Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Droid8Apple
    Original poster 27 posts

You would think, that at minimum, someone would check skill functionality before patching lol. Cannot set traps on dead bodies. There goes a massive part of my gameplay.

Other things:

• not sure where you "sorted runes" because I'm not seeing it, unless you meant you did it in the place it matters the least which is in the inventory bag, because if I want to slot a health rune for example, the slotting menu is still horrific. No sorting at all, no easy "right click to remove" or anything
    • if you steal from enemies now you get caught? Then... what's the point? If we wanted to fight them we would fight them. The whole point of stealing was to avoid the long and drawn out stun-locking fight and make the 20 minutes per armor piece be slightly reduced to 15.
    • will update/edit as I progress

I am happy that we finally got a patch, but as I've been saying since launch day when we started asking for fixes (2+ weeks ago?) you should be hot fixing not dropping massive patches; that way if fixes break new things we don't have to wait another 2 weeks for it to be handled. Just my two cents.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@droid8apple they didnt even fix anything in this patch, from what ive seen most still cant progress the main story and i still cant even launch the game

• Droid8Apple
    Original poster 27 posts

@krvpt geez, that sucks man, sorry to hear that. at least I can play so that really sucks for you. I'm sure you've been through it a million times but what happens when you try to launch it?

• Droid8Apple
    Original poster 27 posts

@droid8apple lemme reply to myself since we're only allowed to edit in the first 10 minutes from posting LoL, because Ubisoft brains are vastly different from the rest of humanity I guess.

• crosshair/center marker disappears when using "hover mode" with bird and focusing on mission specific areas, so the teal circles
  • krvpt.
    63 posts

@droid8apple whenever i press play the splash screen pops up and either stays there forever or instantly closes

• Droid8Apple
    Original poster 27 posts
    @krvpt - found this, not sure if you tried it or not but figured i'd share it here in case you didn't see it

The following solution worked for me, found on reddit:

Basically, you need to try the old fix that works for Origins: https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1483235412214825118/

But for audio (Assassin's Creed Valhalla\sounddata\PC) AND video files (Assassin's Creed Valhalla/video).

So you need to copy across your .pck and video .webm to where your windows OS is installed. Then with https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html create a symbolic link for each file and junction for repertory.

The whole thing only takes a handful of GB and takes about 10 mins for those who are still unsure here is a step by step.
    • Download and install Link Shell Extension
    • In your OS drive (usually your 😄 drive) create two folders one for the videos and one for the sound files.
    • Open the ACV folder and keep them next to each other.
    • Drag all the files and folders from the video and sound folder in the corresponding 😄 folder (cut and paste don't copy them.)
    • Right-click the sound folders and select "pick link source" then in the empty original ACV folders right click and "Drop as" - "Symbolic Link" (make sure you do this for every file, and yes you can batch it by selecting all the files.)
    • Do the same again with the files in the video folder. Note Do not try to batch link the folders as it won't work and you have to do each one individually but instead, select "drop as" - "Junction"
    • You can delete any language files you don't want in order to save some space.

If you make a mistake don't worry just delete the .sym file or the junction and do it again.

Launch the game and give it a min or two and you should be good to go. 📷

Want to give credit to redlight on the Ubisoft forum for the original help. I'm gonna put on a brew now. Got a long night ahead!

I hope this will help!

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/jrc7pu/fix_for_infinite_splash_screen/

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@droid8apple yeah i've tried that, nothing seems to work for me

Suggested Topics