Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• towliex7
    2 posts

so glad they keep us updated on a bug that still exists after 6 months. What a [censored] team of people you have working on this [censored] show of a game. How about a update from any ubisoft employee?? Or are you still telling us you cant fix the game and we should all go away?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports of this issue persisting in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble when reporting to Stowe and Erke in "Walls and Shadows," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread so we can take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any images or videos that demonstrate the issue in-game are also helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RiceIsNotNice69
    7 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • guest-jc0zceHe
    1 posts

I am also experiencing this bug, I am on a PS4 with the latest patch. Investigated the temple and found all the clues, do not get a mission update which allows me to meet at the mansion. Will stop playing until this is resolved, very frustrating.

• AutographJeans6
    1 posts

I am also having this same issue on PS5. Have been for months now. I went ahead and played the rest of the game, but now I can't finish because of this glitch.

• Rebuildingz
    13 posts

Good news guys!
    Ubisoft has announced that they are sorry the last few patches have not been up to par, that they will now take longer between patches to make sure they’re great

Bad news
    They just released the new patch notes and still no mention of walls and shadows.

• RiceIsNotNice69
    7 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • towliex7
    2 posts

Of course why the [censored] would they fix a bug thats been around since the launch of the game??? Jesus ubisoft sucks these days. Guess they are just going to be another game company i wont buy from. Not going to waste my money on a product they never fix

• Rebuildingz
    13 posts

Hey @ubi-woofer and @ubi-borealis. I am trying to make the decision of whether to restart, refund, or wait for patch, and I have just one question. It’s a very simple question, and I talked to your colleague on discord (Dan, I believe), who agrees that transparency in this regard is better. So here’s my question: What is the progress to the bug fix? Is it still undiagnosed? Has the dev team recreated it and is working to solve it? Is it coming soon, or will it be 6 more months? The answer isn’t “we’re investigating,” or “we’re unable to provide an ETA at this time.” If the dev team has run into complications, id appreciate just being told so. Helps me as a consumer of your product inform my decision.

• OmiZdea
    4 posts

While we wait for the official UBI forum people to apologize again as this bug (and others) are still not fixed in 1.2.1 Title Update, let me share my feedback in regards to the Dev Blog Update Pipeline posted on April 22nd.

The Product Delivery piece is severely broken, or at least was and they decided to make an announcement as some sort of damage control in response to the constant criticism, after they finally formalized an internal SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process. That would be laudable if they would of had that process in place by the launch date, but no, they sold a wicker man and left the customer side to deal with the game quality frustration.

• dubbillionaire
    9 posts

I really hope that a future hotfix can force the npcs to appear at their location or at the very least we all know they are in the cathedral in Lunden so find them in the save file and move the quest marker there or force them to go back because they simply love going back to sit on the darn stool inside. Until it is fixed I will delete the game and wait and hopefully all the glitches will be fixed after all the dlc are released. If it takes another year I will wait but I'll be danged if I am not gonna get my money's worth because of a game breaking issue.

I will watch this thread and monitor replies in hopes of getting an update in the near future. For now, too many good games to play that actually work!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you all for continuing to share your experiences and feedback regarding "Walls and Shadows." These reports have been passed on to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. We don't yet have any new updates to share with you all from the development team. Once we have any new information available, we will share this with you in this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@Lau19822020 - We would be unable to speculate on the length of time taken during this investigation. I would recommend taking a look at our Dev Blog for more information regarding the internal development processes, as they provide more information on time-scale here.

@PokeyMeerkat778 - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us. I'm sorry for any disappointment that has been caused. The development team are still investigating this issue further. As soon as we have any more information to share from the investigation, we will be sure to let you all know in this thread as soon as we're able to.

@GroundsControl - Please refrain from bypassing the language filter, as this breaks the forum rules. I would recommend checking out the Dev Blog for more information on the internal development processes, and what is included in the investigation. Please note we are unable to share unconfirmed details from the investigations, such as details regarding fixes or providing ETAs when there are none. Once we have any new information to share, it will be posted within this thread.

@Rebuildingz - The development team is working towards a fix for this issue. We don't yet have any new updates regarding any ETAs for a fix at this time, and we are unable to speculate on when this might be. I've reached out to the development team to see if we can get any further updates to share from the investigation with you all.

@OmiZdea - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the Dev Blog update. We've passed this along to the dedicated team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • AM0EBAS
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis

Translation: 'Please enjoy playing other games because we may or may not be fixing Assassins Creed Valhalla.'

• AlienCatos
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis

Translation : don't buy Ubisoft game anymore, we are more committed to release new paid contend then fix the bug that make the game unfinishable...

• Lau19822020
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis

This is ridiculous, the same generic answer, no respect for the consumer... It's been months, there is another patch out now, no mention of this issue... I have had it with this, I want my money back...

• RiceIsNice710
    19 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@AM0EBAS & @AlienCatos - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. The development team are taking a closer look at this issue, and are working on a fix. We don't yet have any new information to share with you all from the investigation. Once this is made available to us, we will update this thread as soon as we're able to.

@Lau19822020 - I'm sorry to hear that you feel our responses are generic. Please be assured that we take the time to read every post made within these threads, and we do our best to address any queries or concerns that have been raised. We are unable to shared unconfirmed details from an investigation, such as fixes or ETAs for an update, when these are not available.

As this issue was not included in the 1.2.1 Title Update, this is why it would not have been mentioned in the patch notes. Once we do have more information available to share, we will update this thread as soon as we are able to. This information will also be shared within the News & Announcements forum.

If you would like to seek a refund and you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store, you are welcome to open a support ticket with your refund request. I would recommend taking a look at the digital and physical refund policies prior to opening this support ticket. Refund cases are handled by our store team on a case-by-case basis, so you are still welcome to submit a request if you do not meet the eligible criteria.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Rebuildingz
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis people think your responses are generic because the “monthly” updates always say the exact same thing.

“Hello everyone! Sorry for the delayed update. Unfortunately, that game you payed 60+ dollars for still doesn’t work, and at this time it is still “under investigation” and we’re unable to provide an eta. We invite you to check our news and announcement thread for updates even though walls and shadows hasn’t been mentioned on there in the 6 months this game has been out.

@someone I’ve contacted the dev team to see if we can get any updates. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to know we exist because I first said that 3 months ago

@someoneelse stop trying to get around the swear filter. Why on earth would you be upset about a product you paid for which doesn’t work?

Make sure to remember you can get a refund through the Ubisoft store! Of course this is a known console bug, and most of you are on consoles. That sucks, you’re out of luck”

I don’t mean to be obnoxious, it’s just the same thing month after month. People get tired of hearing the same thing and just want to know what’s taking so long.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, @Rebuildingz. I apologise if any of our responses sound generic or repetitive. As previously mentioned, we aim to share as much information from an investigation within the forums as possible. Sometimes, we don't have any new updates to share with you all when we respond in a thread. We understand that this may not be the responses that players are hoping for. I would like to would like to reassure you that we will continue working with you all to try and get these issues resolved. 

As mentioned in our "Known Issues" list, the issues that have been reported in "Walls and Shadows" are currently under investigation. We are unable to speculate on how long an investigation may last, or when a fix for this issue will be made available. The development team are looking into "Walls and Shadows" further, and we are treating all reports made seriously. As soon as we have any new updates available, these will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share, please let us know 🙂

Official Response
  • RiceIsNice710
    19 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • GroundsControl
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Forgive me for swearing but you need to understand that waiting 6 months with little communication is frustrating. I ask we be kept more up to date from now on.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics