Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Max18400
    408 posts

@detroitin2019 it is an issue many players have. Not all granted but most. For an assassin's creed game, as well as a viking game to not have a one handed sword is ridiculous. I'm just glad ubisoft have responded and are hopefully going to add them either in the next big update or in the dlc

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

In all the recent AC games there has been this one obvious thing that was lacking. In Odyssey it was shields. Now in Valhalla it's 1-handed swords (and 2-handed warhammers, I'd say).

• Max18400
    408 posts

@daelosthecat definitely. Although in Oddysey they at least had a reason to not have a shield (whether you think that reason is acceptable is based off opinion). With Vahalla, there's no excuse at all to not have these weapons and more realistic armor skins. It limits player choice, especially when a one handed sword (least among my group of friends) was the most popular weapon used.

• FGx1988
    101 posts

I think that the amount of unrealistic weapon and gear sets is too high. There is a very limited amount of sets in the base game, around 10, and even some of those sets are not looking realistic/immersive. Additional most of the normal-/good-looking sets looks at some point not immersive anymore after you upgrade those to the 3rd stage because they are to colorful and shiny with too much gold in it.

You have almost no way to mix the sets, even if we had a transmog system, the most of the gear parts would not match regarding color and metal parts. Many armors have golden-shiny metal parts which looks really ridiculous and not very immersive because you wear more gold as every king or leader in the game. The same problem you have with the weapons. When you upgrade them the most of them look really ugly and contain too much gold. 

I would really appreciate it, if ubisoft would add a transmog system where the players is able to individualize the color of fabric- and metal-parts of the armor. That would make it possible to use many more combinations of the different gear-parts and some of them would look a little bit less goofy. 

• Max18400
    408 posts

@fgx1988 absolutely right. The only armors where you can mix are potentially the raven clan some the ubistore ones. It's not great. Plus, still cringing at the lack of one handed swords

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@max18400 correct. But even in the store are just a few armors that would match with others without color/metal adjustments. Most of the armors are to much "fantasy"-based armors for example "lava-knight armor", draugr or valkyrja. It is okay for me that ubisoft sells some of those in the shop, because some people may like them, but you have also some of those fantasy armors in the base game like thors-armor (and he did not even wear it in Asgard, the armor he wears there is far more common and realistic). And after just a month after release, the ratio between common/realistic armors and fantasy armors is out of hands. One of the more realistic ones in the shop is the einherjar armor, and this is because of fabric color and the gold not combinable with most of the gear in the base game.

• Max18400
    408 posts

I agree with you. However, I'm currently wearing the raven clan armour and Cape with the einihare 'gloves' and boots. It looks pretty cool actually and not overly fantasy.

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@max18400 sounds good, lets hope Ubi will add some of the ideas within the next updates. There are many Thread regarding lack of armor diversification in general and unrealistic looking armors. And about the one-handed swords... well I think we don't need to talk about that anymore, there were already topics about this even before the game was released

• Max18400
    408 posts

@fgx1988 definitely haha enough has been said. Ubisoft have acknowledged both issues now on other threads so hopefully they'll be added with the next update (which is apparently massive, new features, skills and weapons etc).

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@max18400 when they will address these topics I think it will upgrade the game by a lot. After that all they have to do is make the weapons not grow anymore when you take them in your hands.

• Max18400
    408 posts

@fgx1988 definitely, the game atm us good, but when the bugs are patched (I have feeling this is their priority atm) avd add those features, the game will go from good to great

• Quor321
    232 posts

I can understand the one handed swords threads. It would be cool to have regardless of any historical significance.

As far as the rest, my inventory is full of all kinds of stuff. Plenty of weapons and armor to choose from. They are just well earned and don't drop off of everything thing you smash and kill.

• Max18400
    408 posts

@Quor321 yeah there are a few to choose from. That said, majority of them look like fantasy or viking fantasy armor, not historically looking armor. The closest sets are the carolingian and einihare (I can't spell it... Ngl) sets. The raven clan and brigadine looks good, but fits into the fantasy viking stuff. Usually, assassin's creed gets a really good balence between fantasy and history. Oddysey, for example, if we look away from the shear volumn of stuff, had a nice mix of clearly Greek fantasy armor and historically accurate armor, such as the bronze cuiresses and linthorax armour etc. Vahalla seems to just almost completely ignore the history stuff in the armour and weapon appearances with a few exceptions.

• BARRYSCOTT275
    41 posts

Any updates? @UbiKobold

• FFaFFaNN
    7 posts

You know what is funny?in odyssey we don't have shields, ok?but guess what?here we have spartan shield and spartan bow :))) i like to think that ubi montreal is in contradiction with ubi quebec :)))) they din't like each other :))))
    And ubi want to pay for one full pack 30 euros???they are really crazy!!!!2 full packs=entire game

• CyCzarn
    17 posts

@barryscott275 Also curious

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts

@UbiKobold Also wondering whats going on.

• Max18400
    408 posts

Likely won't say anything until the next update... Hopefully

• Ipos_Vine
    2 posts

I'm enjoying this game a lot, however what happened to the one handed Long Sword and why is it not in the game as a playable weapon? I do like the variety that you gave us, but leaving out one of the most iconic viking weapons and one of the most recognizable swords in history of arms was not a good idea. There is a bunch of Great Swords in game and those ones were not even available during the time frame that we are in in the game. They only appeared with the development of metallurgy in the later ages. Feel free to correct me as I'm not a historian. Long Swords, however, were the weapon of choice both for dueling or as a part of a formation.
    I guess from a point of a game play mechanics reskin of a one handed Axe could work with addition of some animations and finishers. Eventhough, Long Sword should be a faster and more agile weapon due to the center of mass on it. Bearded axe = more impact / damage; Long Sword = more speed / evasion / block. It's just a suggestion, I'm sure you are way more informed on history of melee weapons and how to transfer it to game play then me.
    I'm sure this topic was raised before as a lot of us would want it as a part of future updates.
    Thank you for the game again. I'm enjoying it very much. And for the love of Odin, give us a Long Sword!

• Max18400
    408 posts

It's been raised a lot, there's been a petition. Ubisoft haven't said why they didn't put them in the game for Eivor to use, but have issues a response saying its been passed onto the devs and that they well try to add them in soon

Suggested Topics