Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Max18400
    402 posts

@jcar4327 I posted this a whhhiillle ago now. I get when you're saying though. Ubisoft are aware of it and will hopefully sort it out

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@max18400 It's really hard to ignore such an amount of posts and threads regarding this topic. I mean there were already topics regarding the one-handed swords even before the game was released. Let's hope that Ubi will add them within the upcoming patches

• TexasToast712
    3 posts

@max18400 where was it acknowledged by Ubisoft? I'm interested to see what they said about one handed swords.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@texastoast712 one of the earlier posts about it. They said they appreciated players concerns and will pass on to the dev team to add them and more historically looking armor

• Ghost416
    4 posts

The thought process at Ubisoft completely baffles me.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@ghost416 yeah, it doesn't make sense. Although, in their defence, I do think they were pressured to release the game in time with the next gen consoles, thus rushed/over looked many basic features

• Jaretdesheret
    17 posts

@leoraptor1979 100% false.

• Ghost416
    4 posts
    @ghost416 yeah, it doesn't make sense. Although, in their defence, I do think they were pressured to release the game in time with the next gen consoles, thus rushed/over looked many basic features

It's like they learned nothing from Shieldgate.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@ghost416 thing is, they actually had an narrative and gameplay excuse for not having shields (whether you agree with it or not is largely up to you). Lack of swords... There is no excuse. They're a popular weapon throughout the series and make sense historically having them in the game. They also clearly coded them in to the game and for whatever reason, decided to cut them.

• Janiya1013
    28 posts

I'm playing on ps4.and the game is not letting me progress after completing the mission of blood and bonds chapter 5.leaving my gameplay stuck into that mission goes forward.but I've completed it already.would yu please fix this thank yu so much.

• LaMOi
    77 posts

whetes the official response

• ADarklore
    91 posts

It makes me wonder if this is why they added the skill that allows two-handed weapons to be dual wielded... solely for the lack of 'one-handed' swords. They said they wanted to limit the amount of loot in the game, so they came up with this solution. I doubt we'll see one-handed swords just as we never saw shields in Odyssey even after numerous complaints.

• nol0072
    2 posts

Please add one handed swords....
    please

• highzenberg_
    1 posts

Please add one handed swords and chainmail in a future update.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@highzenberg_ so many people have asked for it it now 😔
    Just an update for you, ubisoft have knowledged the lack of one handed swords and historically accurate armor and the issue is currently with the dev team.
    Just wish they'd have an update as people over twitter, facebook, YouTube, reddit and on the forum have been asking for one handed swords since before the game dropped.

• Ghost416
    4 posts

@max18400 I personally think that excuse made no sense (can't have a shield because the SoL takes up the left hand, but can still wield spears, hammers, axes, and staves with two hands?), but you're right that Valhalla doesn't even have something that flimsy.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@ghost416 exactly. Which is more annoying. Its not a great excuse, but least its something. A lack of swords I can't think of any justification for it

• Max18400
    402 posts

@adarklore we can still be optimistic. I've seen people complaining about this on almost every single platform. I was hoping they'd add them with the bug fest of the yule festival - but it's looking more likely we won't get proper swords until the free dlc in February

• Jakeypoo12345
    14 posts

@madness3v3 Yeah i was wondering this myself.. However tho i still love great swords, but it be nice to be able to carry a one handed sword too jst like the saxon soldiers. i also would like to see a two handed FLAIL

• Max18400
    402 posts

@jakeypoo12345 personally I wouldn't, but if you think they're cool why not. It comes down to why have them in the game, and then not allow players to use them

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics