Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Scuba__2020
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi all,

Would it not be cool to have the option to take prisoners instead of killing the enemies? After you defeat them, you tie them up, and either just leave or interact somehow, e.g. sell for cash from your camp. For that you could introduce a non-lethal mode on the actions wheel, like meditate or use torch. Some random bounty hunting events could be added to the game, similar to what we see in Red Dead Online.
    Also, wouldn't it be cool to have the option to be taken prisoner by the enemy? E.g. when you see you're losing the fight. They disarm and tie you up, then you can either try to run and risk death or recapture, or wait and be bailed out and delivered to your camp, losing some cash. Again, option to surrender could be triggered on the actions wheel.

I could see it working very well outside of the main story. Would someone else like to have these options?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Flanker1Six
    216 posts

@sharrukhin Yea, there's certainly some merit, both from a game play and from historical perspectives, to your prisoner suggestion. I'm no historian, but I'm pretty sure the taking of captives for slavery and for ransom (assuming the captive/s had people who wanted them back and had the money/goods to attempt a buy back) was very common during this period of the Dark Ages. Given the light weight nature of ACV's plot; and the current self professed woke inclusive orientation of Ubi's Development studios; I doubt they'd go near this idea.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@sharrukhin I'd prefer to do that with civilians honestly, bind them for prisoner trade, have slaves, or sell them for silver, etc. Since we can't kill them like in Odyssey, capturing them might be an interesting middle ground and still be in the Viking theme.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@flanker1six Agree. No way any company is going to allow you to play slave owner/seller if they plan on making any money. If that was a normal part of the game we would see the largest refunds in gaming history. With possible civil rights lawsuits.

Personally I think people are to sensitive right now and interfere with art way to much.

• Scuba__2020
    Original poster 3 posts

Hope you're exaggerating. Movies are still more mainstream than videogames I believe, and there were plenty of references to slavery or ransom in the Vikings, the Last Kingdom and similar movies. So I don't really see an issue here. Cinematically slashing a person into 10 pieces isn't much more humane, is it? 🙂

• Quor321
    232 posts

@sharrukhin Movies/ shows oddly get held to a different standard and get to show much more then a video game. That has not stopped people from throwing tantrums over race of the star or content. Recently complaints came out over some seens in Mandalorian. Baby yoda eating frog ladies eggs. Seemed harmless and a bit comical to me but guess not to the sensitive lot we are forced to live with.

Nudity and violence is totally acceptable, duh. Lol

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@quor321 lol conan exiles?

• Quor321
    232 posts

@frosthound030 Never played it. What about it?

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@quor321 it’s in conan the barbarians world, full open world survival with building and enslaving, you knock out npc in the world, drag them back to your base and stick them on a wheel or pain (taming wheel they push) until it tames them, each npc has different stats and class like fighter archer carpenter and all that, once tamed the fight or work for you

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @quor321 it’s in conan the barbarians world, full open world survival with building and enslaving, you knock out npc in the world, drag them back to your base and stick them on a wheel or pain (taming wheel they push) until it tames them, each npc has different stats and class like fighter archer carpenter and all that, once tamed the fight or work for you

Uh people are not wild animals like tigers lions etc. lol but but i could go for prisoners like civilians soldiers really any npc in the game. If they are living in enemy territory there could be the option of taking them prisoner. 😏

Maybe this could also be an option for the pacifists among us ... not me though i'm certainly not a pacifist.

Suggested Topics