Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• highzenberg_
    1 posts

Please add one handed swords and chainmail in a future update.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@highzenberg_ so many people have asked for it it now 😔
    Just an update for you, ubisoft have knowledged the lack of one handed swords and historically accurate armor and the issue is currently with the dev team.
    Just wish they'd have an update as people over twitter, facebook, YouTube, reddit and on the forum have been asking for one handed swords since before the game dropped.

• Ghost416
    4 posts

@max18400 I personally think that excuse made no sense (can't have a shield because the SoL takes up the left hand, but can still wield spears, hammers, axes, and staves with two hands?), but you're right that Valhalla doesn't even have something that flimsy.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@ghost416 exactly. Which is more annoying. Its not a great excuse, but least its something. A lack of swords I can't think of any justification for it

• Max18400
    402 posts

@adarklore we can still be optimistic. I've seen people complaining about this on almost every single platform. I was hoping they'd add them with the bug fest of the yule festival - but it's looking more likely we won't get proper swords until the free dlc in February

• Jakeypoo12345
    14 posts

@madness3v3 Yeah i was wondering this myself.. However tho i still love great swords, but it be nice to be able to carry a one handed sword too jst like the saxon soldiers. i also would like to see a two handed FLAIL

• Max18400
    402 posts

@jakeypoo12345 personally I wouldn't, but if you think they're cool why not. It comes down to why have them in the game, and then not allow players to use them

• luckbw
    1 posts

@nol0072 can't believe they don't have one handed swords. Viking Ulfberht swords at the very least should definitely be in the game.

• AlphaGoose46219
    157 posts

I will swap the hidden blade for a proper sword!

• Janiya1013
    28 posts

@ubikobold the quest of blood and bonds won't let me progress even after I completed it.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

have seen the preview of the new armor sets... now I lost all the last piece of hope that we will get a normal looking armor in the future ever again.I just can't imagine that anyone was liking that kind of armor, but they must make a ton of money with those ridiculous looking armors. Otherwise there is no reason why they release such an amount of those fantasy armors. I am really disappointed.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@fgx1988 me too. Its so disappointing

• III_Hammer_III
    21 posts

The armors, they will continue to churn fantasy-like armor for the cash store. The only hope is that they introduce transmog like they did in Odyssey (which I believe they did a while after the game was released) and we can transmog armor to look like lower level armor.

The one handed swords, that I don't get. They already are in the game, as NPCs wield them.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@iii_hammer_iii but in odyssey the game already came in with historical looking gear. The fantasy stuff was mostly optional.
    Swords i just hope they'll add them for players to use in the February dlc

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@max18400 i also want one handed sword, but im afraid if they put them, they are going to put them in the helix shop 😞 sadly they are making a lot of armours for the helix shop, there are more armours in helix shop then in game ones, sadly 😞

• Max18400
    402 posts

@karloz1995 we can hope they get them in, either in the dlc or soon. Unfortunately I don't see them adding it in for free

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

None of us were alive during that time period so none of us know 100% for sure who is right. Just because teachers claim something doesn't make it correct.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts
  • Max18400
    402 posts

@leoraptor1979 no. Certain things are certainly up for debate. Others are not. The archaeological record does not lie. The viking sagas paint a picture about what weapons were used and the studies into the metelurgy of dark age forging techniques do not lie. Certain facts are just that. Two handed long swords in the viking age are utter fantasy. Not to to mention, no warrior in their right mind would use slow heavy weapons. Even Dane axes and later war hammers are light enough to use very quickly- usually only needing two handed to manoeuvre correctly and decisively.

• Max18400
    402 posts

Scholars, historians and archaeologicalists dedicate their lives to studying their fields of study. Saying that they don't know stuff because they didn't live then is non-sencical... You can't dismiss facts because they suit your opinion

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics