Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hank_Pank
    Original poster 20 posts

It's like Ubisoft wanted to directly showcase just how goddawful and imprecise the climbing and parkour controls are. I've done 8 so far, and each one has has instances of Layla refusing to grab a ledge several times before inexplicably succeeding after desyncing for the 5th time on the same jump.
    I just finished the Isle of Whit challenge, and that one (after 90 hours of playing) inexplicably required me to do a side-eject, something not possible or ever mentioned in the rest of the game

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xtracker85
    46 posts

I agree. It is definitely my most hated aspect of this game as well. I wouldn't have mind it so much if it was just mainly puzzle solving, but the tedious timed platforming combined with the god awful controls makes me feel like uninstalling the game sometimes. 99% of the restarts in the anomaly is due to Layla jumping in the wrong direction, jumping down to her death when I wanted her to jump across a small gap, grabbing the ledge beneath her when I want her to jump, etc, etc. Jesus, fighting against the controls is harder than any boss in this game. It really left a sour taste in my mouth.

• SofaJockey
    169 posts

@hank_pank I can't even remember how to do a side-eject... 🙄

• Elearon
    42 posts

I don't think the Anomalies are bad, in themselves. If it weren't for the horrible movement in the game, they'd be fine, it's just that the controls are fighting you more than the puzzle itself. If you take your time and go slowly, they all seem entirely doable.

• Hank_Pank
    Original poster 20 posts

@elearon They're doable, but that's the problem. You just do them, you mindlessly hold forward and A while you watch Layla climb up the single pre-determined path

• UbiSubject17
    3 posts

@hank_pank I can't tell you how strongly I agree with this. I don't understand how anyone thought this style of gameplay was fun. I dislike it more than I can express. These are perhaps the worst ones I've ever had to suffer.

• Sam_Boo26
    148 posts

I personally like the anomalies, but yeah, the controls are imprecise sometimes.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

Had nearly no problems. The one in Norway where you have to jump on a slope and jump off from it with these barrier waves beneath gave me some problems. There I had problems because Layla didnt want to jump off the slope correctly. But otherwise I found them really entertaining.

I do think tho that if we had the parkour abilities of old games it would be way better. The mentioned side-eject is something old games teached you. In this game nobody tells you it is there and yes, it is there. You can do it in the open world too. But sometimes it doesn't work somehow. The parkour is somewhat broken yea.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics