ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dahmzor
    Original poster 18 posts

I'm seeing post everywhere of people complaining that in Valhalla, Odyssey and Origin's your not playing as an Assassin and doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed franchise game.

My thoughts on the matter is that those people are small minded idiots. Sorry. But you basically just want to wear Etzio's outfit and skulk around assassinating people. Play the Etzio trilogy.

The franchise is more that simply running around some historical time, somewhere in the world and assassinating people. It's the "modern-day" elements to do with Abstergo, The Templars mission, and the reason both factions are using the animus in the first place. Just like Desmond saved the world by activating an ISU device, again Layla is trying to do that in Valhalla. Just because Eivor is not an assassin does not mean his ancestors weren't. He has genetic memories pertaining to locations and items relevant to what the Assassin's are trying to achieve. Suffice to say this is another story in a long line of stories and I for one particularly loved it. But the story is by no means complete, and we have been in and out of the animus for centuries.

So why complain that these games don't feel particularly "assassiny" (as described by someone that was complaining). You don't have the whole story, you have not seen the big picture. I'm actually thinking that sooner or later one of the games is going to be a fully trained Modern day Assassin with no Animus. Just a lot of travelling different locations around the world (perhaps some we've even visited), assassinating Templers and trying to save the world one last time. Putting a final end to the Templer tyranny. Using all the knowledge gained from the animus dives of previous assassin's. Maybe, it's possible.

Point is, we don't know. And the suspense of that is part of the fun, what's it gonna be, where we gonna go, what are we going to be doing, why are we doing this.

Please stop complaining. I think Ubisoft have done the greatest job of entertaining the masses with the Assassin's creed Franchise. Bringing so many games, with so many unique stories, and all woven in a big story we have yet to see play out.

Yes the games could use improvement in places, most games will because you can't please everyone. But they are still good games, recognise them for what they are, and not what you demand they be.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

@dahmzor You're complaining about people complaining. 😸 That's nice you appreciate those "perceived" features and quality of the AC story arc. Oddly enough; other people have different takes on those subjects. We may, in fact, be small minded idiots, but then you're perfectly free to be an arrogant self righteous boob. We don't hold it against you.

• Dahmzor
    Original poster 18 posts

@flanker1six Yeah people can have their own views, their own take on the on the subject.

And I'm not complaining. I'm saying stop complaining about Valhalla being a Viking saga and not an "Assassiny" game. And I would also like to point out that in a lot of the "Assassiny" games, your not an assassin, you get recruited and trained as an assassin as the story progresses. The same thing happens to Eivor, he gets some training, the weapon and offered to join the Hidden Ones, but he refuses as he is Viking, and their sage is written in song, not shadows. He still assassinates people. Heck I did the full on assassin's creed stalk and kill for each target except the obvious Zealots. Even then my initial attacks was an attempt. And the assassin's hide in plain sight. It's not removed from the game, it's now just an optional.

People complain because they couldn't dress as etzio and skulk around everywhere. Plain and simple.

If you want to play that way, go play the Etzio saga. I would rather see how the story plays out, as I enjoyed the different era's, the varied way of life, and how the Assassin's genetic line descended from ISU and Human adapt's to each changing place and time. I want to see if the ISU escapes from the computer, and how the Assassin's stop or help her. And I think that would be the final episode in the franchise, and I think it would be played out by Modern day Assassin's. I can't wait to see.

But you lot keep complaining about not being like Etzio. Keep missing the whole picture and the full story. That's your choice.

Oh and if you think your one of the "small minded idiots", that's on you. I never called you that. Just the ones posting everywhere that "Valhalla isn't Assassiny" and shouldn't have been an AC game. I guess Layla wasn't an Assassin, and wasn't the main protagonist using the Animus in Odyssey. I she was.... ah that's big picture stuff. To complex for some people to follow I guess.

• WeaselMilkerSTC
    4 posts

@dahmzor I know you’re looking forward to a modern day game, but they’ve stated they’ll never do that because it’s be “too hard”. Guns, cars, etc they’d have to deal with. You and I can agree that guns would just work like predator bows and making them have scarce, limited ammo would help them not be OP. Cars and motorcycles can work like horses and carriages. But they don’t want to do it. The fact is, this overarching main story that you’re celebrating doesn’t exist. They have no idea where they’re going with it, they’re just making it up as they go. The original premise of Desmond gaining all these assassin abilities to become the ultimate assassins was an incredible premise, and it’s ruined. Layla could do the same thing, but that would mean they’d actually have to reach a conclusion instead of shelling out games for more money. Case in point, AC II and liberation had Eve as a main theme, and it’s implied that she’s still alive and needs to be found. And they scrapped it. AC III, Juno was released into the world which was supposed to be super dangerous, but nothing has happened. We don’t even know who the main Templar is. The modern day story is just caught in tiny clips in each game and we don’t get to see what’s really happening. It’s their way of saying “this war will never end”. Then why fight in it, if there’s no chance of real success?

people hate the modern parts because they’re really just walking around and talking to people. AC3 did it best and gave us actual missions to run and it was sweet. Why not design a modern assassin outfit and do some of that. These guys have no goal in the end but short term stories and keeping the franchise going.

• Dahmzor
    Original poster 18 posts

@weaselmilkerstc everything you say is correct except one thing, and that is your premise that "These guys have no goal in the end but short term stories and keeping the franchise going". You have no proof of this. However since it is a popular franchise, ubisoft probably decided to include more before the end story, for all we know.

And I never said I'm looking forward to a modern day game, I said I'm looking forward to what comes next and after that and so on. I said maybe the endgame would be a modern day game. But then it could be a futuristic game. It could be Ragnarok, Armageddon, The End of all things. And maybe you have to find a way to go on beyond that like some of the ISU did.
    Like I said I'm just spinning idea's of what could be, how this story could go, the many ways we have not seen and do not know about.

And yeah I hate the modern day throw me out of the animus parts too. But it's part of the whole story, the animus parts like Ancient Rome or Greece are the main story of that chapter. But it's not the whole story.

And after Layla's 3 chapters; Origin's, Odyssey and Valhalla, I have a much clearer view of that whole story, who the Assassin's are, and where they came from, who the Templers are and what they really want. And what happened to the ISU(gods) and what is going to happen. As far as I'm concerned Valhalla played a big part in that.

Suggested Topics