Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tolkyyn
    82 posts

Tired of Reda's same old daily quests, I went to Glouchester and got the quests there in Buckingham. As soon as Eivor landed at the docks the cloak with the bird skull mask spawned, and even after multiple reloads and travel back to Raventhorpe, the ugly cloak will not go away. I checked the 3/19 bug lists, and it's not there now. How do I get rid of this ugly cloak? My inventory still shows I'm wearing the cloak of my choice, but the visual is stuck on the bird skull cloak.

I solved this by going to Norway.

• Tolkyyn
    82 posts

So this is March 19 2021 and the bug happened to my Eivor for the first time and if I go to Norway, the cloak appears fixed, but as soon as Eivor goes back to England, the ugly cloak is back and even telling the inventory to make it hide, it doesn't. I'm very unhappy.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3839 posts

Hello there @Tolkyyn!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to remove the Mari Lywd cloak. Would you be able to send us a video that shows you're unable to remove the cloak once you're outside of Glowecestrescire? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JCar4327
    634 posts

@tolkyyn I just had this problem as well. If you travel to the fast travel point at Glowecestre and swim across the river over into Hamptunscire and keep going a little ways the cloak will remove itself.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@jcar4327 Thanks for sharing this workaround! @Tolkyyn Please be sure to send over a YouTube video link of this issue, should swimming across the river over into Hamptunscire not resolve this issue for you.

Official Response
  • peacepraiser
    1 posts

Still being unable to remove this ugly cloak in Glowecestrescire is incomprehensible for me. Gunnar tells you that he will give you back your cloak back after this silly quest. Also hood on should make you less conspicuous, but noone is wearing horse skull on their head so guess what... After patch it's still buggy. You can still make the hood go down and see this skull clipping on eivors head. All this brakes the immersion for me. Few people above suggested the best solution for this which is giving us this cloak as a wearable item. It seems that you can't change this and you are telling us "it's not a bug it's a feature"

• Gyp3yblood
    2 posts

It's seem every time I enter glowecertrescire I end up with this stupid cloak again,, can't finish all the events or I'm stuck with this cloak,,, again,, I tryed restarting game after I leave,,, still have the cloak,,, only thing works is not entering glowecertrescire,,,,, which means I can't finish all the events and collect all the wealth there,,or I'm stuck back with this stupid cloak again,,,,

• Xeretrax
    4 posts

How is this still not fixed?

Ran into the bug today as well .. tried everything suggested to fix it, nothing.

Cant you just make an optional patch that simply deletes the actual files from the game? At least for those who already finished Glowecestrescire.
    At that point it cant load it even if it wants to .. so it sure as hell wont be visible then.
    Or replace it with some texture 1pixel big so its impossible to see.

Seriously .. how hard can it be?

This bug shouldnt exist to begin with, let alone exist today ...

Title shouldn't have the "solved" tag when it isnt solved.

• Xeretrax
    4 posts

I wanted to edit to my original post ..but for some BS reason I cant. 10 minute limit seriously? [censored]....

You could also make a patch that litterly edits the savegame and removed anything related to this BS mari lewd crap.

• UbiExcellent

@xeretrax I'm extremely sorry for the frustration caused by this error with not being able to remove the Mari Lywd cloak outside of Glowecestrescire. Please send over video footage of this in the form of a YouTube link, so we can re-open the investigation on this issue if needed.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    536 posts

@gyp3yblood

I believe this is by design. I think that's a questionable choice myself but they've stated elsewhere that it's intended.

At one point, probably still the case, if you remove all equipment then that cloak stays visible, with the hood up.

• afewscarsmore
    78 posts

@gyp3yblood thats design - special clock for that region

• SpirantCrayon22
    536 posts

@afewscarsmore

Yes, that's what I thought. One minor and slightly amusing thing is if you remove all Eivor's "clothes" - including the cloak - then that Mari Lwyd cloak is permanently present with the hood up.

• SpirantCrayon22
    536 posts

@gyp3yblood

I just re-read this, are you suggesting that there is something stopping you from doing quests there? The cloak shouldn't stop that.

• afewscarsmore
    78 posts

@spirantcrayon22 wow thats a problem

• SpirantCrayon22
    536 posts

@afewscarsmore

Not much of a problem, actually, I used the wrong wording! It is "permanently present" - the cloak appears with the hood up for as long as Eivor has all clothing removed and the hood can't be removed/put away. It doesn't stay after clothes are put back on - thought it worth clarifying in case anyone reads it and then worries that the game is going to break by playing it.

• Xeretrax
    4 posts

@ubiexcellent

I dont know how, but after multiple game restarts and multiple switching genders and traveling to Asgard and back and all that other stuff at the same time for multiple times.
    Just before when I was about to call it a day and start breaking into the files to kill the actual textures at least for myself, because, why not? See if the game crashes or not if I were to touch it or just ignore it and simply let me continue without being able to load something I didn't want to begin with.. I could always get a new copy of the file in its original state anyways if things failed.

I loaded the game yet again and it seems to have magically fixed itself? I was somehow suddenly not wearing it anymore after hours of not being able to get rid of it...the irony ...

I dont know whats going on, but its definitely not fixed else people wouldn't still be having this issue to begin with. It might just be more rare now, less that can trigger it, but its still there.

• headbanger866
    31 posts

I managed to finish the quest but now i cannot remove the disguise.

• headbanger866
    31 posts

I managed to finish the quest but now i cannot remove the disguise.

• UbiExcellent

@xeretrax I appreciate you following-up on this thread and am delighted to hear that this error is no longer present for you. Please keep us posted if anything changes.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics