Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Flokkee
    Original poster 2 posts

There is no discrimination to my crashes at this point. I'll be doing a raid going into a room game will crash. I loot an opal off a perch game crashes, take a screenshot using your Uconnect crashes, try to stream the game to discord or twitch crashes. Fighting an enemy and parry crash. Stun Strike Crash. at this point I can't go more than 2 hours at a time without my game suddenly and unexplainably crashing over something. I've tried reinstalling windows, the game Uconnect everything I am 46 hours into the game and it's the first AC I've enjoyed since Black Flag but It's gonna be dropped soon too if these crashes aren't fixed. PLEASE HELP.

Computer Specs as follows for if it's important
    Ryzen 7 3800x
    Nvidia Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    x570 motherboard

no other game has this issue that I play (that isn't a uconnect game as it's the only one i play that uses Uconnect). I don't know what to do at this point.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Fuzzydo02
    2 posts

@flokkee

From day of release until new patch I've only had a couple freezes. After patch (on PC) I've had 3 crashes. Two on the same exact raid. Hopefully new patch on the way.

• Flokkee
    Original poster 2 posts

@fuzzydo02
    Agree that after the patch it seems to have accelerated but I had the problem before the patch as well, but generally before patch was when i was using the screenshot function now it doesn't matter what i do every hour or 2 i'll crash i was trying to get through a cave to get a armor piece when I looted an opal and the game just straight froze.

• LordFess
    1 posts

Hello I also am having constant crashes to the desktop and freezes while playing this game. I started playing the game on the day of release. I played for about a week with not one issue at all and quit to play a couple other games I like to play. I just came back yesterday to continue Assassin's Creed Valhalla and now the is nearly unplayable because of all the random crashes to the desktop ,freezes which makes me have to restart my computer. I have dual Nvidia RTX 2080 Super in SLI / Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-9900KS CPU @4.00 GHZ, and 68.83 GB Ram using the latest Nvidia drivers. I have reinstalled the game to a different SSD on my computer and the still crashes. I don't know what else to do.

• wmiked
    3 posts

@lordfess HI, My copy of the game started crashing about a week or so ago ago. Prior to that I had installed a GEFORCE RTX 2080 as my old card was running at 100%
    I updated to the latest driver a short while after and the game has been crashing and freezing ever since.
    On checking the Windows system logs via Event Viewer it show display module NVLDDMKM stopped and recovered prior to the game tipping over.
    So, it appears to be an NVIDIA driver bug(s) which they are aware of apparently, but no fix as yet. Some people are reporting success by going back to an older driver. I tried that but it did not work for me. (Perhaps I did not go back far enough).

Regards,

wmiked

• GTaichou
    1 posts

I've been having crashes as well, and it never seems to be a consistent trigger. I thought it was scene transitions before, because my first crash was when completing a standing stone puzzle, but since then it has crashed when taking screen shots (I simply cannot, cannot take screenshots), when reeling in a fish, and today while riding my horse through a town.

Before I updated my NVIDIA driver, I would only get simple game crashes, but now when I get them the sound will buzz for several seconds before my entire PC restarts. I have enough resources to play on ultra, though high gives me more wiggle room, and have a 1660 installed, so it is a bit of a mystery to me what is causing this. I will bring more build info after I run some malware scans and CCleaner, if the issue persists.

I am getting frustrated, as I would like to stream it, but right now it is not stable enough for me to feel comfortable doing so. Every time my PC crashes I worry that something will be corrupted and I will have an even larger problem.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics