Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• T.H.U.D.D.
    Original poster 27 posts

We implement a multiplayer aspect into this game. I think we could introduce a Siege system (Raid in other games like Division 2, etc...) Where we could assault a fortress or castle with our very own Eivors joining together. Perhaps a weekly or monthly event with some unique rewards (weapons, armors, skins, etc...). Maybe some really good runes or crafting materials for weekly raids and armors or skins for monthly/ bi-monthly raids. Think about it, you know. It would really improve Ubisoft's standing regarding game quality/ customer appreciation and continue to breathe life into the game after completion. I dunno'; just a thought.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Netspook
    261 posts

@t-h-u-d-d
    Absolutely not.

Adding multiplayer to a singleplayer game, and put the best rewards behind mp activities... They did that with Breakpoint (which actually HAS multiplayer options), and that was NOT well received by the majority.

• Sam_Boo26
    148 posts

I also disagree. For me, Assassin's Creed games really are single-player games. I play them for myself; I wouldn't want to have a multiplayer option.

• WR3cker_DK
    75 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • KmarkoPL
    105 posts

NO !!
    Don't need multiplayer crap !!

• T.H.U.D.D.
    Original poster 27 posts

@netspook, What will you do after you finish the story, though? It doesn't seem like there is a reason to continue playing after that. They probably would lock the best items behind the multiplayer activities if they implemented them, but it looks like they're already doing that with the paid item packs. Have you seen the store? It's ridiculous; 2000 Ubi coins for a skin pack. That's 20 Euros- 1/3 of the base game price. I don't know if they are even obtainable in the game, but I would never pay so much for that (I never pay for any game items anyway, but these prices are highway robbery). If they implemented multiplayer, people could get some skins without having to pay real money for them ( I know Ubisoft will not do anything to hurt their milking setup, but we could at least get something out of it.).

• Netspook
    261 posts

@t-h-u-d-d
    Why on earth do you seem to believe that only multiplayer options can be used to provide good rewards?

That's EXTREMELY narrowminded of you.

Btw, the fact that no one agrees with you, should be a clue.

• T.H.U.D.D.
    Original poster 27 posts

@netspook Everyone doesn't have to agree on everything; that's the beauty of discourse, which is what forums are all about. I merely presented a suggestion, and people are welcome to discuss it. If many disagree, that is fine. This is just one idea coming from one person.

And I certainly don't think multiplayer is the only way to provide good rewards, it is simply one way. It seems that you are implying that I think it is the only way, which is very narrow-minded of yourself.

What ideas have you brought to the table; or do you only cruise the forums looking to insult other posters?

• KmarkoPL
    105 posts

@t-h-u-d-d
    You not the only one who suggested multiplayer for AC, and all other threads like your had same response : NO

• T.H.U.D.D.
    Original poster 27 posts

@kmarkopl What do you suggest players do after completing the story and exploring the maps? I think that the only thing Ubisoft would consider other than paid expansions ( which are surely in the works) is multiplayer, since they would still have an active customer base to advertise in-game purchases to, they would most likely provide this free of charge. This is the only way Ubisoft would provide anything further, since anything else would cost them potential sales. It has to benefit them more than us if we expect them to provide anything extra.

• Netspook
    261 posts

@t-h-u-d-d
    You still don't get it.

It's marketed as a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Making end game contents mp is not just a a bad idea, it's an absolute GARBAGE suggestion, because ALL of us have been playing alone, then suddenly we have to team up to get anything done.

• KmarkoPL
    105 posts

@t-h-u-d-d

Not all games have to be endless.

And if you want multiplayer, go play GTA 5

• T.H.U.D.D.
    Original poster 27 posts

@netspook You wouldn't have to, it would be an option. Something to do if you get tired of doing the daily and weekly contracts. And it would be a chance to see how we all use our characters. I'm sure no two players have selected the same upgrade paths, though it would be a bit odd to see so many Eivors running around. Anyway, it's just a suggestion, there's no need to get so bitter about it.

• T.H.U.D.D.
    Original poster 27 posts

@kmarkopl I'm actually a solo player on all my games, even The Division. This is just a suggestion to keep some content coming, and even better if it were free. I don't know why you are getting so upset about it. Look at Sam_Boo26's answer. He disagrees, but he doesn't get so upset or rude about it; he is courteous with his reply. WR3cker_DK also strongly disagrees, but he isn't rude about it; he makes a little joke.

You don't have to be nasty about expressing a difference of opinion.

• Netspook
    261 posts

@t-h-u-d-d
    Nasty?
    Upset?
    Rude?

He only tried to say "if you want to play a multiplayer game, then go and play a multiplayer game".

Seriously, dude. Relax.

• T.H.U.D.D.
    Original poster 27 posts

@netspook I'm quite relaxed, actually. You two were all worked up at a mere suggestion. Anyway, I hope you guys look at your posts and see what kind of light your responses present you in. Hopefully you'll be more decent to others in the future.

• speedynl21
    79 posts

adding MP to this game will only result in more bugs(and another 10000 threadts how bugged the [censored] pile is), its already bugged enough without MP
    let them first fix this pile off garbage, then maybe they could release dlc's(they are already planned)
    then you can talk about MP, but not now

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

I think it would be neat for something like fortress battles or raids, and as you said, to see how other players use their characters, etc. I can appreciate the idea of giving players more to do for endgame style content.

But, it would have to be a standalone style expansion/game in order for it to properly work since AC Valhalla has been hugely marketed as a single player experience, and the gameplay mechanics, etc. are single player oriented.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics