Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Killorio
    Original poster 7 posts

Dear Ubisoft,
    I watched the credits and Ashral Ismail's name was completely omitted on it, not even as "Special Thanks", as if he was never a part of Assassin's Creed Valhalla! Complete absurd.
    It is a complete disrespect to the Legacy he left only only at Ubisoft but also to Assassin's Creed itself. Not only he was directly responsible for 2 of the best Assassin's Creed games ever (IV: Black Flag and Origins) he spent most of development time of Assassin's Creed Valhalla as its creative director (at least 2,5 years, a long time), before stepping down due to his infidelity accusations and later fired by you (part of desperate measures to keep your image, getting rid of any liabilities). Only 5 months between his departure and the official release of Assassins Creed Valhalla, too little time to justify his absence from the credits, regardless of his wrongdoings in his personal life you wronged him too. Not even Patrice Désilets was ignored like that (he was co-credited in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood as "Story by").
    So please, Ubisoft, as you are severely patching Assassin's Creed Valhalla, make an opportunity ASAP to give Ashraf Ismail a proper reparation and put his name in the credits of "Assassin's Creed Valhalla".

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

I second that.
    Misantrie does help you not Ubisoft.
    Absolute disgusting.

• Vhaltyrr
    2 posts

Black Flag wasn't that good and Ashraf lied and manipulated several fans and subordinates using his position + lied about a dead child to get laid. No thanks.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@killorio Till this day I don't understand why this was even a reason to fire him tbh.

Maybe I am missing details but cheating his wife is in no way a reason to fire somebody from work. But I guess that's the new world now where your employer will judge you based on your personal life instead of professional work.

I love Valhalla and I do think this is mostly thanks to Ashraf (and Darby). I am actually concerned about the next AC. I fear Quebec making another bad AC game destroying all the good things Valhalla established again. Just like they did with Odyssey after Origins established good things.

It's sad that Ashraf doesn't get to be in the credits. Not just sad but simply unfair as he easily had a huge influence on the final product.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

@vhaltyrr
    Black flag was A milestone in AC history. I giant in open world playing, ridicules in its portions and scope. Black Flag, Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla mark a new way. Ismail being a central integral part of it. Well done indeed.

• Abeonis
    55 posts
    Maybe I am missing details but cheating his wife is in no way a reason to fire somebody from work. But I guess that's the new world now where your employer will judge you based on your personal life instead of professional work.

His actions brought the company into disrepute. That is a reason to fire somebody.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@abeonis I am sure you'll find somebody cheating their wife in any company there is in this world. I don't want him to be my best friend I want him to create an awesome product like Valhalla is.

• Killorio
    Original poster 7 posts

@vhaltyrr The petty lengths you go to justify your hatred towards Ashraf. Newsflash, "kid": someone can be a [censored] and do amazing things, and better than you. Besides, it is not us who should be hating him, but his wife and the actual people who were harmed by him, not a nobody like you. So your hatred is pointless. Ashraf Ismail, like or or not, did an amazing job for Assassin's Creed Valhalla most of its development time and deserves to be credited for this, period.

• longjohn119
    499 posts

@killorio
    Well I for one certainly credit his poor leadership for this mess we have ..... He needed to spend a little more time working and less time chasing skirt ......

• Vhaltyrr
    2 posts

@killorio Lmao imagine unironically calling someone a kid while at the same time defending someone who abused his position of power to have sex because his wife wasn't enough for him.

Reality check, old man, if Ashraf just slept with people on the side who didn't work for him and therefore didn't lord any control over, nobody would care. Except that's not what happened. Ashraf, along with ubisoft's own HR team, created an environment that was unsafe for the women who worked for him.

If Ubisoft decided to strike him from existence and none of his employees cared enough to speak out, its probably because he wasn't that important apart from being the public face of the devs.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@vhaltyrr Was there any accusation from within Ubisoft? I only heard of fangirls complaining. So we should also get rid of rockstars and celebrities because there are women who want to engage with them because they are famous? He was (and probably is) famous in the AC fandom. Like I said. I only heard of the accusation he used the fandom of women and was somewhat toxic because of his dead son. Doesn't mean he can't make awesome games and keep his hands from people in the company abusing his given powers.

Can you please give me a source for him abusing his powers within the company to hook up?

Edit: What I found out too tho while researching lately he might have shared stuff under NDA with these women. So yea, that's a reason to fire him.

• Hank_Pank
    20 posts

Don't you guys know that Ashraf did a sexism? And that means his entire career and legacy need to be expunged from all Human history?

• Killorio
    Original poster 7 posts

@Vhaltyrr Check your info before speaking out, self-entitled little kid. For one, I never condoned Ashraf's wrongdoings, two, he was not in joint with those abusive executives from Ubisoft like Maxime Beland, Tommy François, Serge Hascoët,Yannis Mallat, Cécile Cornet... Ahraf's incident was unrelated to these other people, although I could argue that this toxic culture within Ubisoft might have influenced his actions, but just speculation. You do not use "reality check" to me when you yourself cannot even check your own claims and still need to mature a lot before trying to lecture someone. Little kid.
    You keep trying to undermine his importance but Assassin's Creed Valhalla is what is is in large part due to his influence, and he must be properly acknowledged for that. You clearly do not care, but this is only your own problem. Ubisoft made a big mistake of not including Ashraf Ismail on Assassin's Creed Valhalla's credits and really should redeem itself by undoing it.

@SouldrinkerLP This "reason" to fire him is arguable. What NDA content did he share, specifically? And how much of it was actually leaked on Public? And how much did it really impact pre-order, sales or reception of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, what was the actual damage to Ubisoft? This info sounds more like a convenient lame excuse to fire Ashraf Ismail (if it is legitimate), not because he was unfaithful or harassed some women, but because it was "absolutely unacceptable" to share NDA stuff.

@longjohn119 "poor leadership", "mess" you are really mixing things up badly. If you say "mess" the bugged state of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, you cannot begin to blame Ashraf Ismail for that, he was "only" its Creative Director, and had no decision to when to release the game nor authority over technical aspects of the game, QA, programing and stuff.
    But if you say "mess" referring to creative aspects like story, game design, characters and such then you could blame him; even so, there's only so much he could actually control over the creative direction of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, for instance, Eivor's gender which was supposed to be only a woman but allegedly Ubisoft's top management forced the developers to put a "male Eivor" as a option. Regardless, when the 2 upcoming expansions ("Wrath of the Druids" and "The Siege of Paris") come out we will see how much Ashraf's Ismail absence can be truly felt.
    And you do not really know the first thing about his actual leadership skills. For all the crap said about him, absolutely nothing referred to his treatment of his team, and if he was incompetent or toxic to them, you can be assured these allegations would have come out; since this never happened you cannot conclude he was a "poor leader".

@Hank_Pank Wow, you a terrible "judge". Never have a position of power, you shall bring misery and suffering to all those "beneath" you.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@killorio I think one of the women accused him of using his intel to get laid with fans. Like: "I know stuff about the next AC I could tell you yada yada". Dunno how important the info was tho and I don't think it leaked publicly. And of course this is just an accusation of one of them.

For me it sounds more like people being [censored] because he used them and their fandom and he seemed to be pretty toxic in his relationships too. But that's nothing which affects his work and he did really well in Valhalla. I love the story and creative direction the game took. So yea, he should be credited. I am all with you. He shouldn't even have been fired but now that happened. I hope the next AC won't be coming from Quebec and at least Darby will come back for the next installment and they keep the current direction.

• longjohn119
    499 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TORFINR
    331 posts

Maybe they made him a favor by not crediting him...

• Abeonis
    55 posts

@souldrinkerlp I don't see what that has to do with him bringing the company into disrepute.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics