ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AssassinmasterX
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • BatemanHateman
    1 posts

@loki1130 I might try this as I have a save right before starting the Knocking Doors quest. Do you reckon having another cloak on before going into the cutscene and obtaining the Mari Lwyd would help prevent the bug from occurring? I had no cloak on the last time and maybe it's programmed to replace what cloak you are wearing, therefor not wearing any cloak might somehow attach it permanently to Eivor. Worth a shot anyway

• Guschrisol
    1 posts

I am on Clues and Riddles and I still have that weird cloak with that mask on. I cant get it off, but I see that I am not the only one that have that problem. Will Ubisoft fix it?....

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out about this issue and bring it to our attention. I do apologise that we haven't replied here in a little while - we were waiting for more information from the developers as to the intended behaviour of the cloak.

As is now communicated on the Known Issues list, the Mari Lwyd cloak is intended to still appear over your regular armour after you have completed the Glowecestrescire arc - but only while roaming in Glowecestrescire territory. It would be therefore helpful if you could confirm whether you are still seeing it applied even when exploring other areas, as this is not intentional and we'd like to look into this further.

If you see the cloak applied regardless of where you are, we'd appreciate it if you could provide us with the following:

• Confirmation of the platform you play on
    • A list of the places you have travelled to while still seeing the cloak applied, and how you got there (e.g. by foot, on your mount, fast travel)
    • Confirmation of whether the issue has been present consistently, or intermittently; and also whether it is an issue only in some places, or all outside of Glowecestrescire
    • A video showing that the cloak is applied even in other areas, and cannot be removed or overriden by your chosen armour

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps us out by providing the above information! 🙂 To those of you who provided images showing the cloak is applied in other territories already, I will pass these on now.

Official Response
  • erisys13
    1 posts

The cloak is still stuck on me even though I have finished the entire arc and I have tried Every suggestion here to remove the cloak. This is so frustrating, I haven't continue the story line as it takes away the immersive experience. I play on PC. Ubisoft Devs please fix this...

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 636 posts

@guschrisol Hello there! Thanks for reaching out about this. Our team is currently investigating issues with 'Clues and Riddles' not showing up as properly completed, and would like more information to aid in the investigation. If you'd like to assist, please create a new case and attach your game's save files, so our dedicated team can forward this information to the game team for review! 

Official Response
  • TheMB2410
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer I am playing on Xbox Series X and I have this issue. I have finished the story arc for all areas except Jotunheim. The Mari Lwyd cloak is visible at all times and the mask is visible when I activate the cloak or when no cloak is equipped at all. This happens whether I run, ride or fast travel to any area outside Glowecestrescire. It has been persistent since I completed the story arc for Glowecestrescire. I also noticed that the cloak is visible in the tattoo shop.

I have uploaded a video to Google Drive to show this. The video can be accessed here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10w9A6WK6WBF2dviZm7Rzrb4MqTKR3SKo/view?usp=drivesdk: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/10w9A6WK6WBF2dviZm7Rzrb4MqTKR3SKo/view?usp=drivesdk)

I really want this fixed so if there’s any more information you need or more screenshots and/or footage I’ll do my best.

EDIT: My Google Drive link isn’t working so I have uploaded it to YouTube instead.

• TheMB2410
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rodjedi
    2 posts

Hi!

PS5

Cloak is ON:

• underwater
    • every area (Asgard also)
    • every time (cutscenes, tattoo shop, when all other armour piece is turned off)
    • when not wearing cloak piece the deer skull is on the face of the character without the hood
    • nothing really helps
    • can't see tattoos in the shop
    • can't shoot with predator bow, because the fur blocks half of the screen

• Damo_77
    15 posts

@ubi-woofer
    This is from PC gameplay.
    The Mari Lwyd cloak is visible at all times and the mask is visible when I activate the cloak or when no cloak is equipped at all.
    The cloak is still shown in every area other than Vinland regardless of traveling by foot, horse, boat or fast travel.
    The issue is present constantly in all areas other than Vinland.

Here's a copy of my save in case the devs need it to test their bug fix.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVgLfQKIZzxUhhH41NbeMcG0EuB3ekfF/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVgLfQKIZzxUhhH41NbeMcG0EuB3ekfF/view?usp=sharing)

• yondernick
    5 posts

@ubi-woofer tried all fixes and still nothing works. Appears in water and out of it. I have stopped playing the game now because of this which is a true shame. Please fix it soon!

• Danny_Kustaa
    1 posts

Hi!
    playing on PS4

Cloak is ON

• underwater
    • every area (Asgard, Jotunheim, etc.)
    • every single time (Cutscenes, Tattoo Shop, even when all other armour piece is turned off)
    • when i am not wearing a cloak piece (Armor), the deer skull is on the face of the character without the hood
    • nothing really helps - even uninstalling the whole game/deleting the save etc. it ALWAYS comes back
    • can't see tattoos in the shop
    • can't properly shoot with predator bow, because the fur blocks half of the screen

pleas do assist asap as this REALLY ruins the game!

• CourseUniverse
    1 posts

I actually can’t even continue the quest once I have the Mari Lwyd costume on. I try to knock on doors, but Eivor just says “Locked. No one home.” and I cannot equip any other gear item, so I just can’t advance in the quest.

• PrimeOST
    1 posts

@danny_kustaa I am in the exact same situation, except on PC. Thus it’s platform independent. Truly immersion breaking and I can not believe how this is still not fixed.
    I do not understand the reason why this cloak has to be worn in that spesific area no matter what. It was fun to wear it in that Halloween quest for once, why all the time? Makes no sense.
    I also am losing interest in playing the game.
    As others have stated, an obvious solution would be making this annoying item an equipable one.
    Devs, please fix this as soon as possible.

• GhOsTgUy115
    1 posts

The mari lywd cloak is permanently stuck on my character ever since the glowecestrescire arc. I’ve tried pretty much every solution (fast traveling, atlas, even uninstalling and reinstalling) and it still won’t come off. I already beat the main story and i’m now 124+ hrs into the game, hopefully this bug gets fixed in the next update 🙂

• SilverToxxin
    3 posts

@courseuniverse When knocking make sure the hood is up. Otherwise they won't answer the door.

• SilverToxxin
    3 posts

On ps4 pro. Completed Glowecesestrscire arc and turned into Randvi. Cannot unequip Mari Lwyd ever since. Fast traveled everywhere. Vinland removes it but comes back anywhere else. Hiding cloak in inventory does not remove it. Taking off all gear does not remove it. It is consistent since I first received it. It has never removed itself and came back. I've since completed Wincesterscire arc and now working through Snoddingam arc. It.. won't.. go.. away! Please fix

• Superfly_Boss
    98 posts

@ubi-woofer The cloak stays on everywhere even in the loading screens. It stays on even when you hide all the armor pieces or take off all the armor. I am playing on Xbox One X.

• Damo_77
    15 posts

Came across a video of a possible fix that hadn't been mentioned here by anyone. It didn't work for me, but maybe it'll work for someone else.

• Velias_Vor
    1 posts

@damo_77 Same thing. Cloak stays on Eivor... (PC)

Suggested Topics