Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-HqYVIpSP
    4 posts

@guest-hqyvipsp tbh this game is a let down not happy atall was looking g forward to this game for so long sh########t

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone! 🙂

I'm very happy to return to the thread to confirm that TU 1.1.1 - releasing today - contains a fix for this issue with the Mari Lwyd disguise. Once the patch has been fully deployed, and you have fully-updated your game to the latest version, you should find that you are (finally!) able to remove the disguise when outside of Glowecestrescire, and should no longer see it stuck over your worn armour.

If exploring Glowecestrescire or completing the arc, please do be aware that as we mentioned before, the disguise will always involve the Mari Lwyd cloak and mask as these are part of the themed costume you wear as part of the Samhain festival in the region. Once you leave Glowecestrescire, toggling your disguise should remove the Mari Lwyd cloak and mask.

I would like to thank you all again for the information and evidence provided throughout the developers' investigation into this issue; it was integral to getting this issue resolved, and was extremely useful to refer to. I hope that after today's patch, there'll be no further issues, but should any arise, you are of course welcome to get in touch with me here in the thread and I'll reply as soon as I am able.

Official Response
  • Astro66
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Since completing the arc on Xbox 1, I cannot remove the cloak no matter where I am. It constantly replaces what I have equipped in every location no matter how you get there.

• Rawfract
    1 posts

Same problem, cloak will not go in any area (bar vinland). Even if I remove all gear and its still present in the tattoo change screen.

• Elyos86
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer why is this additional information required? This was flagged as a bug more than a month ago and it still has not been fixed. I have put up with countless bugs (2 x mounts summoned, Tarben romance glitch, quest bugs in Lunden, In Dreams still broken to name a few) in my 100 + hours of gameplay and this is the final bug I’m willing to put up with. Why is this still not fixed?!

• Jackyboyy23
    1 posts

@smash1295 this is the only one that has worked! Thank you

• MrFhob
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Also having this issue. 
    On Xbox One
    I have completed the glowecestrescire arc entirely. 
    Cloak and skull persist outside of glowecestrescire in every area and cutscene except for Vinland. 
    Persists while exiting glowecestrescire by fast travel and by foot/horse.
    None of the posted workarounds have had any effect.

Really takes you out of the game to go through Asgard with this cloak stuck on you.
    Would have made more sense to have this cloak as a unique item.

• OxIdOAC
    22 posts

@ubi-woofer

1. PC
    2. Yes
    3. Everywhere! By foot, horse, fast travel, fling, boat, you name it i use it....
    4. Confirmation? I completed the game with this bug, which is around 20~30 hours after i completed The Burning...... quest. Is it enough?
  • AJ_Nuvo
    44 posts

So Ubi could push out a hotfix for the Fast Travel bug but not this. Also, not even an acknowledgement by the devs of this bug.

What is taking so long? This has to be some kind of a joke. Is this that difficult to fix/verify? Good gracious and you prioritise pushing out microtransactions without bothering to see how much of a mess your base game is.

• UrbanEngineer
    1 posts

When this critical bug fixed?
    I couldn't find any solution even though I tried everything.(ex: restart PC, On/Off hide option equipment, take off all Items etc)

I'm very upset that I spent almost $ 100 on this game.

• Roughman01
    16 posts

I was genuinely considering buying some of the armors in the shop but if this is how they're treating us then I think I'll stay clear of them as there's no point if I cant even see it, this game needed more time before being released as the buggy mess it is.

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

@vanarlen I spared them both still have the problem

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

playing on PC

Same as this comment.....

• underwater
    • every area (Asgard, Jotunheim, etc.)
    • every single time (Cutscenes, Tattoo Shop, even when all other armour piece is turned off)
    • when i am not wearing a cloak piece (Armor), the deer skull is on the face of the character without the hood
    • nothing really helps - even uninstalling the whole game/deleting the save etc. it ALWAYS comes back
    • can't see tattoos in the shop
    • can't properly shoot with predator bow, because the fur blocks half of the screen

but im 189 hours in... this bug is game breaking.

• AJ_Nuvo
    44 posts

Does anything even get done around here? The posters have uploaded pics, videos, game saves for testing, and STILL Ubi Support is still asking for more information? Would you only believe it if God himself came down and told you to keep up? No updates, no response - nothing from Ubisoft support or the devs. Could you imagine how annoying it is to have that stupid skull appear on Eivor's face every time he pulls up his cloak? Have you even TESTED the game saves uploaded by the posters?

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

@aj_nuvo Seriously bad support.. I just had to go back to a old save and loose 9 hours of my 188 hour play through just so I don't go to the area where this mission takes place...Its put me off playing the game tbh.... think I'm just going to not bother and just play Cyberpunk instead. So disappointed... Valhalla is a **** show. Everything about it is bad... other than the story so far. They really cut the development on this one big time to rush it out. I F**king REGRET buying the GOLD Edition...... I'm never buying a gold edition again.. not if the quality is THIS bad...

• D-Kruger
    18 posts

Why is this still not fixed? What the hell?

• CaloginoSwag01
    1 posts

1) Playing on ps5
    2) travelled everywhere on the map and still can’t be removed.
    3) tried every trick/suggestion on this blog, including deleting and uploading game again.

I usually always spend money at Ubisoft store and have purchased 99% of all Ubisoft games and store content. This is very annoying and I am no longer interested in playing Valhalla in this cloak and mask after over 140 hours of gameplay. So with that being said I will turn my attention to Cyberpunk 2077 until this glitch is rectified.

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

Dear UBISOFT

Here is a fix for this stupid over-lay issue and can make this bug completely fixable and un-needed.. READY???

DELETE THE HOOD AND MASK AS AN OVER-LAY OUTFIT COMPLETELY..... MAKE THE MASK A HELMET ONLY!! AND LET THE PLAYER USE THEIR OWN HOOD.. WE HAVE MANY BLACK HOODS AVAILABLE TO US.

Done! I fixed it for you, so you just need to implement it... it's not hard, you could literally do this overnight, or in a couple of days. It's breaking the game for MANY people. With a bug like this I'm surprised people aren't asking for a 100% refund on the game as it's a main story mission. I had to lose 9 hours of my 189 hour game play and I can't progress with this bug.. and I can't wear hoods to armours that I've PAID for with helix credits.

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

@caloginoswag01 Same.. it's a game breaker.. if it's not fixed before christmas I'm making a legal case for a refund for the full amount I played for the GOLD edition

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

Here is a fix for this stupid over-lay issue and can make this bug completely fixable and un-needed..

DELETE THE HOOD AND MASK AS AN OVER-LAY OUTFIT COMPLETELY..... MAKE THE MASK A HELMET ONLY!! AND LET THE PLAYER USE THEIR OWN HOOD.. WE HAVE MANY BLACK HOODS AVAILABLE TO US.

Done! I fixed it for you, so you just need to implement it...you could literally do this overnight, or in a couple of days. It's breaking the game for MANY people. With a bug like this I'm surprised people aren't asking for a 100% refund on the game as it's a main story mission. I had to lose 9 hours of my 189 hour game play and I can't progress with this bug.. and I can't wear hoods to armours that I've PAID for with helix credits.

• AJ_Nuvo
    44 posts

Still nothing from the devs or Ubi Support lol. And a patch is rolling out soon. What a joke this has been.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics