Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kmansp31
    Original poster 42 posts

This has to be the laziest implementation of filler missions I've ever seen in a game. In ACO it was kind of similar- random hunt this, execute that- I don't know how Ubisoft did it, but it seems they've created even a more lasier version of contracts. I actually had one contract to kill someone, and when I looked on the map, it showed it was in my settlement. Cool, I thought... an enemy must have drifted in to town? Someone from my settlement? No. It was in fact one of the target dummies used to practice assassinations on.

Then there are contract missions that are so similar, I think some actually get recycled. I went and rescued the exact same person from the exact. same bandit camp. What laziness is this???

On my last contract mission- another missing person but thankfully at a different location- All the bandits were grouped so far from the person I was supposed to rescue, AND they were all looking away. I literally was able to walk right up to the missing person, untie them, and carry them out with no problem.

Speaking of which, as much as I love assassinating targets, it takes the joy away when targets never move- they just stay stationary- and are always presenting themselves in a way that's easy to assassinate. Even in ACO targets would move around and patrol. So many targets in Valhalla just stay in one spot. Quite often, there will be two or three all staring in the opposite direction, making it super easy to snipe them with a long bow, or just assassinate one right after the other. What nonsense is this???

I can't help but feel like Ubisoft didn't put a lot of effort in to this game, and it's really bugging me.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@kmansp31 I think it would be better if Reda's contacts in various regions, had region specific contracts, while Reda had weekly contracts, etc.

• TORFINR
    350 posts

You talk about the Reda contracts right?

No because no other contracts in Valhalla, at least not the same we had in Odyssey, the one that kept us busy for hundreds of hours, leveling our skills.
    No need for contracts here though, as the skills are capped at 3x30, and the endgame is not interesting anyway. Why bother?!

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@torfinr I'd say why not? I personally enjoyed all the random contracts in Odyssey, even after I leveled most of the perks I wanted, etc. If nothing else, it's a way to get silver, and adds more to the world. As it stands, England just feels empty after you do everything, so there's no real reason to keep playing. I believe fixing or adding more contracts would help make it feel more alive.

• TORFINR
    350 posts
    @FylkirPanzer  As it stands, England just feels empty after you do everything, so there's no real reason to keep playing. 

Exactly my point. the problem with Valhalla and all the positive reviews is that people judge the main story and the graphics. They do no project themselves in the near future: and how will it feel in 1 month from now, and how will I feel about the game in 3 months from now... ?
    As it is now, the game has content for only a few weeks. There is nothing to keep us busy beyond Xmas. Out of the three RPG AC (Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla) Valhalla is the worst and on that matter, a total disgrace.  

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics