Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@fruitloops3000
    As far as I know the main reason for "no shield" in Odyssey were related to lessons learned from Origins. If they implement shields, people go into "turtle mode", since they wanted to push for a more agressive playstyle in Odyssey, and less defensive than Origins, they removed the shields. This is the first time that I hear that the presence of the spear was the main reason.

Where does the "swords were to expensive" explanation come from? If this is the official statement I agree - that's seems silly considering how many other npC's use swords.

• BARRYSCOTT275
    39 posts

@aloninor not sure it's official but it's the one floating round for the time being and yeah origins forced defense play as you had to have the shield. With odessey they did want to make it more aggressive and the spear is the off hand and all times weapons so it just worked out in their favour I guess

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    @fruitloops3000
    As far as I know the main reason for "no shield" in Odyssey were related to lessons learned from Origins. If they implement shields, people go into "turtle mode", since they wanted to push for a more agressive playstyle in Odyssey, and less defensive than Origins, they removed the shields. This is the first time that I hear that the presence of the spear was the main reason.

Where does the "swords were to expensive" explanation come from? If this is the official statement I agree - that's seems silly considering how many other npC's use swords.

The 'too expensive' argument is what some people are saying on reddit, here, twitter. Its an absurd argument.

• BARRYSCOTT275
    39 posts

@fruitloops3000 I'd like to get the real reason for no one handed swords from Ubisoft just to see why they did it

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@fruitloops3000 even if swords were expensive in this time periode, nearly every NPC used an one-handed sword. historical correct or not, it breaks the immersion that anybody can use a onehanded sword except yourself. So in my opinion thats no argument that would work. And through the finisher I have the feeling that I have killed more people with their own swords as with my own weapons. 

• BARRYSCOTT275
    39 posts

@fgx1988 it's is immersion breaking as you say and just a stupid move to remove a staple weapon in any Armoury from the player altogether

• J62887
    1 posts

Are there any one handed swords in AC?

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    @fruitloops3000 even if swords were expensive in this time periode, nearly every NPC used an one-handed sword. historical correct or not, it breaks the immersion that anybody can use a onehanded sword except yourself. So in my opinion thats no argument that would work. And through the finisher I have the feeling that I have killed more people with their own swords as with my own weapons. 

Yeah. I agree. That's my point lol. Its stupid

• SoulBrotherNr3
    17 posts

slightly off topic: I hope the irony doesn't escape anyone on the fact that we can equip a shield an spear like a spartan in this one..
    but no one handed swords. I really wonder how their meetings go 🤷

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    slightly off topic: I hope the irony doesn't escape anyone on the fact that we can equip a shield an spear like a spartan in this one..
    but no one handed swords. I really wonder how their meetings go 🤷

I know right! I thought that lol. I imagine the meeting goes like this;

Game director: so guys what can we do better this time round?

Goes quiet...

Developer #4: we could have shields again. But this time use them in both 🙌.

Game director: LOVE IT! Anything else?

Developer #7: Maybe remove swords? This way it saves us making new animations.

Game Director: [censored] genius! And maybe release them as Possible DLC. That will please the old share holders. Muhahaha!

• Gorgonselma
    25 posts

I think its a marketing thing (of unhealthy devious Ubitype). They will bring swords some time in the future with a big hype. With some other fundamental stuff, like playable PC sound.

• Zeb.Carter
    2 posts

When you go back to heillboer where the opening part of the game happend, you can still see the sword stuck in the windowframe.
    Thing is you can take it 😊

• Max.Mumford96
    22 posts

I've also started a post about this. If enough people make noise or complaints about it, hopefully they'll patch it in. It's nonsense not having a proper one handed viking sword in the game

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@j62887 no, there are already many posts to this topic
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76734/one-handed-swords

• SoulBrotherNr3
    17 posts

@max-mumford96 luckily every social media platform has many posts addressing this . so let's keep our axes crossed..

• BARRYSCOTT275
    39 posts

@soulbrothernr3 hopefully they will realise oh people like swords and hopefully the models are better than some of them in odessey

• BARRYSCOTT275
    39 posts

How long do we think if they decide to fix this it'll take?

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    When you go back to heillboer where the opening part of the game happend, you can still see the sword stuck in the windowframe.
    Thing is you can take it 😊

I somehow dought that. Can you supply evidence of this?

• SoulBrotherNr3
    17 posts

@fruitloops3000 i've been there and have a screenshot because i thought it was so ironic.
    there is no option to pick it up . just an interaction where he talks for a bit.

undefined

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    @fruitloops3000 i've been there and have a screenshot because i thought it was so ironic.
    there is no option to pick it up . just an interaction where he talks for a bit.

undefined

Great shot. So that guy was lying like I thought. You can't pick it up what a shocker. You should meme that pic.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics