Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@fgx1988 And then daggers and spears are the special exclusive to one hand and two hand respectively

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

One handed swords confirmed. Saw modern day gameplay. No spoilers, but Eivor is buried with a regular sword.

• Zidster19
    3 posts

Uhm, no. There are no one handed swords. Stop lying to yourself and accept the sad truth. Just because there is something in a cutscene doesn't mean it's actually part of the gameplay.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@madness3v3 I would also not see this as a confirmation of one-handed swords. CGI trailers and staged scenes are no proof of this. NPCs can use one-handed swords and that only proves that there are one-handed swords in the game, but not that we can use them as players. The only way to prove it would actually be to have a gameplay record of Eivor wielding a one-handed sword.

• Lafrendgio
    30 posts

@topeira1980 The CGI trailer also showed that they fought like actual human beings, not blinking around like an anime character in-game.

It's funny cause there are actual 1h swords wielded by npcs you can use as contextual finishers/stun attacks but you can't use them as actual weapons lol wtaf Dante with a shield here we go

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@fgx1988 I think the simple fact that we finally have a sword in proximity to Eivor is a good sign

• Mwhita89
    24 posts

@lafrendgio

my only guess is that they are trying to make the character more like what was seen in the vikings show. The main character has an axe. I’m currently watching the first season and seeing a lot of inspiration from this show.

At the same time it does not make sense that you can’t use swords at all except for [censored] swords which didn’t really exist during the viking era. Vikings left behind many one handed swords

• Durendal321
    3 posts

the fact there are no one handed swords is kind of dumb they said they wanted to be close historically accurate but i guess not its why ubisoft is such a meme can't even stick to what they say!

• Max.Mumford96
    22 posts

Okay, I am so excited for this game but I am a bit disappointed that there are no one handed swords in the game. Can any ubisoft official confirm whether this is the case and why? Just seems like a really bizarre decision due to their use and importance to a viking age warrior

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

I’m currently thinking we just haven’t seen it in the demos. Cause there are also two handed warhammers and two handed flails. I don’t see ubisoft blocking off three weapons to the players.

• Max.Mumford96
    22 posts

@madness3v3 I hope they do bring them in, literally makes no sense

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@max-mumford96 it's a big dissapointment to get the confirmation that they really don't add one-handed blades in the game

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@fgx1988 one guy told me he’s found two already

• SoulBrotherNr3
    17 posts

to add insult to injury ..
    seriously ubi teasing us with it but no use..
    not really a spoiler image but added a spoiler tag anyway.
    spoiler

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@soulbrothernr3 actually I just looked at the codex. There’s a sword there in the combat tab that’s clearly one handed.

• SoulBrotherNr3
    17 posts

@madness3v3 if you're talking about the background image weapon in the codex. That's a 2 handed sword. I recognise the hilt from a 2h icon

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

The lack of one handed swords is so disheartening. An axe sword build is what I wanted since the first trailer and you robbed it of me. And what’s makes it worse is you showed that exact building the trailer.

• Ottolexius1987
    3 posts

Where did all one handed swords go ? They are the part of history and beside using them all i could find is kind of long swords which is usable by one hand and makes everything unrealistic please bring back the one handed sword types which we can use wity shields. Vikings are not all about axes only ....

• BARRYSCOTT275
    39 posts

Does Ubisoft even read these they just need to add one or two one handed swords without the game feels incomplete and tbh I really puts me off the game without them hopefully it's something they can sort quickly

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@barryscott275 would totally agree , 1-3 one handed swords would totally be fine, even if it would be smaller versions of the alreay included 2-handed swords. Additionally I would appreceate it, when the 2-handed swords would not getting bigger when you pull it. It looks way to unrealistic. like in an anime or something. I find they have the excellent size when they are on on Eivors back.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics