Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DAMiANL2
    1 posts

After clearing out soldiers in front of church..it leaves me with nothing to do. Quest is still highlighted but I can’t continue the story.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • guest-gy06g158
    4 posts

Managed to find a previous save file that wasn't 20 hours in the past (only 2 hours). Stuck with Ceolbert throughout the quest and saved his [censored] nuerous times. He managed to get knocked down and i quickly revived him in the river. Sorted for the moment but would advise anyone to manual save every 30 mins to make sure you don't lose much progress and as I simply cannot trust this game.

• fatblokekev
    54 posts

@guest-gy06g158 Well done you 🙂

Still waiting for some sort of response from Ubisoft. Bad form really.

• guest-9dUNTYeF
    6 posts

I am unable to progress through this quest as Ceolburt has been killed and now I'm stuck and do not have a previous save as I've completed a huge number of hours on other quests since this.

• guest-SnfkEyiP
    3 posts

Have the same, I even dont see body of Ceolbert, game stuck, so annoying

• ND-Legend896
    1 posts

@ubiexcellent 13457874. Thank you!

• guest-SnfkEyiP
    3 posts

Have the same, I slowly lose interesting of this game because of that, 4 days i cannot do nothing

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report your experiences of this issue with "War Weary" here on the forums. As far as I understand it, it seems that the common factor in all reports is Ceolbert's death, as this prevents progress after the battle at the river if not before. As such, I've brought together as many reports of the issue as I could find into this megathread and renamed it with this in mind. I will continue to merge other threads I find that mention it into this one, so I do apologise if any existing conversations are disrupted or appear disjointed.

I would first like to thank fatblokekev, Shunkh, Worvert, HoXK92 and UrsusFlambat for creating cases as requested by my colleague UbiExcellent and submitting their save files (and in Shunkh's case, system files as well!) for further investigation. Your help is incredibly valuable to us and is much appreciated. I've submitted all of the submitted files forward to the devs now in case they can be of help to them in investigating this issue further. GicaDeLaBar and ND-Legend896, I saw that you both also posted case numbers but there were no attached files in either. If you intended to attach some files, please try again to do so and let me know when they're there so I can send them over to the devs as well!

As far as I can tell from the existing investigation, a fix may already be in the works, but I'll need to confirm this and update you all at a later point. Once I have any further information to share, I'll let you know! Thank you all for your patience and understanding in the meantime. 🙂

Official Response
  • zkittle06
    5 posts

Hi, I’m about 50 hours in or so, and the first part of the war weary quest is broken, I’ve gone back and tried to restart the beginning with the exclusive quest save, but it still does the same thing. I fight off all the britons with Ivarr, head down to the river, fight more. The quest updates, but there are no words underneath “war weary” in the tracker. And if I open the quest log, it still says the same thing about negotiations. I read on a walkthrough that I’m supposed to talk to the bishop, but there’s no way to speak to him to progress the story. As I had a similar experience in Oxenfordescire where it didn’t update to meet up with Fulke, and was able to look up where she was and progress the story. Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed? Or a fix to it? I can’t really do anything else except wait for it.

• zkittle06
    5 posts

Hi, I’m stuck on the first part of the war weary quest. I’ve restarted the quest several times, but it basically updates after clearing out the britons to not say anything, and the bishop won’t speak to me.

• guest-9dUNTYeF
    6 posts

Same thing happened to me and I cannot progress - so frustrating and I don't have any previous saves to go back to either as I went and completed the Vinland saga thinking the game would correct itself. Currently stuck and not playing it at the moment. A patch or fix is needed asap.

• bubs1985
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer any idea of a time frame as I haven't been able to play the game for 5 days now due to this bug.

• guest-9dUNTYeF
    6 posts

@ubi-smash Hopefully you can create a suitable fix asap as I am currently not able to really progress any further and am not playing the game as a result.

• UbiT00n
    Community Representative 73 posts

@zkittle06 Hey!
    This is something that our teams are currently investigating. This seems to happen if Ceolbert has been killed.
    Thanks for the report.

Official Response
  • fatblokekev
    54 posts

Same position here - you can only play so much Orlog.!

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@bubs1985 As I stated in my previous post, for the moment I don't have confirmation of the planned fix, so consequently I have no ETA for its implementation either. As soon as I know, and can confirm this, you and everyone else will know too 🙂

@fatblokekev Nay! You can never play too much Orlog! (I understand and will update everyone as soon as I can.)

Official Response
  • gagapokito
    1 posts

@zkittle06 that happened the same with me, i went to york continue the main story after the river’s battle, i try everything, reinstalled the game, fast travel, change eivor, go back to animus, nothing it works

• zkittle06
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • zkittle06
    5 posts

@ubi-woofer this is pretty game breaking for a lot of people that paid a pretty premium game that’s running like it’s still in EA.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics