Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RPGFiend2139
    Original poster 29 posts

I feel that Ubi should just lose the whole Animus shtick with this series. IMO the "real world" stuff is the most tedious and boring part of the game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

The "Assassin's Creed" part of this game doesn't actually make any sense at all, either. None of it, neither within the Animus or outside of it. The development of the over-arching Assassin's Creed real-life plot is literally 1-2 hours of gameplay (assuming someone does the certain tasks within the Animus to get the complete ending) in a 100+ hour game if you want to 100% it. If you don't do the tasks in the Animus relevant to the real-life plot, it's maybe 10 minutes at max of Assassin's Creed plot within cutscenes and wandering around in the real world. Just to discover a new character bolted onto the plot and extreme levels of retcon.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

Nope. I disagree. Modern Day and how the past story is connected to it is absolutely amazing in Valhalla again. It's one complete unit. Everything fits together perfectly.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

@souldrinkerlp "Absolutely amazing"? How did you come about that opinion? It's completely disjointed from the story so far and the "seventh solution" is the definition of retcon. In the previous games, the seventh solution was the global aurora device that successfully blocked the solar flare. Now, the seventh solution was "actually" something else and not the global aurora device. Dunno what stopped them from making it an eighth solution. Well, I do know, the writing in the series is terrible, that's what stopped them.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@valtyrnine spoiler

Edit: And also AC was always a bit rough around the edges. But you can easily accept the "Retcon" by us not having all the information yet. Most of the retcons make sense if viewed like that. The game itself also is talking about knowledge being locked away and we can only get a small part of it. So it fits the narrative to not know everything in detail and not the entire truth.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

I agree with this, the modern day stuff is pretty convoluted at this point. They should just make an Assassin's Creed set in the modern day.

However. As someone who dislikes the modern day stuff to a large degree, I must say I was pleasantly surprised by Valhalla's modern day story arc. All of the story arcs connected together in a very nice way and I was actually satisfied with it, unlike previous AC games.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@fylkirpanzer Especially we now have a arc going forward and basically closing up all previous arcs a bit. So we can now go forward with new stuff hopefully.

• JGunns
    10 posts

Lose the Animus?

Nah.

Get better writers.

Plenty of great fanfic and ideas are already out there. Take this idea, for example: Hire some interns scour the internet. Or better yet, hire some young people with fresh ideas or different POVs. Too much job insecurity, no one wants to being in fresh talent.

• Abeonis
    55 posts
    In the previous games, the seventh solution was the global aurora device that successfully blocked the solar flare.

Actually, the global aurora device was the first solution, but it would have taken too long to build up the necessary energy shield to protect the entire earth. Conveniently, by the time of the Second Disaster, it had had enough time to do this.

The "seventh solution" is a retcon, yes, but only insofar as it is entirely new. Before Valhalla, there was only ever six solutions.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@souldrinkerlp I think there's one or two more eras of history to get to the Third Crusade era of AC1, but honestly, this is the last AC game I've decided to get.

While I'm still hopeful things will get much, much better. It's a huge step backward from what Odyssey was, and now that I've already beat the game and completed pretty much everything aside from two altars which require fishing (and fishing is terrible in this), some hunting contracts (I need black bear pelts and dog teeth and the drop rates are ridiculously low), and tons of resource chests I don't need; there's no point in me playing anymore since this game has no endgame. At least with Odyssey there was a ton of bounties/contracts/quests I could do repetitively which kept me busy. Hopefully the new raid mechanics will be awesome and actually rewarding, and I'd love it if we could re-attack fortresses, those were some of the best moments of the game honestly.

• strigoi1958
    24 posts

I have no problem with the modern day stuff but it should be completely optional... I have no interest in the "Lara croft" sections and now I am at a point where I cannot return to the animus and finish the game... I'm stuck as a random guy outside a wooden cabin and when I hit F to focus it just looks at a squirrel. I understand people like the Modern day stuff, they liked playing "frogger" on pc's to hack Abstergo files and taking them to the foyer to give to a courier, they like the tomb raider parts, collecting battery cells, moving blocks and even are hooked on the untold narrative but there are just as many who do not want the immersion of the game broken. I am one of those... now I can never play valhalla again because I can neither skip this unnecessary (for me) part and get back to the game and the excessively drawn out modern day part with no direction as to what to do... is painful to even contemplate playing... I will not waste time chasing a squirrel, I even begrudge the fact that I cannot just run to the animus and get in.... as I said many years ago in the forum.... when there is an opportunity to do the modern day climbing and dialogue sections... there should be a moment when it says "There is a data corruption, you can leave the animus and check out the data or continue and we will try to fix it" anyone who wants to play MD can go climb, read emails, anyone wanting to remain a viking, assassin, templar etc... can just continue.

But this time, this squirrel focus has damaged Valhalla too much for me to carry on... it's like the 20 minute credits in AC3 that could not be skipped before completing the game... I could go make tea and have a sandwich but now all replays ended at that moment. There could have been an option to skip the credits after the first time... since then I feel making more things optional gives everyone the best possible opportunity to maximise their enjoyment by skipping things they do not like.

There are parts that I have not completed, zealots not yet killed, creatures not killed. locked treasures and secret areas not yet accessed and the only way to do that now is to avoid this section in a replay, but, it feels like I have lost over 100 hours as I am now at a point where I cannot get to the end of the game. 😞

• JGunns
    10 posts

@strigoi1958 This seems like a trend or the modern take on games, escpecially with UBISOFT. I noticed in the forced narrative in FARCRY 5.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@strigoi1958 Maybe you need to look at Eivors grave with Basim? I had no problem entering the Animus. This game actually should be the best for you as you don't have to leave the Animus till the end. After that there is basically around 1-2 hours of story stuff to do in the Animus and that's it. Modern Day at the beginning and at the end.

• Flanker1Six
    151 posts

@rpgfiend2139 Well said! +1

• zzcool500
    36 posts

if they got rid of that story then i never would buy the game again because i would be missing nothing, i don't care about the animus story i play it as an appetizer for the real story, i like when the animus breaks the simulation i love those parts when you are reminded that it's just a simulation remove that remove the isu and there would be no reason for me to play any more, what they could do is just make a new ip or a spinoff without the lore

• LaMOi
    159 posts

@rpgfiend2139

100%

I only just said in another post.

If this game were purely about assassins throughout history, without any of the animals stuff, I honestly feel the game would lose absolutely nothing. And still be as popular as it ever was.

The animus stuff is always been the worst part about these games.

assassins Creed main draw has always been the historical settings.

Ubisoft — just unhitch the series from this total rubbish.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

The best compromise would be if they cut the animuss/present day stuff out and sell it as dlc.
    Everybody benefits.

• Abeonis
    55 posts
    The best compromise would be if they cut the animuss/present day stuff out and sell it as dlc.
    Everybody benefits.

How does anybody benefit from that? All you're doing is removing content and charging people extra to access it. That is patently the very worst thing they could do.

I really wish people would stop with these "lost the animus/lose the modern day" posts every single time we have a new game come out. We get it, you don't like the modern day sequences; I'm sure you have perfectly valid reasons for disliking the modern day, be it that these sequences disrupt the flow of the game (or whatever other reason you have) and I'm not here to claim your reasons are in any way invalid, but your views aren't the only views. Some of us like the modern day and consider it the actual on-going story of Assassin's Creed.

I shouldn't have to pay a premium just to enjoy the actual overarching story of the series I've invested so much time and money into already.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

@abeonis

People like me dont get tear out of the immersion.

People like you can feel special for having an DLC just for them.

Ubisoft get more money.

Everbody benefits, everybody.

• Abeonis
    55 posts

@raski0611 I pay more money for something that I don't have to currently. How is that a benefit for me?

Suggested Topics