Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• QuietBeat
    Original poster 5 posts

This is my second and last feedback for v1.0.4. With the on-going issues I can’t be bothered to continue to report every bug this game has.

System Specs:
    ·        ASUS MAXIMUM ROG X Hero Motherboard with WiFi - Z370 chipset Dual GPU support
    ·        Intel Core i7 8700K LGA 1151 8th gen 6 core 3.7 GHz
    ·        16 GB Fury Hyper X DDR4 2400
    ·        Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080
    ·        ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q

Game Settings:
    Settings are on Ultra High

Major Disappointments
    ·        It’s incredibly disappointing and utter sad to see this game without such wonderful fancies. This game looks bleak, dreary and 2 dimensional by comparison!
    ·        The AI is still incredibly weak with lots of guards, NPC, and animals not behaving in normal ways.

Major issues with 1.0.4
    ·        NPCs both friendly and not, will be statues (motionless) until I get “close enough” to them.
    ·        When I hold the left mouse to attack, too often my avatar will swing but completely miss hitting the target, which is in range, but all subsequent attempts will land a hit. The missed swing passes thru the guard.
    ·        Guards are still not working properly…coming close to me but not attacking, generally if I’m at a distance. They don’t react properly (dodge/hide) when I point a boy/arrow at them, they just stand still. They also fail to call for help or consistently react to a whistle.
    o  Concerning whistling, I’d be happy if different types of guards reacted differently, say the grunts always look while the higher ups are more suspicious and careful.
    ·        Performing a Confirm Kill is messed up because instead of showing an animation of a knife being driven into the heart, it now has a slo-mo animation of giving the guy a shave or some stupid [censored]!

Issues
    ·        When riding a mount, they always pull to the right when I just press the W key. This is very obvious on a straight road or the Bifröst.
    ·        When diving into water, the sound of hitting the water is delayed from actually hitting the water.
    ·        There’s noticeable screen tearing when looking around the world from my avatar’s perspective or the raven. I've played with the Vsync settings and the "best" I can do is set the setting to Adaptive.
    ·        During most cut-scenes when the animation has sound, the sound is almost always out-of-sync with the animation, i.e., drawing a blade, slamming a tankard on the table, etc.
    ·        The water animation is awful! The waves are totally unnatural especially when sailing and looking at the front and rear of the boat. Diving into water does not create appropriate splash of water.
    ·        Killing a Heron or snake will most likely cause the animal to not ‘die’ properly meaning the will either float (Heron) or have their heads sticking straight up (snake)
    ·        Cinematic view is a poor copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 and I never use it.
    ·        When starting the game, the ‘Checking for add-ons’ page take a long time to check.
    ·        When a Heavy Guarded area has been cleared, for once in all the AC games, I wish you’d change the status to Cleared or something, stop saying it’s restricted, and stop having my avatar tell me how dangerous it is!

·        The AI is very poorly implemented:
    o  I've seen 8 guards on their way to re-populate a village I recently raided, ignore me until I killed all but 2 of them. And even then they didn't attack until I engaged them.
    o  I've seen Zealots get "stuck" trying to navigate simple villages in the swamps; often they will engage in someone else even when I'm standing near/in front of them.
    o  When I attack a guard and he calls for help, rarely will another guard respond.
    o  If I kill an NPC and a nearby NPC sees and flees, they should alert the nearby guards.
    o  The animation for small animals like Rabbits is messed up…if they spot me, they will most likely run away then come back towards me, pause and repeat. I’ve seen all sorts of animals run in circles, get “stuck” in shallow water, etc.
    o  Wolves are especially messed up as they will attack but once I attack, they circle and fail to attack/retreat. They don’t behave lack a pack at all!
    o  Most of the guards are still not responsive when whistling.
    o  Guards
    § The guards have a very limited patrol route, if at all, as they rarely leave where I find them. Like previous AC games, guards that face outward will never turn around, move or anything else.
    § I’m still seeing guard that will move towards me then stop. Personally, I’d flee (or call for help) from anyone running towards me with a sword.
    § I was hanging on a ledge with 2 guards nearby. I killed on and the other wouldn’t attack me, just hung out nearby…not saying a word.
    ·        If I open the map, zoom out then back in, the map doesn’t center on where I was before I zoomed out.
    ·        NPCs that offer to reveal secrets will now constantly show the question mark icon after talking to them; and if I talk to them they’re tell me they have nothing new.
    ·        I used a flammable jar in St. Albanes Abbey and after the explosion, the jar is still there but it’s invisible.
    ·        When carrying a torch and trying to aim, it takes a few seconds for the game to allow me to adjust my aim properly. Once done, the torch will almost never land where I’m aiming.

Feedback/Enhancements
    ·        Add the option to switch between my bows using a shortcut key.
    ·        There have been numerous times when I want to capture and report an issue but to my knowledge I can't do that in-game. To me, this is the best time to capture information like my PC specs, game settings, etc.so I recommend adding a Report Issue feature that allows the user to capture, photos, videos, add notes, and capture PC/game information.
    ·        When looking at the Rune selection page for a weapon, provide the option to only show unsocketed runes.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics