Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AJ_Nuvo
    44 posts

@cnnryng GoW has not "had two years to fix bugs". It came out, at the outset, much cleaner and more polished with fewer bugs. It did not have a ton of packs for you to buy, all while delivering a mess of bugs and glitches the devs are slow to fix. I don't recall there being a ton of complaints as to the smoothness of GoW, or the presence of game breaking bugs either. So the devs were either lucky, or they just did a much better job at, well, their damn job.

Good for you that the game runs spectacularly well on XSX. However, as you can tell from the hundreds of posts on this thread, it does not run "spectacularly well" for many people.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1038 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone! 🙂

I'm very happy to return to the thread to confirm that TU 1.1.1 - releasing today - contains a fix for this issue with the Mari Lwyd disguise. Once the patch has been fully deployed, and you have fully-updated your game to the latest version, you should find that you are (finally!) able to remove the disguise when outside of Glowecestrescire, and should no longer see it stuck over your worn armour.

If exploring Glowecestrescire or completing the arc, please do be aware that as we mentioned before, the disguise will always involve the Mari Lwyd cloak and mask as these are part of the themed costume you wear as part of the Samhain festival in the region. Once you leave Glowecestrescire, toggling your disguise should remove the Mari Lwyd cloak and mask.

I would like to thank you all again for the information and evidence provided throughout the developers' investigation into this issue; it was integral to getting this issue resolved, and was extremely useful to refer to. I hope that after today's patch, there'll be no further issues, but should any arise, you are of course welcome to get in touch with me here in the thread and I'll reply as soon as I am able.

Official Response
  • shyam3010
    84 posts

@cnnryng just because you yourself aren’t experiencing problems, doesn’t mean everyone else isn’t. The world doesn’t revolve around you. This is basic stuff.

• speedynl21
    79 posts

@cnnryng
    it have nothing to do with running well, the game is ridled with bugs, thats the problem, and fixing bugs seems not importend for ubi, adding cashshop crap is more importend

• M3W3SY
    9 posts

@cnnryng why are you here if things are working so well? You may not be having issues on your XsX but you aren't the sole owner of one. I too have one and things are not running spectacularly for me. I have looked beyond the multiple glitches and mission bugs that have required reloads to spawn in characters. The Yule festival was ridiculous. My fighting opponents were flying. Two died from fall damage, my targets for the archery mission loaded backwards so I had to shoot the act of targets to score points and I'm always drunk when I load in. All could be forgiven because the Yule festival did not impact my capacity to play across the map. The Meri Lwyd on the other hand is unacceptable.

Don't bring God of war into things. These are two different animals.

• edwardob8
    1 posts

@lowerdanny

hey man! Does this work even after completing the arc?

• M3W3SY
    9 posts

@edwardob8
    It's a mixed bag mate. You might get lucky off one of the fixes but so far many of us have had no luck with any. Please don't listen to any idiot claiming they have a 100% solution. If there was a definitive solution we wouldn't be stalking this page demanding a fix.

• Seanjones84
    1 posts

Ps5

mari luwyd cloak won’t go away no matter what region I’m in even after that sort is finished. Also have the arrows down to 12 instead of 30 and drunk every load in.

• Chillhart
    5 posts

Did i get that right? There is not even a hotfix planned?! For an absolute gamebreaker bug that is known for over two months?!

Must i buy Ubisoft games years after release to get a bug-free experience?

• D-Kruger
    18 posts

@chillhart
    Yes. No. Yes.

Yes.

• KingUncle
    2 posts

The cloak does not go away , still its bugging me . damm!!!!

• CA1981StarWar
    5 posts

I’ve tried every solution imaginable to get this damn Mary lwyd cloak and skull mask off, all to no avail. I didn’t mind dealing with being drunk, I didn’t mind having less arrows then I should of had, I didn’t mind having “floating” arrows just hanging on my side, but I’ll tell you what, NOT BEING ABLE TO USE THE CLOAK I WANT AND HAVING THIS SKULL MASK IS [censored] ME OFF TO NO END. I can’t even f’n play anymore. Not only did I buy the gold addition, I have also spent money on helix credits so I can wear cool armor sets that aren’t in game, BUT I CAN’T even see what I’m wearing bc of this glitch. This is such bs and I literally wasted my money. This glitch has been known for almost a month and a half now, YET IT STILL PERSISTS. FU

• M3W3SY
    9 posts

@ca1981starwar at my last calculation I've spent 3.5 hours trying to get the cloak off. Travelled by horse, ship, and walking back to Ravensthorpe from the area after the arc. Fast fravelled all over and across the different lands dreaming or not, equipped and unequipped everything in ever combination on horse off horse, deleted and redownloaded everything twice. Hard saves and cloud saves and loaded Dave from by xsx to xbox one. It ain't going anywhere until it'd addressed by ubisoft. I've stopped playing too, waiting for a patch.

• CA1981StarWar
    5 posts

@m3w3sy yup, it’s so aggravating. I work my [censored] off all day and look forward to coming home and playing this game, and I can’t even play it the way I want. It’s sad really, now I have to talk to my wife instead of getting lost in 9th century England, thanks Ubisoft, for stealing my money and [censored] me off. And jk with the wife comment of course.

• Cheva1ier.
    3 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

PC

I am also an unlucky player who cannot remove the cloak.
    After 150 hours in the game I must say that this bug was a major factor that I couldn't enjoy the game. I have already ended the main story and left the game until the problem was fixed.

I must say that I came back only to take the Yule fest Armor.
    Otherwise there was no reason to continue the exploration.
    I preordered the Ultimate Edition since 3rd May and waited with anticipation for a game equal to my favorite Odyssey, but all these glitches and bugs transform my anticipation to frustration.

Finally I am hoping for an update release before the drop of the DLC ,because for me and many other players there will be no reason to continue the game with the current status.

Best Regards

• guest-Ki2C1XGN
    2 posts

Ok, you've taken this too far ubisoft. It is understandable that any new game may have glitches and bugs and that it will be fixed. But a lotta of us have been seeing this [censored] horse mask and that trashy mari lwyd cloak for 2 months!!! It has disrupted so many people's games. Many like myself have stopped playing and have been waiting for a fix for quite some time. You guys can atleast give us an explanation saying it's a big fix(I don't think it i) and we will release a fix or update at so and so time. But no, keep focusing on minting more money off us by releasing new packs and other bs. Do y'all have any idea how you're ruining the image of the game and ubisoft? I feel so frustrated and I have tried literally everything possible. I feel like i will never ever buy [censored] game of ubisoft ever again. And I'm sure a lot of people feel the same [censored] way! Especially the people who spent 100+dollars to buy gold edition and other add ons. This is really really sad. You're losing many players. Now I am not some noob who has no job and is just sitting around playing all day. I have a job and a lot of other stuff going on. But I am passionate about gaming so I do spend a whatever free time I have playing. But with bs like this, I feel like I should stop wasting my time on [censored] like y'all who take our money and just leave us hanging. please [censored] fix it asap! You have already ruined the game for us. Pls fix it so that we can just finish the [censored] story instead of having to go to wikipedia or youtube to know the rest. Atleast give us a proper explanation and a date for the update.

• M3W3SY
    9 posts

I think the complete silence regarding the matter is [censored] me off more than the issue itself. Give me a date it will be fixed and make is soon!

• Shady_Em
    2 posts

I'm just gonna toss my 2 cents in for this post. I have the same issue and have had it for over 3 weeks now. I've tried every "fix" out there on the internet. Nothing works. This is really really dragging down the playing experience. It ruins the cinematic scenes. At least respond and say you're working on it, acknowledge it's an issue, something.

• CA1981StarWar
    5 posts

@shady_em exactly! At least give us hope and I form us that it will be fixed soon, being ignored is infuriating. They just take our money and don’t give a f...”hey! Check out these new armors we have on the helix store, but them! But just a heads up you won’t get to see the cloak or helmet!” It’s really a big FU to the consumer.

• karmell33
    3 posts

Hi Unisoft, the mari lwyd bug is still an issue and is really making it hard to enjoy the game now. Can you fix this asap?

• karmell33
    3 posts

Still a problem. Really taking away my enjoyment of the game. Please fix asap.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics