Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DomConnor123
    Original poster 2 posts

Ubisoft you seriously need to reconsider the stamina, it’s pretty BS if you ask me. Never have I had a problem trying to dodge on a game unlike this one, you can dodge twice and then you’re out of breath and then can’t move and just get battered by your opponent, I think this needs removing so you can play the game properly! It’s a game it isn’t real so I don’t get why this is a thing???

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    88 posts

No.
    Stamina in essential , without this become a spamming Dodge hit Dodge hit.

Now you have to balance your gameplay, think about what to do during combat.

Stop poor challenge in game.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@xx-artorias-xx You can still play it like that but you have to master the timing for dodges which I love. You can get better at your timings and will benefit from it. A combat system rewarding you mastering it is good imo. And I love that some enemies put you off with their delayed attacks. Somewhat similar to Dark Souls 2 DLC boss fight with the Fume Knight. Of course this game is not nearly as punishing as Dark Souls tho 🙂

• Netspook
    261 posts

@xx-artorias-xx
    "Think about what to do during combat"?

Combat is often just a quicktime event where you block/parry at the correct time. Once you master that, the only challenges are bosses and zealots. And I don't think stamina is "essential", as you say, this could have been implemented in a better way. For example, spending stamina to dodge is bs, so I kinda agree with the OP.

The system is not good, but that goes for the entire combat system.

All imo, of course.

• Sam_Boo26
    148 posts

I think the stamina forces us to think while fighting instead or rushing, which I personally really like.

• Lafrendgio
    30 posts

@domconnor123 I agree but for different reasons. Give it a few skill points and you can dodge and attack way more, instantly recharge it by using perks and abilities and boom. Game broken. The stamina system is obsolete.

Anyway, I blame the forward dodge as that is clearly unbalanced. Hear me out: They removed the 2-3 dodge to roll combo from Origins and Odyssey. This time around it just a single dodge(unless held)that has very little lag after each use. So when you repeatedly tap dodge instead of holding, it'll even take you out of shallow water and up the Himalayas faster than Thor's hammer. Seriously, try it in shallow water and upward slopes where you don't slide down. It's too fast and too OP in combat and the only way they thought they could balance it out is to limit it's usage through the stupid stamina bar.

What I think they should have done:
    They should have just used most of Sekiro's system instead of marrying it with DS. So no stamina and the forward dodge is slower with a bit of lag after each use. That's how you balance it out. And what good is spamming moves when better enemy AI knows how to block and parry strikes if you're not thinking. The enemies already have a lovely stamina/posture meter here so if you keep spamming, the weaker enemies should break eventually(fitting for a savage viking going berserk on weak defenses), better enemy types could parry you and/or hold out until someone helps them out and break Eivor's onslaught. This way you can kiss the limiting stamina goodbye and have a real challenge and a clash of blades.

Plus Eivor just straight up looks stupid after full sprinting for miles and not get tired, but use 3 dodges and he looks like an asthmatic hippo down on 3 tequila shots. I don't see the logic behind it besides that it's a rushed balancing issue because someone in the company insisted that Dark Souls stamina is the coolest thing ever to put in a parkour centric game.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@lafrendgio I would love for them to actually animate it realistically tho. The dash is way too fast for any human to perform. Be bold and make combat a bit slower. Give combat some time and impact.

• Lafrendgio
    30 posts

@souldrinkerlp AC 1 - 4 had animations that just felt right and not overly exaggerated like the last 3 games. Unity was a bit too slow for my taste and Syndicate was too fast. lol I feel like Ubisoft seriously forgot how to have some kind of a middle ground on this aspect. Other games like TW3 with similar combat seems to be doing just fine on the animation side. So I really don't get why Ubisoft wants to be overly spectacular and end up looking like Nioh.

• Elearon
    42 posts

Yeah, the Stamina system, and the bad dodge system as a whole, really drug this combat system down and made it less fun than Odyssey. I'd be fine if it were a toggle feature to add difficulty, that way the people who like it could have it, but even on harder difficulties I'd choose not to use it. I loved combat in Odyssey so much that I actively sought it out, in Valhalla it has simply become something I endure for the rest of the gameplay - the way it is in most games.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics