Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Richi_TV.007
    8 posts

Ich wünsche mir nichts mehr für dieses Spiel, als Einhandschwerter! Bitte Ubisoft!!!

• Richi_TV.007
    8 posts

Bitte, wir sind Wikinger-Fans und AC-Fans, doch dass es keine Einhandschwerter gibt, macht so vieles kaputt, für mich persönlich, und ich denke auch für viele andere.

• Richi_TV.007
    8 posts

Yes, everthing I want for this game are the One-Handet-Swords!@lordraven4430

• Richi_TV.007
    8 posts

@undeadm3tal13 Yes, I hope it so much, that they will add them to the game!

• Richi_TV.007
    8 posts

@sof-mcdonald-a I want nothing more, than One-Handet-Swords back in AC!!!

• Richi_TV.007
    8 posts

@nol0072 I miss One-Handet-Swords so much. I love this game, but this thing is making me so sad!

• Richi_TV.007
    8 posts

• Max18400
    402 posts

@burnedrook no... There's is absolutely 0 evidence of 2 handed swords. Whilst there a slight variations of blade shapes, sizes, and styles, no two handed sword has ever been found. All the handles are one handed.
    I've studied the viking age (particularly warfare) for 4 and a half years, have 2 degrees on the subject and I have never (even after reading over 250 books, archaeological reports or papers on the subject) ever have I seen anyone say two handed swords existed in the viking age. And bare in mind, there have been hundreds (potentially thousands) of viking swords found all over northern Europe and all of them are one handed and share that one common design.
    If you've seen something from an actual historical source that suggests otherwise, I implore you to share it here.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

also make them be wear in the hip, no in the back, sinces all swords need to be wear in the hip, for safety reason and for easy usage, 🙂 pls bring one handed swords!!

• Smrtiak.SVK
    135 posts

@max18400 yeah, it is pretty stupid because there are one handed swords in the game, but we are not able to have them. For example Basim has one handed sword all the time...

• Max18400
    402 posts

@smrtiak-svk exactly. It's moronic. Especially as they're cut out in exchange for massive bigger than the character greatswords...

• Smrtiak.SVK
    135 posts

@max18400 it looks they just do not care much about players. I refuse do believe they have not informations about favourite weapons in AC: Origins or Odyssey. Most players, including me, has favourite weapon one handed swords. And now they are just missing in new AC game.

• h8_breeder
    1 posts

They won't add it. Why? Look at the way all one handed weapons come out and are out away. Same side. With a one handed sword they would have to change the entire animation system for one handed weapons. Doubt they will. Also, swords were almost useless against shielded enemies, hence the beard on a bearded axe to pull the shield away. Only hope a sword has is to stab, and a Seax doesn't that faster and better.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@h8_breeder

You are right! I forgot that Eivor has all his one handed weapons on his right side. That would mean Ubisoft needs to do new animations to pull out a one handed sword from the left-side with the right hand. This is some type of effort i dont think Ubisoft will ever do. Great publishers and devs would absolutely do that after a game is launched but not Ubisoft.

I dont care if a weapon would be effective or not because this is no For Honor. I just want a one-handed sword because i like to have this weapon in every medieval game i ever played. It is my preferred weapon and every game in this setting ticks this box and have those swords in it.

Sadly this is another thing that shows us how Ubisoft lost the passion and love in making games. They didn't implement one-handed swords because they needed to unsheat this weapon from an deifferent angle which needed individual new animations just for this weapon. Instead every other one-handed weapon is equipped on the right side and also picked up by Eivors right hand. they dont do more work as needed and the golden rule is efficency and reusing assets and animations as often as possible.

When I look at the effort Ubisoft put into just Notre Dame in Unity I don't know what happened to this company. Microtransactions and live-service games really ruined them and all the little details that were in AC games (mostly in the enviroments) are gone by now. Valhalla has a lot of copy and pasted areas with no love and care at all put into them. I see reused assets everywhere.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@h8_breeder... This isn't right... At all. There's a reason warriors preferred swords. They were versatile weapons, arguably more so than axes. So sorry... Swords were not useless against shields. That argument is ridiculous. Talk to anyone who does historical reenactment, there's pros and cons to using an axe and sword. Swords were quicker and could actually get around a shield's protection. They could conversely just hit it out of the way or out msnouver it. Swords were also capable of breaking shields... Especially decently made swords. It would make more sense not having seaxs as they (despite what the last kingdom says) were not main weapons in warfare
    And if doing that very simple animation (they can literally just recycle the animation from any previous ac game), is the reason they won't add them, that's pathetic and new low for ubisoft

• longjohn119
    538 posts

@yesin069 I played both Origins and Odyssey with a sword as my melee weapon and used the secondary melee weapon for it's engraving boosts only .... About the only time I ever used anything other that a sword for melee was the occasional weekly ori quests where they wanted you to kill 'x' number of solder with a spear or heavy blunt .... In Origins I got the Deluxe version and pretty much used the poisoned sword that came with it through the entire game and it also had a poisoned heavy blunt which I like to use on the Phylakes by ambushing them from behind and whacking them with it to start out, ride past turn and shoot a few arrows at them to stun them and then whack them again with it ..... I only used a shield against a couple of the bosses where it was a necessity ..... A good sword and a good bow and I'm set

• AlphaGoose46219
    157 posts

@madness3v3 All real fighters used one handed swords, speed and even a bit of distance from your enemy makes it far more effective than the lumberjack ax.
    UBIsoft; no we go for the wood chopper, ridiculous big (man-sized) axes, two handed monsters, hammers heads so big they must weight 25 pounds.
    It makes me laugh if i see Vili walking with his ridiculous ax, looks like a fool instead of a tough viking warrior.
    If you see all the posts about this (forum, youtube, community) it is amazing nobody at UBIsoft wakes up.
    Sleep UBIsofties.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@alphagoose46219

all the hammers in the game have a ridiculously design.
    The hammer heads of all those hammers are far too big and as a result would weigh too much much for eivor to swing that hammer around.

For game trying to be historical realistic there is just way too much incorrect.

Hence why i dont understand why they want to even make historical accurate.

• AlphaGoose46219
    157 posts

@asgardian02 They must have made them hollow! (still gets a lot of wind)

• xX-Blackout93-X
    5 posts

PLEASE. WE'LL EVEN PAY FOR THEM!!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics