ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Dragonsnuts
    16 posts

@solonlost They're represented.... very very badly.

• Dragonsnuts
    16 posts

@fylkirpanzer They smacked +VULFBERT+ onto the final skin of the Carolingian long sword. That pretty much killed any hope I had of them doing anything positive with ulfbert swords.

• aldrichm8
    23 posts

I HOPE its a PL content, they mentioned NEW WEAPONS in the Post launch trailer so yeah.. fingers crossed.

• Max18400
    411 posts

I'm going to start by saying I really love the game. I can even overlook the bugs that I assume will be patched soonish. But why not include one of the most popular, well known and significant weapons in the assassin creed series. Especially in a viking game. No Ulfberhts, no Merovingian swords, no Abingdon swords. They were symbols of power, prestige and war in the viking age. Not including them is a huugge mistake and something of a blight on the game. It is immersion breaking, it's not allowing many players to not play the name in their own style. Especially with shows such as Vikings and the Last Kingdom reiterating the use and significance of swords to a viking age warrior.
    It baffles there has been no response to this or pledge to fix it. Game reviewers have noticed and have mentioned the lack of swords, fans have voiced their disappointment as well as history nerds (such as myself) saying that there really is no leg to stand on in regards to not including them, but instead massive, bigger than Eivor, longswords.
    Leading on from this, in the future, can their be more realistic armour and gear in Assassin creed valhalla. Minus a few exceptions, Odyssey's gear looked at least plausible, whereas over half of Vahalla'a gear looks like it belongs in World of Warcraft, not a game about history.

Please do something to fix this very easily fixable things to make a good game great.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

1 handed swords and period correct armors? HECK YEA!! +1

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@max18400
    agree on the armor but downgrade because it’s another 1 handed sword post

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

Okay guys enough fun and games, tell everyone what update will have Ulfberht swords. Everyone that bought this game expected that you would have at least one in the game. It's an iconic weapon that people wanted to use with their shields. My idea is that the legendary Polar Bear in Norway that actually has the Ulfberht sword sticking out of his neck should be the reward for the kill. In fact you use the sword to decapitate the bear, once your back on the ground the sword is in your hand then magically disappears, why? Just let players have the Ulfberht sword after they kill the bear because it was a tough challenge and that plays into the rarity factor since not many Viking warriors could afford the swords.

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

Okay guys enough fun and games, tell everyone what update will have Ulfberht swords. Everyone that bought this game expected that you would have at least one in the game. It's an iconic weapon that people wanted to use with their shields. My idea is that the legendary Polar Bear in Norway that actually has the Ulfberht sword sticking out of his neck should be the reward for the kill. In fact you use the sword to decapitate the bear, once your back on the ground the sword is in your hand then magically disappears, why? Just let players have the Ulfberht sword after they kill the bear because it was a tough challenge and that plays into the rarity factor since not many Viking warriors could afford the swords.

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@kingtut247365
    not everyone expected there to be 1 handed swords.

• FGx1988
    102 posts

@detroitin2019 the only kind of person who not expect one-handed swords in a viking game, will probably not expect cheese on a pizza... and based on the number of posts regarding the one-handed sword topic, most players would have expected to be able to use one-handed swords. It's totally illogical that you're the only person in the world who can't fight with an one-handed sword when almost every NPC in the game is using it all the time and you literally kill hundreds of enemies with their own one-handed swords during the finisher moves.

• SeanC.87
    20 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Falconswift
    24 posts

I really enjoy the choice of weapons in this game, especially with the duel hands function. Despite being disappointed that one handed swords are not in the game, I have grown to like the long sword.

I think it would be awesome if Uhtred’s sword from The Last Kingdom could be added. It is a long sword and looks unique. The amber on the handle would look cool on Eivor’s back!

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

@detroitin2019 I repeat everyone expected there to be one handed swords.

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@kingtut247365
    repeating it doesn’t make true. A lot of people, sure. Most, ok. Everyone, nope. Cheese on pizza, bleh.

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

@detroitin2019 I repeat everyone expected there to be one handed swords.

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@kingtut247365
    not expecting swords, I personally disprove your statement.

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

@detroitin2019 You obviously just want to be contrary so I disregard your statements but hey there's always one a game. So I repeat and will continue to do so, everyone expected there to be one handed swords.

• GroovyBubbles27
    3 posts

Can we please have some more realistic “Viking style” looking skins for gear or gear sets it would feel much more immersive if the gear actually looked like Viking gear. Like furs and Armor that Sigard and other Norse characters wear seem even much more authentic. Examples from history channels “Vikings” or what not just a variation of clothing/gear options that aren’t so extravagantly fictional, or such obvious nods to assassin creed robes, just some more real Viking style armor and cosmetics. Some more immersive gear would be very appreciated.

Suggested Topics