Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

@AJ_Nuvo We are committed to resolving reported issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. I apologise for the delays with regard to this particular issue, and look forward to sharing more information about the fix as soon as it becomes available. At present, no further information is available about the patch date / number, however the fix is confirmed to be coming.

@cnnryng A hotfix is not planned for this issue; it is scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming title update. Once I know more about when the fix will be deployed, I will communicate it here. For now, I must ask for and thank you for your continued patience and understanding regarding this issue.

In the meantime, the workarounds shared throughout this thread may allow some of you to be rid of the visual bug. I recommend giving them a try to see if they are successful for you. Once again, thank you for your continued patience and understanding. I'll communicate further information about the fix as soon as I can.

Official Response
  • rgb57
    2 posts
  • elenjro
    1 posts

Has anyone got a fix for this yet as I’ve tried so many ways to remove it and they’ve not work. I don’t mind it but I also want it removed. Also has anyone else had problems with the drunk screen as soon as the game loads, this has happened for a few days now and can’t seem to work out why

• Seejay9933
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer. Our patience and understanding? Seems as though we have no choice but to be patient. And i think we all understand ubisoft doesn't really care about their fan base. This is a problem affecting lots of players, use those millions of dollars you made off of us to give us a prompt patch! At this point i just want my money back, screw the game, ubisofts support has made me want to tear my hair out and has discouraged me from buying any more of their titles. What con artists you all are!

• FLUFFYBANANA281
    1 posts

@lm0101998 Even after many restarts it still doesn't work for me on PC

• ErinBoru
    4 posts

I can't imagine what it must be like to A: be the person responsible to relay support issues to developers and B: return after said relay with what amounts to cookie cutter replies. I'm glad it's not my job.

Having said that, the lack of transparency regarding the Mari Lwyd bug is disturbing. Without any personal technical training as a game developer, I am starting to worry that there is NO hotfix possible, seeing as the bug crosses over all platforms, PC included. I am left to my own devices in imagining these scenarios due to a total lack of aforementioned transparency.

I strongly believe that very few people get satisfaction from a refund. I for one don't. It just leaves me with a bitter taste and a feeling of resentment that something so long awaited never came to fruition, even something like a simple transaction between client and provider of a playable game.

With the debacles of 2020, including EA FIFA, Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel's Avengers to name a few, I am still holding out with hope that Ubisoft will take the forefront in customer service during unprecedented negative experiences for gamers. Every passing day, that hope dwindles a little more.

I'd like to buy the season pass, to this point there is no reason I should.

• speedynl21
    79 posts

@erinboru
    why on earth would you buy the pas, they can't even fix the base game, there dlc's are prolly(more) bugged to, just look at the yule event, filled with bugs

• NeedleNerd
    11 posts

I play on PC and what worked for me just now was to wear the cloak (Mari Lwyd will show with the skull mask on) and jump into water. When I climbed back out of the water I was wearing my regular cloak. HTH!
    PS: Still drunk every time I load a game 🙄

• NeedleNerd
    11 posts

@needlenerd If it reverts (as it apparently did for some people) I'll update.

• Danziii
    6 posts

You know what? Screw this game and screw Ubisoft. Never have I played a game so blatantly [censored] broken. I've had so many gamebreaking bugs throughout my time in this game and I've got through them because I was actually enjoying the game, but after 20 or so hours with this horrible cloak, I cannot stand to stare at this abomination any longer. As well as world events not loading properly, meaning I can't even fully complete the game. Ubisoft are an absolute disgrace. You cannot contact any of their customer support, they give you no indication of when these issues might be fixed. They've known about Mari Lwyd bug now for over a month and they'v done [censored] all about it. It's clear that they just wanted to push this [censored] out and take our money from launch and that's it. I could've waited many more months before buying this garbage fire when it's actually playable and I would've paid half the price. Give me a refund for this [censored].

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@needlenerd

For me (XSX), this solution (just like all others mentioned above) does not work.

• iJames91
    4 posts

Try restart the game or use the BAYEK SUIT and remove

• Lucerne-UK
    2 posts

@cclarke98 I am having the same issue. Tried all the fixes suggested but unfortunately I am still laden with the cloak... and drunk every time I enter the game. So annoying!!!

• Lucerne-UK
    2 posts

@lupuswolf65 Same for me. Getting me really annoyed now!

• ErinBoru
    4 posts

Here's an excerpt from NME.com-gaming news, posted on December 29th, by Simjar Singh:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla producer Julien Laferriere has shared Ubisoft's top priorities for the game post launch.

Laferriere said apart from already assured post launch content, his team is mainly focused on pushing out updates based on player feedback. In an interview with Game Informer, he said " It's about hearing what the player base is saying, and reacting to that, on top of extra content."

Wow.

Want some salt on those wounds?

• iwul_BRAND
    1 posts

dammit guys, it's nearly 2021 and the bug still persists.
    Playing on fat XONE, tried nearly all of the workarounds posted.

whatever I do, the cloak remains there after wrapping up the arc, seemingly not as a part of EQ but rather stuck to my character model. Even in the tattoo parlor, Eivor undresses to underwear... and Mari Lwyd cloak. Tried it all: leaving Glowcestrescire, returning there and leaving again (fast travel and horseback both), taking clothes off, swapping, toggling cloak visibility off, spamming hood command on the wheel, you name it.

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@ijames91

Thanks, but also not working. While using the Bayek suit the cloak is gone, but as soon as I put on anything else it is back. Made invisible visible, cap on/off, jump in water, ride horse, tried all solutions, but in the end, the cloak is still there.

At first it wasn’t irritating me, but now I begin to really dislike it. I use the Bayek suit now, but it also begins to irritate me, because I am sort of forced to use it.

• Mr.Foxconn
    17 posts

i know its not your fault Ubi-woofer, but please send my message to your boss, this game is a pathetic bug pile .
    im playing Cyberpunk 2077 at holiday, because of this Cloak Bug, and know what? Better game 😄 Still full of technical bugs, BUT I CAN WEAR WHAT I WANT.
    So if i could timetravel i decide again which product should i buy , Valhalla or Cyberpunk, that decision would be Cyberpunk, sorry i will never buy again AC game

• Mr.Foxconn
    17 posts

anyone here know how can i get the refund, i would appriciate the help, because chat support is death, cant opent even a bug ticket and i really want refund this. Didnt finished the game, but not this wanted when i bought this

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@mr-foxconn

For me it is the same about the comparison Valhalla and Cyberpunk. I really don’t get it why review sites complain that much about Cyberpunk and they praise Valhalla into heaven. I really like the idea Valhalla has to be, but the amount of bugs is a bit to much to ignore. I get it, they can’t fix this amount of bugs immediately, but this game really should have been delayed.

I really like Ubisoft games like Far Cry and AC. Have them all and spend the most of my gaming time on them. Normally I would have also bought Fenyx Rising, but decided to skip it because of Valhalla. Instead I bought Cyberpunk, also because I knew if I disliked it, I could get a refund.

Suggested Topics