ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Wesker_HCF
    Original poster 11 posts

Hopefully very soon. Thank you. 😁

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sam_Boo26
    175 posts

They will probably add it in the next few months, like they did with Odyssey and Origins.

• Maledicus
    63 posts

Good idea, would be very welcome!

Best regards.

• Wesker_HCF
    Original poster 11 posts

@sam_boo26 I hope sooner than that, they will for sure, add it, what I hope is sooner than that. Or the game will be dead already. It should have been already it actually, since they know already how much we like the new game plus. It's given now.

• KmarkoPL
    389 posts

Never understand the mentality behind New Game+
    I play game once and done.

New game+ is game with cheats, there is no progression, you already know eveything, all places and so on, what is the point.

And don't come with that crap replayability !

You want New Game+ now , get your self trainer cause that what it is New Game+

• HiggyBop
    1 posts

So here it is, almost February 2021, has anyone heard if Ubisoft is going to add New Game+ like they have with the rest of their games. I'm looking forward to the new DLCs, but they are still a couple months down the road.

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

@kmarkopl

Where can I get a trainer for PS5?

You can't. Yeah we all know you can easily use cheats and mod the hell out of PC games. This isn't the case for every other system the game is on.

You do know there are people who play games with cheats too right? Just because you play a game one way doesn't mean others do aswell.

Can you tell me what's the point of playing a game to the very end, unlocking the best gear when you 100% the game just to have nothing to use it on? People want to use what they've spent countless hours to unlock on the game.

Also how is there no progression in new game plus? You literally have an entire game to play.

Last but not least in regards to your "crap replayability" comment...... What...? Whaaaat? This has to be the most naïve comment I've read in a long time.

Are you new to video games?

If yes, then let me explain you a thing.

Most games have unlockables that you acquire when you beat the game that you use in new playthroughs.

Having new items to use in the game or using items that you got at the very end of the game gives people a reason to play the game again.

Is this something for everyone? No

Because you don't want a New Game + everyone else shouldn't have one? No

You think your objective reality is all that matters in the entire world? No, It means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Let people enjoy things how they want to enjoy things.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, seeing as how this post was written two months ago then chances are you beat the game and have left until a new Assassin's Creed game comes out so this reply is/was moot.

• Haggy51
    46 posts

YouTuber & big Assassin's Creed fan JorRaptor asked about New Game Plus to one of the UbiSoft folks he is in communication with and received a response that does not bode well for seeing this feature soon. He was told "why would you want a new game plus for AC Valhalla?"

Personally I want this feature because I really enjoyed this in the last 2 AC games, and, as noted, you get all this really good gear at the end of the game, and you want to use it. That said, considering how the game is structured (basically a linear progression game uncomfortably shoe-horned into an open-world game) I have a hard time figuring how that would work. I had the same feeling about Ghost of Tsushima, but they were able to work that out, so I'm sure the brilliant minds at UbiSoft can do it--they just need to know how much we want it.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

What would be the point of NG+ in valhalla?

• in your 1st play though the skill tree is already maxed out, so in NG+ you would gain nothing
    • more lvls in mastery system doesnt do much either, so that cant be a reason to do NG+
    • Your settlement is already lvl6, so doing raids in NG+ serves no purpose
    • there are almost no world changing choises in conversation you could make, so again whats the point
    • weapons are already mythical, do you really wanna do all the puzzles of unlocking them again?
    • do you really want to do all the cairns, stones and other crap again?

Other games have cool new stuff they bring into fray with NG+ this wasnt the case with Odyssey, and seeing how valhalla is such a downgraded from odyssey, i doubt they will offer cool stuff either.

• Sociopathe
    2 posts

@asgardian02

• You don't play a NG+ game to gain something, just to enjoy the story again with the equipment and skills you have unlock in your first playthrough, or making different conversation choices
    • You don't play a NG+ game to gain more level, but you could have more mastery like in AC: Odyssey to have an even more unbeatable character
    • NG+ could carry over skills and equipment, but not settlement upgrades. And even if NG+ was carrying over the settlement level, you could just redo the raid for the pleasure of burning churches and monk.
    • there are choices in the conversation that change the fate of a certain character, so redoing the story is a good thing if you haven't made the right choices in your first playthrough
    • NG+ should carry over your equipment, so you could do the puzzle just for the pleasure of it
    • because the carins, stones and other craps are available again doesn't mean you have to do them if you don't want too, you can just focus on the story mission.

For my case, i did make the wrong choices in conversation during my first playthrough, and i haven't the time nor will to redo an entire game session. Plus, the only good-looking armor (imo) is only available at the end of the game, and i would really like to redo the entire game wearing it during all the cutscene. Also would enjoy to replay the game using the other gender, or with another romance option (i know you can change your gender or romance whenever you want, but it is not "RP-constistent" enough to me).

Even the "out of the animus" character changes at the end of the game, making some side activities conversations different (the glitches). And i suppose it would also change thing with the dlc if you do them before or after having finish the main story (i haven't play any of the DLC because i'm still waiting for the new game plus, so i don't know if it is possible to do them before finishing the main game).

• ADarklore
    194 posts
    YouTuber & big Assassin's Creed fan JorRaptor asked about New Game Plus to one of the UbiSoft folks he is in communication with and received a response that does not bode well for seeing this feature soon. He was told "why would you want a new game plus for AC Valhalla?"

Personally I want this feature because I really enjoyed this in the last 2 AC games, and, as noted, you get all this really good gear at the end of the game, and you want to use it. That said, considering how the game is structured (basically a linear progression game uncomfortably shoe-horned into an open-world game) I have a hard time figuring how that would work. I had the same feeling about Ghost of Tsushima, but they were able to work that out, so I'm sure the brilliant minds at UbiSoft can do it--they just need to know how much we want it.

That's not quite right. He said, "We're not sure how we would implement NG+ to make it meaningful and interesting." IMO, this is something they should have considered from the very first discussion of the game- because NG+ is expected and therefore the devs should have had a game plan on how to implement it. Also, he said, "If it is added, it probably won't come until towards the very end of the game." With something else being said about wanting to make sure players can access all content- but why wouldn't they even with NG+?!?

• ADarklore
    194 posts
    What would be the point of NG+ in valhalla?

• in your 1st play though the skill tree is already maxed out, so in NG+ you would gain nothing
    • more lvls in mastery system doesnt do much either, so that cant be a reason to do NG+
    • Your settlement is already lvl6, so doing raids in NG+ serves no purpose
    • there are almost no world changing choises in conversation you could make, so again whats the point
    • weapons are already mythical, do you really wanna do all the puzzles of unlocking them again?
    • do you really want to do all the cairns, stones and other crap again?

Other games have cool new stuff they bring into fray with NG+ this wasnt the case with Odyssey, and seeing how valhalla is such a downgraded from odyssey, i doubt they will offer cool stuff either.

Just because YOU don't like to replay a game with NG+ doesn't mean everyone is like you, so stop assuming people play for the same reasons. I've played Odyssey over with NG+ FOUR times, I'm now playing my fifth!! I love the open world, I love discovering the areas all over again, I love being able to make my character an unbeatable super hero (and yes I even play on easy mode) with additional skill points. At least in Odyssey, you can replay different outcomes, slightly in Valhalla but not the same degree.

However, addressing your points...

• First two... regardless of how much the mastery system impacts, the fact you can continuously add points negates your first point of 'gain nothing'
    • Raids serves as... wait for it... FUN. Perhaps you don't play games for fun, but I do, and I find monastery raids to be FUN.
    • Again, you CAN make different choices in Valhalla that impact your relationship with Sigurd, so to say there are 'no' world changing choices would be false
    • Weapons... perhaps that's one of the reasons I want NG+... so that I can actually PLAY with them during a playthrough, considering that many of them, in particular Gungnir, you can only get at the end of the MSQ!! So many of the best weapons are tied to progression, and it would be nice to have those weapons from the START of the game to actually have time to enjoy them. Now, I'm not sure what other 'puzzles' you're talking about to gain mythical weapons but I definitely enjoy the exploring the caves to acquire the tablets for Excalibur.
    • WHO says you have to do all those over again? I barely even touch the cairns now, and I have yet to complete an "Animus Anomaly" because I could care less about them or the 'modern day' stuff. I don't mind the Fly Agaric or Standing Stones- I keep my iPad handy to look them up on Youtube!! 😝

My point being... don't think that everyone plays a game for the same reason, which seems to be your assumption. I play the game for exploration and the historical period, and fun combat... and I don't mind repetition as seen in the fact I've played Odyssey now on my FIFTH NG+ playthrough. I don't have to do 'every single thing' in a NG+ playthrough either, I just like playing the game. Odyssey was my first AC game, afterward I played Origins and hated it, and Valhalla I have a love/hate relationship with... but the only thing that drew me to the AC game series (Odyssey) in the first place was its historical setting, and I loved it. Valhalla being about vikings is what drew me to this game, only to learn that it's actually a "viking fantasy" game that is not based on FACTUAL history, this was stated directly from the devs. They put together several pieces of history from several time periods in England's history, but also mixed in myth and a lot of made up things, which part of my 'hate' for the game, the historical inaccuracies. While they took liberty with Odyssey in a few areas, it was mostly due to it being a game and they needed to make it work as a game. However, with Valhalla, they directly chose to deviate from factual history to make the game 'exciting' without regard to any historical accuracy. 👎

• Actroids
    6 posts

@kmarkopl then u'll nvr understand what is +new game is..!!
    Thats not a cheat mr-know-it-all..
    +new game is not a cheat

• Actroids
    6 posts

@sociopathe if u dont like the +new game, then stop right here..!!
    I love +new game its my way of gaming life so this does mean i have to follow ur gaming style? Of course not..
    So let ppls enjoy their way of gaming..
    I & my 10 friends had an agreement to send a suggest to ask ubisoft to make +new game on ac valhalla just as they did to ac origins & ac odyssey..
    Despite i platinum trophies(psn account) on both ac origins & ac odyssey, i still keep played aco & acod over & over again in +new game..
    Sounds boring to u but not to some ppls..
    Our way of gaming life is diff

• Sociopathe
    2 posts

@actroids i think you misunderstood my post, because i'm actually one of the people who want a new game +.

• Simplethumb
    136 posts

@sociopathe

The main reason I like NG+ is to have the skills and armour at the start (or near to) of the game, to not have to grind out for that stuff (having an ability I like straight away instead of 40 hours into the game), so I can just focus on the story and having fun.

Suggested Topics