Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

Honestly i normally wouldn’t want something removed, but the fact that they forgot one handed swords and also shove this one handing a two handed sword with your shield crap in your face i feel they need to pick one,

A: either add one handed swords like a majority of the fan base is asking for and also confused about the lack of

or

B: remove one handing a two handed sword and shield, it’s just insulting and feels like ubi is trying to force us to use oversized weapons and one hand a two hander, biggest fake wannabe set up ever, “reeeeeee gotta have my oversized twohanders i can one hand🙄

please get rid of the anime fanboy from the dev team, it feels like your let a toddler make those decisions

YOU CANT HAVE ONE HANDING A TWO-HANDED SWORD AND SHIELD AT THE SAME TIME AND FORGET ONE HANDED SWORDS

if one handed swords arnt useable here then two handed sword and shield shouldn’t be an option🙄🙄🙄

plus one handing the two handers has no place, it’s stupid, it’s unrealistic, it’s a joke, it would only be decided by a moron....seriously

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

They do have daggers, and different ones of those which are kinda large and can be one-handed w/ a shield, though they are better dual-wielded with a crit build. Couple are actually good when upgraded and running a rare rune. They are not going to revamp the entire game though for 1-handed sword, though they could have made a longer dagger with more weight and just called it one.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@bushwickedly that or just a downsized twohanded sword......ugh it’s just so counter productive of them to leave one handed swords out

• geoage095
    39 posts

@frosthound030 A dev already made a reply in a bigger thread that they are looking into it,along with adding more armours that fit Dark Ages England. Now if they do add them no one knows if all of that will be on the Helix store or obtainable through quests/chests/bosses.

If it's the first then the whole community will probably riot...and by riot i mean pitchforks,torches and [censored]. xD

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@geoage095 Got a link to that thread?

• MnemonicSyntax
    9 posts

@frosthound030 only way I play is sword and board. Only way I can do that is use the dual wielding 2 hander perk.

You're free to, you know, not use that perk.

• BigOrton
    1 posts

I know there are tons of threads and complaints on this topic! But didn't anyone at Ubisoft notice that Eivor was even buried with a one-handed sword? Can be seen very well in the story of the present. So it is even more illogical, and an even bigger kick in our buttocks, that the character cannot use a one-handed sword. Unfortunately, Ubisoft currently has enough to do with creating patches to fix the numerous bugs, but after that you have to tackle the biggest problem of all, the lack of usable one-handed swords.

Please excuse my English if it isn't perfect! I'm unfortunately more rusty than I thought.

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    Hey Meatball-83! I hope you are having a good day! Thanks for your feedback and suggestion to add one handed swords to Assassin's Creed Valhalla, in addition to either chainmail or scale armor! I have forwarded this up to the Development team for review. If you have any other suggestions, or more to add, please let me know! 🙂

Thank you for recognising this! We have hope!

• Quor321
    232 posts

Over thinking a bit much?

Sure it would be cool to have one handed swords. As far as being historical accurate, still need to remember it is a fantasy world, a game, just enjoy it and stop comparing to what you saw on the history channel. No slaves either. There is a thread about that. Should Ubi add slaves for us to play with too, to be historical accurate?

• Max18400
    410 posts

100% accuracy isn't achievable true. However, one handed swords have been a staple of the series (and many other fantasy TV series, films and games) and it is weird not having them. Especially in a game that champions player choice and freedom. Many players, including myself, prefer to use swords in a video game.

• KmarkoPL
    274 posts

@bigorton
    So you had to create another complaining spam, in stead replying in existing one ?!

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

There was a response in another thread but basically an Ubisoft Rep commented that the desire for one handed swords and more realistic armor would be sent to the team for feedback.

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    Over thinking a bit much?

Sure it would be cool to have one handed swords. As far as being historical accurate, still need to remember it is a fantasy world, a game, just enjoy it and stop comparing to what you saw on the history channel. No slaves either. There is a thread about that. Should Ubi add slaves for us to play with too, to be historical accurate?

We ain't talking about slaves mate. I can say with some certainty the majority of people here are not looking for 100% historical accuracy. We just want 1handed swords. Not a tall ask.

• Ebonzone
    29 posts

Eivor will get at least one before he dies,

only for $4.99.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@fruitloops3000 Historical accuracy has been used as an argument in the thread to back the desire for one handed swords. Obviously this thread is not about slaves, but the point still stands. It is just a game not a recreation of history, so play and have fun with what is in the game and less worry about what is not.

I would like one handed swords too, but it definitely in no way getting in the way of enjoying the game. Plus they probably will add them later anyway, along with much much more.

• Max18400
    410 posts

@quor321 it doesn't ruin the game, but it does limit it in a way that's not easily explained. The game's message is that you as a player can live out your viking fantasy in the game set in a historical setting. There are three key words there, viking, fantasy and historical. As a game it was always going to lean more to the fantasy side. That said, in almost every single recent (and older) representation of the vikings, whether it be The Last Kingdomor Vikings, the main character (or characters) are mostly armed with one handed swords. So it is reasonable to assume that most players would want to copy of recreate their own viking characters like, say Uhtred, Lagertha or Bjorn ironside, by using a one handed sword in the game. So you are right, it's not game breaking, but it does limit its experience as a game.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@max18400 Let's not forget Eivor using a one handed sword in the cinematic trailer. Pretty [censored] to see that hyped up and then we get the launch with zero one handed swords.

• Max18400
    410 posts

@fylkirpanzer exactly. That sword looks awesome as well 😂

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Fruitloops3000
    28 posts
    @fruitloops3000 Historical accuracy has been used as an argument in the thread to back the desire for one handed swords. Obviously this thread is not about slaves, but the point still stands. It is just a game not a recreation of history, so play and have fun with what is in the game and less worry about what is not.

I would like one handed swords too, but it definitely in no way getting in the way of enjoying the game. Plus they probably will add them later anyway, along with much much more.

People are venting about the absence of a type of common sword that's widely used in video games. As a caveat to that they argued for historical accuracy in this isolated case to persuade the developers to do something about it. I can whole heartedly say most if not everyone in this forum are quite aware that this is a game that includes magical and mythological creatures, and we don't expect them to find some fictional halfway ground between reality and fantasy. We're quite aware that Mark is very subjective. Just because slavery was rampant among vikings doesn't mean the implementation of getting Emphysema, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and wide spread worm infections should also get thier moment; Because that was historically accurate.

If you are enjoying the game then great crack on. Its a pretty good game.

Suggested Topics