ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• R0ldy89
    Original poster 1 posts

This is the only mystery that remains in this area and I cannot complete it because the enemy NPC spawn's without the prisoner in tow . Not sure if it's because I've already completed the main story mission in this area

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AxellSlade
    7 posts

@r0ldy89 You are not alone. This quest bugged for me too, but in a different way.
    When I approached the area, I heard the audio for the event then this Playstation era horse and people appeared out of thin air and.... Nothing happens. Tried fast traveling elsewhere and coming back, restarting the game multiple times and checking game files... The low-res horse and riders are still there.
    undefined

Help?

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 433 posts

Hey folks.

I am sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue.

Can you provide a brief video detailing this?

Official Response
  • AxellSlade
    7 posts

Weird thing is: IGN's page guide for this quest shows the very low resolution horse and a single rider similar to mine.
    The False Ealdormancy - Assassin's Creed Valhalla Wiki Guide - IGN
    Wea13.jpg (1920×1080) (ignimgs.com): (https://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-vikings/9/97/Wea13.jpg?width=1920)

• HoodthatisRed
    1 posts

I have a similar issue of what I've been calling the playdough horseman, but mine only has one rider. I took a picture of it on console, but he is always there when I revisit the area. I can save and reload to get it to spawn in an real enemy on the horse. But no one will ever show up with a rider, and no dialogue triggers no matter how long I wait.

• KalaZar
    1 posts

This quest is now bugged for me. I was on my way to do "Salve for a Fresh Wound" when I triggered this encounter. I killed the bounty hunter but somehow the "Speak" trigger didn't appear on the fake Hunwald, so I thought it was part of the "Salve for a Fresh Wound" quest. I put the fake Hunwald on my horse and went to the tree for "Salve for a Fresh Wound". After the cutscene, the fake Hunwald disappeared and now whenever I try to trigger this encounter, the bounty hunter is at the tree minus fake Hunwald (see video).

• Sylwester9303
    7 posts

Same here - Xbox Series X.

First of all, I saw a low-res model next to the tree.
    undefined

When I tried to exit the Animus and came back / save and load game / fast travel here and there - suddenly, the full model of soldier appeared, just like this:
    undefined

When I hit him once with an arrow, he yield at me. I read that somewhere must be the "fake Hunwald", back on his horse or whatsoever, but I didn't saw him anywhere and when I kill the guard, he respawn next to the tree in some time.

• Sylwester9303
    7 posts

Is there any known workaround? I tried everything - not killing the guard, riding to another scire and back and it's always the same.

• OneWingedDevilx
    7 posts

I too have this bug. Im playing on PC.
    Did anyone found a solution for this?

• Sylwester9303
    7 posts

@onewingeddevilx I found a workaround - if you have possibility, steal that horse next to the tree and ride a few miles away. About two minutes later, the false Hunwald will appear on the back of the horse. Crazy.

• OneWingedDevilx
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • OneWingedDevilx
    7 posts

@sylwester9303 After multiple attempts i have managed to pop that npc back on the horse as you've described!!
    Dude, you are a god send!
    Thanks alot for the help!!
    Glitch workaround confirmed!

undefined

• Noxalizer
    2 posts

@sylwester9303
    Absolutely fantastic workaround!

I exited the Animus.
    Saved.
    Restarted the game.
    Entered the Animus and the horseman was there.
    Stole his horse and rode away until the false Hunwald pretty much fell down from the sky right on the back of the horse.
    Went back and killed the soldier then talked to false Hunwald to finish the mystery.

Suggested Topics