Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PhilFamous
    1 posts

Same here.. During the battle in front of the church and at the river ceolbert dies and after all enemies are killed the mission does not continue because the new task is not shown. I only have auto saves and I can't go back to restart the mission, because I deleted all the saves and wanted to create a new one after that mission, which I now know was very stupid...
    I've already played 40 hours and can't continue playing the main story without having to start all over again. I’ve seen many bugs but that a story related npc can die is just ridiculous.

• gian883
    2 posts

Cannot proceed "war weary"

• SithLordCarls
    1 posts

I am still unable to complete war weary. Ceolbert is dead and now there are no ai’s anywhere to be found. I lost my save because I thought I could restart the mission by completing a harder mission. My game is pretty much broken. If anyone has any ideas other than restarting the whole game I’m all ears.

• Loganxus
    2 posts

Yep. reading all the ways that are suppose to work by heading with the horse to the barrier and jumping off at the right time so the body of Ceolbert be out of the quest zone... then returning back, killing the commander in the river first... All the plots and scenarios... still no result. does not work for me. it been 7 days for me to been unable to proceed and i would say 4 hours of trying different way to "work around the bug". Hoping eny day there will be update that will fix it. Very frustrating. Undone... Is there an official reply from Ubi on it. seems we can make our own raid party here.

• fatblokekev
    54 posts

@loganxus If you read back mate. the last acknowledgement from Ubisoft was on 1st December !!!!!!!

• Loganxus
    2 posts

@fatblokekev Damn...
    Then we need to "speak" with Ubi himself 🙂 [censored]... Durring those years i have been a fan of him, giving $ for many of the products, Ubi got me addicted and now my pal is failing us giving me the "doze"...
    Ubiiiiiiiiii, Where are you ?!?! Come on man...Just today man... give us answer... Say "it will be alright"...
    I do not want to be "clean" 🙂

• fatblokekev
    54 posts

@loganxus No matter what we seem to do, there is no response. If you have an "in" to Mr UBI, then please use it mate 🙂 I am now 34 hours back into AS Odyssey. I must say, there have been ZERO glitches, smooth play, and I must add, the storyline is better than Valhalla with the battles both on land and sea.

• Chris_jacobs05
    1 posts

I was playing War Weary when, after the Fight in the river, i can’t do anything, cause the game doesn’t give me the next step ti do.

• AssassinOne31
    3 posts

I can not even start this quest. As soon as I find Ceolbert and Ivarr in the longhouse and get through the cut scene and leave the longhouse Ceolbert is dead and I can not even follow him to the church.

• SirJacobis
    1 posts

Hello just like everyone else I'm on the war weary quest and I can't progress in the story because Ceolbert has died in the cathedral and now I am stuck. What's being done about this broke game???

• AssassinOne31
    3 posts

Playing on the Xbox one

• ramhog2009
    1 posts

ok for me ceobert died in the church i finished upto the river then nothing. carried him outside church dropped him there went back to river were ivarr was went afk with game running was about to reload and go back 10 hours when the next part just poped up

• fatblokekev
    54 posts

@ramhog2009 I tried leaving Ceolbert in the river for 24 hours..... No difference. It is absolutely ridiculous that we have heard nothing at all from the Mods since 1st DECEMBER !!! There had better be SUBSTANTIAL compensation for this problem. The game is not of Merchandisable Quality.

• faimay
    2 posts

I am unable to progress with the war weary quest. It does nothing after Ceolbert is killed. It gives no prompts whatsoever. Also, all the enemies have disappeared if I try to do something else in England. All of my 70 hours of gameplay has gone to waste. I play on PS4 and the game has crashed so many times already. It also froze my ps4. Ubosift needs to get its act together and release games only after thorough quality control has been done.

@cade4444 same happened with me, so annoying

• faimay
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Bushwickedly
    109 posts

@geriwald I believe you need to get the horse beyond the invisible barrier. Your "climb up button" when trying to grab a ledge, if pressed when on the horse and running full speed, on certain terrain (like smaller boulders) should force the horse to jump. Can be used to jump off cliffs while on the horse, though not 100% perfect (WHY games with horses refuse to add legit jump buttons is beyond frustrating) and might need a couple tries.

I know you can get the downed king in the same quest arc out off the castle and off the drawbridge area with him on the horse. W/o the horse, you can't do anything with him except drop him on the bridge. This is before talking to Ivarr but after Ivarr fights the king. I left the king outside 250m away seeing if I could save him for what was inevitably coming next. Since I couldn't get him back to the castle, I just went ahead and talked to Ivarr. Quest updated and respawned the king inside the castle. Quest wasn't bugged, was just trying something out, but it definitely reset the king regardless. Should work for Ceolbert I'm guessing, but he needs set down beyond the barrier and not before it.

• SEV--1207
    22 posts

@ubi-smash how does something like this get left unresolved for this long. The game is unplayable for loads of people and needs an urgent fix

@ubi-woofer the amount of bugs in this game is awful. Paid 60 for game which pretty much still in development. Game breaking bugs still in the game making it unplayable and you cant even give us a ETA to when itll be fixed. What's happening ubisoft?!

@fatblokekev its ridiculous, I know it takes time to fix things this big but they were quick enough to release the game and take money but csnt be bothered to keep fans in the loop. I doubt any fixes will allow people to continue from where they left of, really gutted.

• SEV--1207
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SEV--1207
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1110 posts

Hello everyone, just dropping in to answer the questions posted since my last update. The issue with "War Weary" remains under investigation by the developers at the moment, and as soon as I receive an update regarding a fix and/or a possible implementation date, I'll let you know. It would be appreciated if any further save files or videos could be submitted, so that we can keep the developers up-to-date on the impact of the issue. Thank you all for your continued patience and understanding in the meantime. 🙂

@zkittle06 I understand your concern! Rest assured that I'll communicate further details as soon as they become available.

@guest-rIs8h06S When bugs are fixed, the fix is normally applied to the game itself, not to individual accounts - so it should prevent it from happening to anyone else if they reach the same point of the story afterward. If of course players continue to experience the issue after a fix is deployed, we would reopen the investigation 🙂

@Geriwald Thank you for submitting your save files and system reports in case 13480685! I have collected these and submitted them to the developers now. Please continue to check back here for updates on the investigation.

@fatblokekev We will keep you updated as regularly as we can; rest assured of that. We may not be able to reply daily however we will reply as soon as there is a need or we have some news to share. In terms of starting the game afresh - if you don't have a save to reload to, then this is an option you do have the option to take. Sticking close to Ceolbert and ensuring he isn't killed will allow you to progress. I don't have any information about a confirmed fix as yet.

@gt2point0 Thanks for sharing this workaround concept! Could you perhaps share a video of this so that we can better understand how it works?

@donnalynn2003 I looked on your account and found case 13435678 - in it I saw that my colleague had requested additional information from you, including images / a video showing the issue, so would you be able to update your case with the requested information? 🙂 They automatically close after four days if we receive no response, but if you do reply the case then reopens, so it's no issue at all for us to pick up where we left off!

@JimmyJoe70 I checked your support case 13499115 but could not see any images or other resources attached. Would you be able to provide an image or short video clip demonstrating the issue, as well as a description of the troubleshooting you've attempted?

@baughmr I checked your support case 13508164 as well and could not see any images or video clips attached demonstrating the issue. Would it be possible for you to provide one?

@SEV-1207 As soon as I know more, I'll be sure to share it. Thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics