Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@fgx1988 Awesome, do you remember the video showing off the store? Haven't seen it yet.

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@fgx1988 I feel it’s a notch for one handed swords.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@madness3v3

28:14 he shows the shop items

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@fgx1988 Scimatar was a let down. But I still feel they can be there. This again could just be the pre launch store and only reflecting demo weapons.

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@fgx1988
    Thanks! Pretty interesting, the scimitar looks 2h to me, judging from the length of the handle...

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@aloninor It is. It’s under the two handed weapon category.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

For me it would be totally fine if they would add some regular sized swords with less damage and higher speed in the stats as the other two-handed swords. We had to use them with both hands until you have archived the heavy dual wield skill. From that point on you should be able to use it as an normal one handed sword with all possible weapon combinations. No need for ubisoft to add more animations or add an new weapon categorie. I think it would be the easyest way to please the community and the efforts should be quite low.

• BBBBanana
    2 posts

I think the devs removed them to have bigger knifes, (that look like a smal sword to me in the videos I´ve seen)
    And to focus more on Axes in this game.
    Mayby they tried 1h swords and just feelt like nobody cared about the 1h axes...

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@fgx1988 But heavy dual wield is deep in the bear category. We shouldn’t have to burn skill points for something so simple

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@bbbbanana If that’s the case, I don’t understand why they didn’t just treat swords and axes effectively the same. We wouldn’t have cared, we would just enjoyed the aesthetic

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@madness3v3 You are totally right. Personally I would also prefer when the would add the one-handedsword category just like it should be. But I am affraid that they would not do this because of the efforts. I just think that it is simpler to add smaler versions of two-handed swords with edited stats. When the efforts are lower the chances are much higher that they will even think about fulfilling our wish.

• topeira1980
    23 posts

@madness3v3 you know what worries me now?
    That you cant use a shield and greatsword at all.
    I havent seen such a comb ANYWHERE.

• topeira1980
    23 posts
    It's odd, I do agree.
    Did they confirm 2hd sword + shield though?

But the greatsword is anachronical anyway: vikings never used such a weapon. Same goes for flails...
    ᚦᚢᚱᚠᛁᚾᚱᛘᛁᛏᚦᚢᚱ
    ᚦᚢᚱᛘᛁᛏᚦᚢᚱᚠᛁᚾᚱ 

I have been looking at the latest footage and couldn't find a single proof that you can use a shield with the sword.
    Maybe you need the perk that allows dual wielding heavy weapons, but dual wielding heavy weapons doesn't mean single handed dual wield weapons. that's not the same.

So after this "no-one-handed-swords" fiasco, i am also anticipating a "no-sword-and-shield" (or no spear-and-shiled and no battleaxes-and-shield) fiasco as well. if they've gone THIS far into the nonsensical realm im gonna lose it.

seriously lose it.

Like, not gonna find it ever.

• TORFINR
    353 posts
    no battleaxes-and-shield

In the latest video I've watched I've seen clearly a battle axe + shield sequence. Very short but it's there at around 2min8sec:

ᚦᚢᚱᚠᛁᚾᚱᛘᛁᛏᚦᚢᚱ
    ᚦᚢᚱᛘᛁᛏᚦᚢᚱᚠᛁᚾᚱ

• Zidster19
    3 posts

@topeira1980

Haha, I thought the same. Glad to see TORFINR has found some footage. I do wonder however why no one used it in any gameplay before. But, oh well, most of these influencers are not immersive gamers. They rather run around with "Eivor Two-Shield the Silly".

• TheHoboKilla
    11 posts

@zidster19 See, that's were I will be different. I plan on being "Eivor Two-Shield the Usually Serious Does Have A Good Sense Of Humor".

• topeira1980
    23 posts

Finally! Footage of a sword and shield!!
    Looks good. Im so relieved. (At 5:10):

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@topeira1980 The size of the sword make it just look ridiculous and take a lot of immersion to me

• topeira1980
    23 posts
    @topeira1980 The size of the sword make it just look ridiculous and take a lot of immersion to me

Thats absolutely true, but i noticed that different weapons from the same class (notice this in 1h axes) can have slightly different sizes and speeds.
    So maybe (just maybe) there will be other swords that are slightly faster and smaller.
    We havent seen any of the different swords in the game in action other than just that one (we've only seen them in promos and in the UI) so it's hard to judge.

• madness3v3
    Original poster 38 posts

@fgx1988 Well I dug around. Went back to the original trailer and Eivor clearly used axe sword combo. Also, the light attack node in the skill tree used a sword icon. Now why would that be if there are only greatswords.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics