Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • detroitin2019
    99 posts

@kingtut247365
    why is it obvious I want to be contrary? Because I don’t fall into the everyone category nor feel like you do?
    I simply didn’t expect swords. I had no expectations for weapons but an ax. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a true statement that contradicts yours.

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

@detroitin2019 Then you're a simpleton or you never played an Assassin's Creed/ any melee game ever lol

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@kingtut247365
    Now I’m a simpleton. Someone has an expectation different than yours and they’re a simpleton. got it. I’ve played all AC and been gaming for 45 years. I simply didn’t care what weapons were in the game so I had no expectations but an ax and that came from a promotional picture I saw.

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

@detroitin2019 Glad we're on the same page haha. But seriously everyone except new players to Assassin's Creed/ melee games expected one handed swords and just to top it off, check the trailer video when Eivor is fighting the big guy. Does he NOT pick up an Ulfberht sword, hold it in his left hand, and then attack NOT throw but melee attack with it? So I repeat again just for you buddy, everyone except new players to Assassin's Creed/ melee games in general and people that didn't watch the game trailer EXPECTED ONE HANDED SWORDS!

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@kingtut247365
    I didn’t watch the gameplay trailer and not disputing a video or where yours or anyone else’s expectations came from. The weapons that were or weren’t in the game just weren’t important to me thus no expectations. With all games I have expectations, they just vary. In Odyssey I expected to use a shield.

• BrabadoMeishi
    1 posts

@nol0072 yes that's right must add.

• John_Wick117
    6 posts

No Ulfberht sort of made me go ehh yes vikings on raids used axes a lot but house carls and such had swords and such same as the jarls.
    The armor also why does it all have to be so gold plated shiny could have made it with the leather look and fur helmet sure made sense most of them are metal just would have liked to have seen more detailed leather branding and design on those.

• Geralt.Rivia
    1 posts

Greetings,

I have been playing AC Valhalla for several hours and haven't found any 1-handed sword yet.

Since the announcement of the game, I wished to play with sword+shield, and I'm feeling very frustrated...

There is no 1H swords in the game ?
    If that is the case, i beg you to add them in a future patch...I bought the 100€ edition and I'm feeling dissappointed because of that.

The game is awesome, but can't enjoy completely without the option of using a normal sword.

Thank you.

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

@odinswulves I 100% agree I would pay for Ulfberht in dlc even though we shouldn't have to but I wont fully be immersed until we can all have them in game.

• Fractal009
    63 posts

That describes Ubi ..

• Max18400
    400 posts

Literally makes me so angry they're not in the game... Annoys me that ubisoft haven't even given an excuse as to why they're not in the game

• Aloninor
    94 posts

I think a lot of you have to come down a bit... no reason in treating this like it is the biggest issue in 2020, in gaming history even in AC history.... it is a type of weapon you are missing, no reason to get angry, [censored], super annoyed or deeply disappointed in Ubisoft.

Also, we can't demand justification for every choice in the game. This is a choice they made, just like they choose to give the settlement 6 levels instead of any other number, or they chose to have X order of the ancient members instead of Y.

Unpopular opinion, but get over it...

Luckily there is no down vote button on this forum : D

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

If you kill the Bear of the Blue Water you can hold a one handed sword for about 2 seconds then disappears. This is not meant to troll but to show a glimpse of hope that they will be added later
    undefined

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

Here's another angle of the sword that's in the king bears neck.undefined

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

If you kill the Bear of the Blue Water you can hold a one handed sword for about 2 seconds then disappears. This is not meant to troll but to show a glimpse of hope that they will be added later
    undefined

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts

Here's another angle of the sword that's in the king bears neck.
    undefined

• Kingtut247365
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Lafrendgio
    30 posts

@kingtut247365 goddamn that looks perfect. It's also often used as finishers for enemies wielding it. It's just so strange that we can't wield it ourselves.

• Max18400
    400 posts

@aloninor you are absolutely right, it's not game breaking, and ultimately it is still a good game. But it just seems like such a simple thing to not have in the game. It's almost like having a samurai game with no katanas (a warrior elite without their signature weapon) . Because the time period means so much to me, it's like an itch I can't scratch 😂 but ultimately you are right. But as ubisoft usually do try to fix small issues like this, it is worth bringing it up

• SOF.Mcdonald.A
    4 posts

I know right .... I hope they add as dlc or just update the game to add it I personally know there are Viking followers that are very Disappointed with this issue of no "Viking Swords" heck they even had a Viking Sword on the tv show Deadliest Warrior lmfao...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics