Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lovedale
    Original poster 9 posts

Previously, I posted about how enemy hp should scale with Eivor's power level, because it was just so easy to kill squishy enemies in like 2 hits with a dane axe or 4 hits with a lighter weapon like a dagger or bearded axe. I think many would disagree with what I said because hp scaling is too RPG-ish and its not realistic, all enemies of the same type around the AC Valhalla world should have the same hp, to that I agree. So instead of that, why not :

1. Slightly buff the hp of squishy enemies but don't touch the hp of stronger enemies

2. Give more opportunities for enemies to counterattack. I know stronger enemies especially zealots do this, but squishy enemies dont because they die too quickly, so perhaps Eivor's weapons should have less "weight" on weaker enemies so that weaker enemies would actually stand a chance against Eivor, and not be punching bags.

3. Decrease the parry window against weaker enemies and increase projectile speed for both Eivor and enemies. I feel most strongly about this one. Parry windows against zealots are fine, against the stronger enemies (as in stronger than the squishies) like Banneret and Standard Bearer can be reduced, esp for Standard Bearer when he does his swing attack. Weaker enemies like the common Kinsman should have reduced parry windows as well. And about the projectile speed, not only are faster projectiles more realistic, you get a greater sense of accomplishment for using Missile Reverse on enemy arrows, and especially spears thrown by Standard Bearers and zealots, which are way too easy to Missile Reverse. As of right now, Missile Reverse is just incredibly OP because its easy to perform, so there should be some risk (realistically) for such a high reward (and stylish) counterattack, when there is almost none.

I'm not trying to flaunt, I'm just suggesting these changes be made to only the nightmare mode and/or hard mode. Nightmare isn't difficult at all (except against zealots, which are fine and shouldnt be tweaked) because the significant increase in enemy dps from the easier difficulties to nightmare doesn't matter much when weaker enemies are just dying so easily and they are easy to parry. So I made this suggestion as an alternative to enemy hp scaling, since the parameters i mentioned (esp point 3) are way more important than increasing enemy dps when going up the difficulty tiers. I'm not saying this game should be as hard as Dark Souls or Sekiro for combat, the combat was pretty enjoyable up until i got to power level 200 where most enemies were just punching bags that gave "free" materials and silver. In my opinion, this would be a better solution than just scaling enemy HP to Eivor's power level. Would appreciate if a Ubi staff in these forums working on AC Valhalla gave some thought to this or other opinions on how combat difficulty should scale with difficulty settings and power level

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics