Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xX-Blackout93-X
    5 posts

A Viking game without an Ulfberht sword is like a Samurai game without a Katana! Please bring back the one handed swords, there are so many of us who desperately want this!

WE WILL PAY FOR THEM!!!

• Yesin069
    553 posts

@xx-blackout93-x

This is the same as no shields in Odyssey. I doesn't make sense!

I remember a time where Ubisoft cared about their settings and that they are represented accurately. In AC1 they didn't put crossbows because they where historically inacurate (even if Altair had one in the Trailer).

Putting no one-handed-swords in Valhalla was just a stupid decision. Swords are the most standard weapon in any medieval game and Eivor even uses them for a splitsecond in takedowns.

Maybe the DLC will add one-handed-swords but i would like it more when they add two one-handers to the store in the settlement that you can pick up from the very start and maybe two more o locations where you find just useless stuff.

BUT i clearly will never pay money for them. I pay them no single cent in the Animus Store and hope nobody else would do!

• xX-Blackout93-X
    5 posts

@yesin069

It's too absurd to be an oversight, which means that some idiot who somehow attained decision making power over at Ubi, deliberately opted to not include them. Unbelievable.

If the whole point now is it to make more money through micro transactions, FINE. At least GIVE US WHAT WE WANT.

• karoll001
    1 posts

Ubisoft plans to add one-handed swords to the game? They are sorely lacking in relation to the times of the Viking invasions. It would also be nice if there were more weapons like the Fryd's ax in the game - the statistics can be raised and the weapon retains the appearance of the times presented in the game. For many people who are passionate about the Vikings' historical period, they also lack the usual chain mail and armor that looks like they were from that period.

• xX-Blackout93-X
    5 posts

Everyone who wants to dual wield in this game wants to do so with a one handed sword and one handed axe. It’s wildly absurd to able to do so with two two-handed weapons. Please add, we’ll even pay for it.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@xx-blackout93-x loads of people have been requesting this since before launch (myself included). Apparently the request has been passed on to the devs but that's it

• Gemini-IX
    5 posts

@max18400 Bugger all will happen. I've been chasing this issue for months and had nothing at all. No responses, no real acknowledgement, no roadmap updates. Nothing. Once again, Ubisoft have taken our money, and ran. Screw you, don't like the game? Sucks for you. They will only be paying attention now to updates that fix glitches (which I imagine they'll soon get bored of fixing anyway) and adding content that requires payment. Standard Ubisoft. In all seriousness, if they don't listen to the MASSIVE community outcry to add the damn weapons to the game, this may really be the last AC game I ever buy. Time and time again, ever since first moving away from the original Ezio format, Ubisoft have shown they don't give a single damn about what their fans really want, pandering occasionally to silence a few murmurs here and there, lifting the finger only as far as it needs to be raised.

Next thing they'll do is release a samurai AC and leave out katanas and give some crap excuse like, *insert character name here* is supposed to represent an assassin and an internal struggle against the norm, which is why he/she can only use a stick and slingshot. Load of rubbish.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@gemini-ix ngl, I think this game has broken me. How awful the river raids are is the last straw

• Gemini-IX
    5 posts

@max18400 I haven't even played it for nearly 3 weeks now. Been skipping between Cyberpunk (which is a whole other ball game anyway), Project Cars 3 (Equally disappointing if I'm honest) and comforting myself with War Thunder, Doom and Doom Eternal. At least iD studios know how to show their fans some love.

• Gemini-IX
    5 posts

@max18400 You know another thing that really riles me? CD Projekt Red may be going through the absolute meat grinder right now, but they're so responsive to their community. Like they seem to genuinely give a damn. They've had one thing after another thrown at them, lost so much money, yet they're still pushing and trying to fix the issues. Ubisoft who sit in their ivory tower enjoying their millions of sales and microtransactions scams don't give a crap.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@gemini-ix said it perfectly. I'm done with this game

• Max18400
    402 posts

So, transmog has been been confirmed for the future, so that about one handed swords in the game? They're one of the most requested features from players and ubisoft is still silent about them.
    On this forum they've even confirmed that this request has been fed back towards the Dev team.
    I believe that they'll be added into the dlcs paid content, yet they've been silent about what may or may not be included in them.
    I just want any information, from fellow players and hopefully someone from ubisoft as to if they'll be added, why they weren't in the game and if they don't plan to add them, why?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

i dont think so, clearly they want you to use a 2hand sword with a shield to look or something.

There is so much we requested and we never got like a higly repeatable endgame loop and we got RR which ends after 6hours and even then didnt serve any purpose.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@asgardian02 you're probably right. But I still want answers as to why they weren't included. Just some reason as to what possessed them to leave them out

• Superfly_Boss
    70 posts

Max, it isn't happening. They don't fall in the ecosystem they built for this game. They even took away the ability to use weapons while on horses. This was something they had in Origins and Odyssey.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@superfly_boss

they never gave us shields in odyssey, so it wont happen, now we have shield but no need to use cos

• the game is to easy
    • the enemies dont have cool abilities that warrants the use of shields
    • there are no actual abilities for the shield at all in the game

totally lame

• Max18400
    402 posts

@superfly_boss okay, in detail explain how that works? Because they are in the game? Surely it's a matter of just coding them in?

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts

This isn't a shield situation that is integral to the combat system. They passed our feedback to the developers months ago and we still haven't heard anything. Come on ubisoft. We want an update on this.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@fruitloops3000

this is exaxtly the same situation as it was with odyssey and not having shields.

ppl moaned and cried and begged nothing happen, and nothing will happen this time around.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@asgardian02 but again, with odyssey they bothered to say a reason why they didn't have shields for the Eagle Bearer. They said they wanted more aggressive gameplay and the story reason was that they weren't raised in a city state environment so wouldn't have been taught to fight in a phalanx (which although isn't a great excuse is still an excuse).
    One handed swords aren't integral to the combat system, nor are they part of the narrative (as to why Eivor doesn't use one). Hence why I either want an update or a reason why they're not in the game

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics