Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DismayingBear18
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi! So when I loaded the game nothing had textures (the ground and buildings where all blank) and after a while everything started to shake and I fell through the world. I’ve tried reloading the game, rebooted my PS4 and loaded a different save but the issue is still there.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 346 posts

@dismayingbear18 That is very odd indeed, I'm sorry you are having this problem.

Can you provide a short clip of this happening in your game?

Official Response
  • Skoolboiquan
    2 posts

@ubi-swaggins

I am having this issue and it is across all of my saved files. I can provide video if needed.

• alinder11
    5 posts

I am seeing this issue as well. The mission Uninvited Guests started, but the attacking Danes never appeared and everyone in Ravensthorpe just went back to whatever they were doing. I left and continued to explore the world and complete side quests. All of my saves now send me back to Ravensthorpe even though I was elsewhere when they were made. The game loads, but the scenery is only partially drawn in. I am unable to move and after 10-15 seconds, I fall through the floor and die. This is preventing me from playing and unless this is fixed my only options seem to be either restarting the game which I'm already 32 hours into, or just give up playing. I am playing on PS4 and I can provide a video of the bug if requested.

• alinder11
    5 posts

@ubi-swaggins Are there any updates on this issue? I can provide a video if that helps.

• alinder11
    5 posts

• alinder11
    5 posts

@skoolboiquan Did you ever open a ticket for this? I filed a bug report at https://support.ubisoft.com/ but it couldn't hurt for other people to report the issue as well so they know it's not a one off thing.

• alinder11
    5 posts

I figured out a way past this in case anyone else runs into it.

I did this on the latest 1.1.0 patch version (not sure if that matters.)

Steps:

1. Load your save game
    2. As soon as Eivor spawns into the world and it's still looking very blocky, hit the touchpad.
    3. Wait on the map screen for a minute or so, and maybe scroll between the various screens. (This seems to give the world time to load)
    4. When you exit the map screen, the textures should be full loaded and you're able to move again and won't fall through the world.
    5. Finish the Uninvited Guests mission. If you die before finishing it, you'll have to repeat all the steps.
    6. Once you're done with the mission and back in the longhouse, create a new manual save. The game should play normally from here on out.

Hope that helps someone else.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics