ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Plan3tCrackr
    Original poster 46 posts

Since I started using these Ubi Beta forums I added my PC specs as a signature to possibly aid in support for Ubi and forum users. My signature was initially being shown as were those of other users, but I am no longer seeing signatures in posts. Signatures exist in the user profile but there does not appear to be any option in settings to show signatures. As someone who frequents PC and gaming forums a PC spec list feature whether in form of signature or additional drop-down list at user avatar is extremely helpful for all users.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1334 posts

Hey Plan3tCrackr, this is a cool suggestion regarding system specs - thanks for posting about it! I'll share it with the developers and see if it would be possible to add an extra section for this.

Out of curiosity, regarding signatures - I have one enabled containing the link to our support site and our social media handle. Are you able to see this under my posts?

I've included a screenshot of what it is set to in my settings for reference:

undefined

If you're unable to see it and wouldn't mind sharing a screenshot of my reply here with it missing with me, that would be great. I'll need to get that reported!

Official Response
  • Plan3tCrackr
    Original poster 46 posts

@ubi-woofer Hi Ubi-Woofer, thank you for the response! Today I am not seeing any signatures, yours or mine. However, last night and this morning, 20/12/03-20/12/04, I was seeing my signature on my posts when checking responses to notifications to threads in which I posted. Here is a screenshot from just before posting this reply:
    undefined

Here is the text from my signature, it is my PC specs: X470-F, 2700X, 5700XT Nitro+, 3000CL1416GB, NVME 2xSSD 2xHDD, LanCool2 Mesh Perf, 650W Gold PSU, 47"1080p60Hz 27"1440p144Hz, AVR

Are you able to see this a second time as a signature below? I frequent PC hardware forums for example my motherboard, CPU, GPU core and water cooling accessory manufacturers and many of them have system spec lists that can be accessed for users that offer such details near their avatar. It can be quite helpful for forum users like myself who have troubleshooted problems with games, hardware, etc. to try and help others with similar specs. There is so much experience from those who play your games who can help others.

• Plan3tCrackr
    Original poster 46 posts

@ubi-woofer Woah, I edited my post to add a bit more detail and went to edit it a second time to state I have not changed my profile or settings during the time when signatures were appearing 24 hours ago, but was greeted with a message that editing posts can only be performed within 300 seconds of posting. After refreshing the page and clicking then clicking the post instead of refreshing because refresh was reloading my previous reply to edit, the your signature is now appearing in italics below your post. Here is a new screenshot:

I am now unable to post a screenshot. The previously posted screenshot and the new one are both on my desktop as JPG, both under 200kb, but when I try to add the new one or any other pic as a test by clicking the image icon above the text field window, then selecting the file I want to post, then clicking OPEN in the file explorer window the Open window flashes, the file I selected is no longer in the File Name field and doing the same rinses and repeats; can't post a pic now. Is there a minimum time required between posting files to the site? I am using the latest Microsoft Edge browser, Chromium based, with latest Windows 10 20H2 updates, not in insider program.

Edit: Immediately after posting the above my previous post popped up in the editing post looking window with Discard and Submit options. Is this normal? I have noticed that even after going to a new forum post and hitting Refresh that sometimes previous posts I made appear in the edit post window at the bottom of the screen.

• Plan3tCrackr
    Original poster 46 posts

@ubi-woofer Ok, I just tried something. Double clicking the file I want to attach seems to work, but clicking Open at the bottom of the attachment window does not. I know it was just moments ago when I attached the first screenshot but I unfortunately don't remember if I double-clicked or pressed OPEN to attach that pic. Scratch that, double-clicking worked, I cancelled the post because I was not replying directly to your post but the main thread, now double-clicking the image file stopped working and clicking OPEN button attached the pic. I am unsure if this is a Windows, Edge browser or forum problem but hope this unintentional attachment posting problem will be of additional help!

Here is your previous post with your signature now appearing in italics:

undefined

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1334 posts

I must admit I do not see your signature, though I do see my own on my initial post above! I'll share your screenshots with the forum development team and see if they can make any sense of it 🙂 I will keep you updated as to whether an issue is found, and subsequently fixed!

I don't believe there is any limitation to posting images in close succession however there is a time limit of 30 seconds between posts, so if you were trying to immediately post again it is likely related to that. I'd recommend hosting images externally on a site like Imgur and pasting links into your posts so that we can access them that way, as that also makes them easier to share if needed. In terms of the upload window, it sounds very strange that you could initially add an image via double-clicking and then not, and then the "open" command after not being able to prior - if this happens again can you confirm the file type and size you're trying to insert, as well as the browser and device type please? (ie. desktop, laptop, mobile)

Regarding your post appearing in an editing state after refreshing - I think I've encountered this before, but I think it is done on purpose to make sure that if you didn't yet post, you have a back-up. Discarding it at that point should make it disappear - let me know if that's the case for you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics