Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheCosmicBob
    Original poster 73 posts

Seriously? How is this supposed to be at all interesting or fun?

Add this to the list of stupid stuff in AC:V.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Elearon
    42 posts

They could have been fun, if movement in the game weren't so awful.

• xtracker85
    46 posts

Yeah, I've never liked these kind of silly mini game challenges tbh, especially when I have to keep redoing them over and over again throughout the game. Didn't know this game had so many of these pointless activities considering Origins and Odyssey didn't have them. I much prefer games with more serious and meaningful tasks, such as in Witcher 3 where you actually did proper side quests and contracts. It was more immersive and made much more sense.

I saw some videos of Immortals Fenyx Rising, and that game seems to be all about doing these kind of "mini game challenges" as well, which is a major turn off for me.

• SofaJockey
    169 posts

I think it's an improvement on Black Flag with the paper hanging around for a time at the end.

Perfectly enjoyable.

• geoage095
    39 posts

@thecosmicbob And the best thing is that all of them reward you tattoos which you cannot see becasue all the armors cover your whole body. HELL YEAH UBISOFT.

• Elearon
    42 posts

@geoage095 You can make any of your armor pieces invisible to display as much of your body as you like.

• acedink
    15 posts

@thecosmicbob agree, and when one glitches, and probably will cost me the platinum trophy, it truly sucks.

• Lafrendgio
    30 posts

@thecosmicbob The idea wasn't stupid. The parkour pathing is. So many times I tried to chase after these and Eivor decides to jump down to take a nap or maybe take a nice long detour maybe to chill somewhere rather than following my directions. Eventually just gave up doing this side activity altogether. The pathing in Black Flag was much better than this.

• AnimusLover
    87 posts

@elearon Agreed. In Black Flag they were fun because the parkour was designed with puzzles in mind. Here, they have just plonked in the same activity from the old games and forget that they completely overhauled their free running system so it doesn't work.

• AnimusLover
    87 posts

@sofajockey If anything the fact that the paper hangs around at the end is very telling. It's like they knew the parkour was too sluggish for the player to catch it before the end like Black Flag so they made it hang around for the player to catch up (I managed to catch a few before the end but most people won't).

• Sam_Boo26
    152 posts

It's quite similar to what we had in Black Flag and Rogue, so I'm enjoying them, even if the controls are sometimes frustrating 😛

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

Controls can be frustrating yes, at least at the start, but now after a lot of practice I almost collect them in first attempt 😉
    But still struggling with some climbing which ends in going through some small gaps in houses, churches etc...been pretty [censored] off a few times...but eventually I manage to get through.
    My first AC so can't compare with older AC.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@sofajockey in the other games, you could just stand at the spawn-in point for the paper and grab it right away. Sadly, that doesn’t work in Valhalla.

I’m not sure where the end points are. I never got far enough through the chase to figure that out. After trying a couple of the chases, the paper doesn’t move for me any more. It just hangs out at the start point where I can’t grab it.

• Basilusk96
    1 posts

Small tip: You can use the blinding rush ability to freeze the flying papers

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics