Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Gemini-IX
    5 posts

@max18400 I haven't even played it for nearly 3 weeks now. Been skipping between Cyberpunk (which is a whole other ball game anyway), Project Cars 3 (Equally disappointing if I'm honest) and comforting myself with War Thunder, Doom and Doom Eternal. At least iD studios know how to show their fans some love.

• Gemini-IX
    5 posts

@max18400 You know another thing that really riles me? CD Projekt Red may be going through the absolute meat grinder right now, but they're so responsive to their community. Like they seem to genuinely give a damn. They've had one thing after another thrown at them, lost so much money, yet they're still pushing and trying to fix the issues. Ubisoft who sit in their ivory tower enjoying their millions of sales and microtransactions scams don't give a crap.

• Max18400
    400 posts

@gemini-ix said it perfectly. I'm done with this game

• Max18400
    400 posts

So, transmog has been been confirmed for the future, so that about one handed swords in the game? They're one of the most requested features from players and ubisoft is still silent about them.
    On this forum they've even confirmed that this request has been fed back towards the Dev team.
    I believe that they'll be added into the dlcs paid content, yet they've been silent about what may or may not be included in them.
    I just want any information, from fellow players and hopefully someone from ubisoft as to if they'll be added, why they weren't in the game and if they don't plan to add them, why?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

i dont think so, clearly they want you to use a 2hand sword with a shield to look or something.

There is so much we requested and we never got like a higly repeatable endgame loop and we got RR which ends after 6hours and even then didnt serve any purpose.

• Max18400
    400 posts

@asgardian02 you're probably right. But I still want answers as to why they weren't included. Just some reason as to what possessed them to leave them out

• Superfly_Boss
    69 posts

Max, it isn't happening. They don't fall in the ecosystem they built for this game. They even took away the ability to use weapons while on horses. This was something they had in Origins and Odyssey.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@superfly_boss

they never gave us shields in odyssey, so it wont happen, now we have shield but no need to use cos

• the game is to easy
    • the enemies dont have cool abilities that warrants the use of shields
    • there are no actual abilities for the shield at all in the game

totally lame

• Max18400
    400 posts

@superfly_boss okay, in detail explain how that works? Because they are in the game? Surely it's a matter of just coding them in?

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts

This isn't a shield situation that is integral to the combat system. They passed our feedback to the developers months ago and we still haven't heard anything. Come on ubisoft. We want an update on this.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@fruitloops3000

this is exaxtly the same situation as it was with odyssey and not having shields.

ppl moaned and cried and begged nothing happen, and nothing will happen this time around.

• Max18400
    400 posts

@asgardian02 but again, with odyssey they bothered to say a reason why they didn't have shields for the Eagle Bearer. They said they wanted more aggressive gameplay and the story reason was that they weren't raised in a city state environment so wouldn't have been taught to fight in a phalanx (which although isn't a great excuse is still an excuse).
    One handed swords aren't integral to the combat system, nor are they part of the narrative (as to why Eivor doesn't use one). Hence why I either want an update or a reason why they're not in the game

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

i odnt care really anymore, removed the game from the pc, as time will go on ill becom einactive on these forums as well and hopefully forget all about AC-games and the [censored] they make soon

• Max18400
    400 posts

I understand. As I've said, this will be the last assassin's creed game I get

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    @asgardian02 but again, with odyssey they bothered to say a reason why they didn't have shields for the Eagle Bearer. They said they wanted more aggressive gameplay and the story reason was that they weren't raised in a city state environment so wouldn't have been taught to fight in a phalanx (which although isn't a great excuse is still an excuse).
    One handed swords aren't integral to the combat system, nor are they part of the narrative (as to why Eivor doesn't use one). Hence why I either want an update or a reason why they're not in the game

^^ This

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts

@UbiKobold

The community is dying to know the status of one handed swords being added to the game? Thanks 😊

• Max18400
    400 posts

@superfly_boss another thought to add to this.... Ubisoft'a For honour's gameplay had loads of new weapon types, moves, finishers etc. Added to it well beyond what available at launch? So in reality they can, with time, add anything they want to the game. This surely means that adding on one new weapons type that clearly is to an extent in the game already, could be added in

• OlmerGrey
    56 posts

@max18400
    The best thing we can hope for - dagger type of weapon that look like short sword of sort.
    Valhalla doesn't look like a game in which completely new types of weapons will be added over time.
    Only additional reskins to the base mechanics, nothing more.
    Similar with Odyssey on that note.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@asgardian02

I dont have many hopes that they add one-handed swords but in Odyssey there wasnt the ability to use shields because the gameplay was focused around having leonidas spear at any time in the offhand. The only thing they could have added is a shield as a weapon which would have looked strange with the broken spear and the animations in this game. It isnt made for this type of shield gameplay which was a bad decision to start with.

Valhalla has a system where they naturally can add any new weapon type regardless of on which hand you use it.

I doubt they will do what we wish for because Ubisoft dont care. They have their roadmap and they will stick to it without any changes. Their games dont evolve naturally and our wishes change nothing. Everything they want to add to their live-service-games is planned from the beginning and some things were also just cut out of the game to release them later as "free content". Everything is planned and nothing is dynamic here.

I am pretty sure transmog and NG+ are alrady pretty finished but they just hold them back to have stuff for every monhtly update.

• Max18400
    400 posts

@yesin069 I guess having some half hearted optimism that they'll add them.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics