Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• evilhippo
    Original poster 79 posts

When the Norse village blacksmith goes AWOL to woo Brigid, a sub-Saharan African woman appears as his interim replacement. Is there some lore I missed out on that explains where she came from & how she ended up in England in this era? A sub-Saharan African appearing in a Vikingr village in Dark Ages England is sufficiently bizarre that there must be some story snippet that explains this. I get why there is an Arab like Basim (after all, Ahmad ibn Fadlan wrote of the Volga Vikings) and a Bjarmalander like Ljufvina (Norwegians were in contact from at least late 800s AD). But a sub-Saharan African is so bizarre & seemingly incongruous that there must be some explanation somewhere.

North African was visited (traded and raided) by Vikings but it was inhabited by Berbers, Greeks and Visgoths in this era, and the interim blacksmith (whose name eludes me) is clearly sub-Saharan. There has to be an explanation somewhere than I missed!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@evilhippo It's Ubisoft, they won't explain it and will hand wave things like this in games "because". Personally, it's not a huge issue to me, it's a bit strange, but she's not there long anyway so it doesn't matter to me in the long run.

• ThordekHU
    9 posts

@fylkirpanzer modern trends inexistent 50 years ago are enforced and pretended to be existed in the Dark Ages Era... woeful and supid

• Killgore1981
    21 posts

@evilhippo We know why. It's Ubisoft. The answer is diversity. Can't have a game be too white afterall.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics