Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• korikori91
    Original poster 8 posts

After update 1.04 weather effects and volumetric lighting look far worse on maxed out settings. Draw distance and texture quality of lod objects have been degraded too.
    Do you call it optimizing? Game looks like a ps4 title now. Well done.
    My first and last purchase of a Ubisoft product.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kilyan82
    11 posts

@korikori91 when ubisoft says improve performance, most certainly is graphics downgrade

• KmarkoPL
    281 posts

yeah right !
    Every time the same crap complaining !
    Patch downgrade my game !

Get your eyes check first !!!!

• korikori91
    Original poster 8 posts

@kmarkopl
    My eyes are ok. Check it yourself, 4K maxed out settings

Update 1.2: Better lighting, richer colors, better shadows, better fog effects:

undefined

Version 1.04 : Lighting looks worse, washed out colors, downgraded fog & fire effects, downgraded shadows (look at shadows on npcs)

undefined

• korikori91
    Original poster 8 posts

Now feast your eyes with ultra quality lod details of Valhalla. Zoomed in for your pleasure lol.

Update 1.04, 4K maxed out settings:

undefined

• Jumpy-BL
    3 posts

They do this every time.
    I've stopped caring.
    There will be no reversion to previous quality level.
    I'd prefer that they'd leave ultra settings untouched but it never happens.

• korikori91
    Original poster 8 posts

PS3 era ??

mid distance lod (4K maxed out settings):

undefined

• korikori91
    Original poster 8 posts

Downgraded model details & textures

4K maxed out settings, same spot;

undefined

undefined

• MitchThundercok
    27 posts

@korikori91 - Ah, I remember when they did this to Unity early on. I was loving it and not having most of the issues others had at launch, and just being amazed at the clarity of the structures in Paris. Then a patch hit, and it looked like your "Now feast your eyes with ultra quality lod details of Valhalla" pic.

Suggested Topics