to the Game team. Thank you for your assistance and continued patience!

Official Response
  • but_skeptic
    2 posts
    Hello and thank you all for your patience and updates on this matter. While this should have been previously resolved, I am sorry that some of you are still unable to complete this Quest. I would like to collect a little more information for you as we update the Game team. My apologies if any of the questions below are repetitive to information that you have already provided.

• What platform are you playing on? -> ps4
    • Are you able to carry Tedmund to the target location? If not, have you tried hitting him, which should make the Quest proceed. -> I' didn't see him at all
    • Have you tried changing your Exploration Difficulty to Adventurer and then starting the Quest again? -> yes. but didn't work
    • Have you tried fast travelling to and from the location? How about a previous save? -> yes. but didn't work
    • Can you send your most recent manual save to the cloud? -> yes. but didn't work

Once I have this information I will continue to forward details up to the Game team. Thank you for your assistance and continued patience!

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 372 posts

@but_skeptic Thank you for providing these answers! I noticed that you mentioned that you did not see Edmund? Could you try completing our guide here? This includes restoring your licenses. However, if you are still unable to find Edmund afterwards please let me know the following:

• Do you see a marker on your map for Edmund?
    • Have you tried following a walkthrough online to go to the relative location he should be? Then use Odin's Sight to try and locate him.

Official Response
  • sio8610
    3 posts

@ubikobold
    I saw him just once at the first time of the quest.
    I tried everything including your guide but nothing is worked. the quest marker is missed and the description said just "deal with new ealdorman"...

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 435 posts

Hello @sio8610,

Thank you for the update. In this case, can I kindly ask you to submit your save files to our team, so we can pass them along to the developers?

Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics