Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• D-Kruger
    18 posts

Why is this still not fixed? What the hell?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone! 🙂

I'm very happy to return to the thread to confirm that TU 1.1.1 - releasing today - contains a fix for this issue with the Mari Lwyd disguise. Once the patch has been fully deployed, and you have fully-updated your game to the latest version, you should find that you are (finally!) able to remove the disguise when outside of Glowecestrescire, and should no longer see it stuck over your worn armour.

If exploring Glowecestrescire or completing the arc, please do be aware that as we mentioned before, the disguise will always involve the Mari Lwyd cloak and mask as these are part of the themed costume you wear as part of the Samhain festival in the region. Once you leave Glowecestrescire, toggling your disguise should remove the Mari Lwyd cloak and mask.

I would like to thank you all again for the information and evidence provided throughout the developers' investigation into this issue; it was integral to getting this issue resolved, and was extremely useful to refer to. I hope that after today's patch, there'll be no further issues, but should any arise, you are of course welcome to get in touch with me here in the thread and I'll reply as soon as I am able.

Official Response
  • CaloginoSwag01
    1 posts

1) Playing on ps5
    2) travelled everywhere on the map and still can’t be removed.
    3) tried every trick/suggestion on this blog, including deleting and uploading game again.

I usually always spend money at Ubisoft store and have purchased 99% of all Ubisoft games and store content. This is very annoying and I am no longer interested in playing Valhalla in this cloak and mask after over 140 hours of gameplay. So with that being said I will turn my attention to Cyberpunk 2077 until this glitch is rectified.

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

Dear UBISOFT

Here is a fix for this stupid over-lay issue and can make this bug completely fixable and un-needed.. READY???

DELETE THE HOOD AND MASK AS AN OVER-LAY OUTFIT COMPLETELY..... MAKE THE MASK A HELMET ONLY!! AND LET THE PLAYER USE THEIR OWN HOOD.. WE HAVE MANY BLACK HOODS AVAILABLE TO US.

Done! I fixed it for you, so you just need to implement it... it's not hard, you could literally do this overnight, or in a couple of days. It's breaking the game for MANY people. With a bug like this I'm surprised people aren't asking for a 100% refund on the game as it's a main story mission. I had to lose 9 hours of my 189 hour game play and I can't progress with this bug.. and I can't wear hoods to armours that I've PAID for with helix credits.

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

@caloginoswag01 Same.. it's a game breaker.. if it's not fixed before christmas I'm making a legal case for a refund for the full amount I played for the GOLD edition

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

Here is a fix for this stupid over-lay issue and can make this bug completely fixable and un-needed..

DELETE THE HOOD AND MASK AS AN OVER-LAY OUTFIT COMPLETELY..... MAKE THE MASK A HELMET ONLY!! AND LET THE PLAYER USE THEIR OWN HOOD.. WE HAVE MANY BLACK HOODS AVAILABLE TO US.

Done! I fixed it for you, so you just need to implement it...you could literally do this overnight, or in a couple of days. It's breaking the game for MANY people. With a bug like this I'm surprised people aren't asking for a 100% refund on the game as it's a main story mission. I had to lose 9 hours of my 189 hour game play and I can't progress with this bug.. and I can't wear hoods to armours that I've PAID for with helix credits.

• AJ_Nuvo
    44 posts

Still nothing from the devs or Ubi Support lol. And a patch is rolling out soon. What a joke this has been.

• MrMontr
    4 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

I've never been one too really complain about game bugs as they're bound too happen, I've overlooked so many in this game thus far and this one may not be game breaking but damn does it ruin the immersion.

This message like many others will most likely fall on deaf ears but this bug is real, yes it may be "intended" too have it on when in the Glowecestrescire area but when you travel too every other region on the map and you still have the cloak and horse mask on I'm sure isn't "working as inteneded" especially when you've stripped off all your armour and the cloak still remains on with the horse mask clipping through your face...

I've put about 150 hours into the game so far and purchased many items with helix credits just too now not be able too even see half of what I've purchased.

Please push a fix for this in the upcoming patch, I want too continue playing this awesome game and future titles too come.

• Roughman01
    16 posts

Just checked latest patch notes, think we've essentially been told to go [censored] ourselves, can't see a fix

• speedynl21
    79 posts

@roughman01
    quess this was more importend ( Addressed instances where players were able to open barred doors with the Dive of the Valkyries ability )
    no more opening barred doors

but a real bug like this dum cloak will not be fixed
    good thing i already did the hole main line and uninstalled the game some time ago
    maybe in a year or so, IF all is fixed then i take a look again

• Roughman01
    16 posts

@speedynl21 sadly I didn't finish the main quest and no matter what I do I can't remove it, think till be my first AC I don't finish though it'll be last one I buy

• AJ_Nuvo
    44 posts

@Ubi-Woofer @UbiQuB3

So as others above have stated - new patch notes but this bug isn't even within. There are two possibilities

1. You guys didn't even bother to put it to the devs/didn't even bother testing it
    2. The devs got your message, but couldn't be arsed to deal with it

If this is the level of pride you put into the game and the dedication you give to serving the gamerbase which paid for the game (as well as your other Helix store items), then you are lacking. Sorely lacking.

I've been playing AC since AC1, have gone through ups and downs, but this is the first time I see the dev team so unwilling to investigate player reports and indisputable evidence. Why, for the love of all that's good, do you simply not bother?

Do you need us to reiterate? The Mari Lwyd cloak appears and is stuck on Eivor even after the Glowecestrescire arc, outside of Glowecestrescire (definitely not intended). It is on in Asgard, Jotunheim, Norway and the rest of God's good land of England. It appears in the tattoo shop screens and in cutscenes and when the cloak (whichever - Brigandine, Galloglach, Thegn etc) is unequipped as an armour item, the ugly as heck horseskull gets forced onto Eivor's face. You tell me if that's intended.

Can you goddamn fix this already?

• DayusMakhina
    1 posts

@aj_nuvo Too right. It's messed up for me too.

• D-Kruger
    18 posts

Found not a fix, but a workaround. If you equip Bayek's outfit, the cloak disappears. It's not good enough for me, since I want Eivor to look like a viking, but maybe someone will benefit from it.

• Hypobox
    8 posts

Well at least we get xmas stuff that we cant see...AS WE ARE STUCK IN HALOWEEEN!!!

• AJ_Nuvo
    44 posts

I am not sure why this can't be hotfixed. Immersion is as good a reason as progression to hotfix anything. It's just a matter of removing the goddamn cloak once the Glowecestrescire arc completes, as well as any glitched cloaks Eivor may have gotten. If you tell me that's rocket science in the field of game design, then I concede. But you can push out hotfixes for quest bugs so this doesn't seem too far off. Good gracious.

• nimz2011
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer

PS5

Yes

Ive been to the witch locations by fast travel. Travelled to Lincolnshire but the cloak still wont go away. Im trying to get the Thor pieces

• AJ_Nuvo
    44 posts

So. Patch is downloaded, cloak of shame is still there.

[censored] taking the [censored] out of us.

• D-Kruger
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • D-Kruger
    18 posts

@aj_nuvo They are so useless.

• MrsFrostbitn
    1 posts

I was so hoping the update would fix this but nope. I'm up to Holy Day quest and the stupid cloak is still there!!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics