Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Cynister69
    2 posts

When I start War Weary questline, I arrive at the longhouse to find Ceolbert and Ivarr wrestling. After dialogue sequence, Ceolbert falls down dead. Ivarr is scripted to follow him, so he runs back into the longhouse and stands over his dead body. I have tried carrying him outside and putting him on my horse to carry him to the church to load next sequence, but it does not work.

• Cynister69
    2 posts

Ceolbert died VERY early in my game. When I visited the longhouse in my settlement, he was my guest there and he just lays on the ground dead. When there was dialogue, he stood up, delivered his dialogue and died again. When I go to do the War Weary quest, I enter the longhouse where he and Ivarr are fighting. Ceolbert flies off of Ivarr (dying) then the dialogie begins. After the dialogue, we are supposed to be outside together to mount our horses and ride to the church, but no Ceolbert! Ivarr runs inside (because he's scripted to follow him) and he is laying on the ground, dead. I tried throwing him on my horse and running him down to the church, throwing the body off map to reset, and numerous other things. The 0.1.0 Update did NOTHING to fix this. An NPC that should be unkillable until the Ivarr assassination flag, literally laying around dead and breaking the game is an absolutely ridiculous error in programming. I have invested thousands into this series and hundreds into this game specifically and am sorely disappointed. I cannot progress until this is fixed and frankly I have lost interest in doing so. I have invested over 120 hours into this playthrough and have 0 interest in 'starting over.' This is probably the most boring and disappointing storyline I have ever encountered in this entire series. I just wish to finish the game.

• Hzsdfvjz
    1 posts

Last night I ran into this and am stuck. Fortunately, a patch came out today. Unfortunately, it did nothing to fix this issue. I am still stuck. Going through older saves now to find one that doesn't lose too much time. Argh. This is the second game breaking issue I have had, the first being stuck in Asgard with no way out. I have tried to carry Ceolbert's body outside the mission area and reload, which seems to have worked for some, but no luck.

• thothomasd
    5 posts

Hello , sorry if you not really good understand im french. On the last mission of the alliance with ceolbert father , im on my horse with ceolbert but ceolbert fell of my horses and die 😕 . Im like nevermind i carry him, put on my horse and continue to the objectif point . Once arrived to the objectif point ( ceolbert still dead on my horse) cutscene start and i see ceolbert alive ( in the cinematique) quest finish alliance concluded happy everything lol . Maybe 4 or 5 day after i start the quest war weary, find the longue house with my crow, go in the longhouse , see ivar and ceolbert fight , i approch a little to him and see ceolbert fell on the ground , cutscene start but when the cutscene finish ceolbert is still on the ground i have top left of my screen the quest name but no objectif cause i need to follow ceolbert on the church but ceolbert is dead . If i put ceolbert on my horse ivar follow me so i say i guess i just need to go on the church and cutscene start but nothing happen . Some peopl say this bug only happen if ceolbert is dead . So i guess im going to restart a new game and be very carefuly when i have any ceolbert quest, not easy but i think we just need to protect ceolbert every time is with us and if he die load other save . Love ubisoft and assassin's creed game but is shameful

• VayateMerrick
    3 posts

Honestly at this point, I have given up on Assassins Creed: Valhalla. It was a beautiful game, had a lotta fun with it but after 50 something hours in and being left at this state for so many weeks now as I reported on the 20th I believe? I have zero interest in the game. I stopped looking at videos about it even though I still let them play to support people like Arekkz and such, but in general I am not enthused to go back to Valhalla at any point. I moved on to the second Nioh DlC for Nioh 2, even Cyberpunk on my PC. I would suggest the rest of you find other games to play or pass the time with rather then wait on Ubisoft to fix something. Two patches have been released since this and other problems came up and the fact that this one was left unaddressed is baffling. I am unsure why a quest reset function doesnt exist, as it should be as simple as unflagging quest flags from a command. Maybe when the patch comes out that actually fixes this issue, I'll come back to it. However, if it wasnt for a video that had talked about the patch today on my youtube feed I would have completely forgotten about this game as I haven't checked the forum since 11/29. Best I can suggest to the rest of you is to come to terms with the lack of traction and move on.

• BloodiAbstract
    4 posts

I sent a support case in for this bug. We can't progress in the game because of this which is quite frustrating. Eivor isn't mad at Ubisoft for not fixing this glitch yet, but he is very disappointed.

• BUDDHAAF23
    1 posts

Hey, so I'm on the War weary mission and first off after the battle in the river there is no objective is show what to do next. Secondly I keep getting these problems where I would be walking or riding my house and something would be blocking path or open field it's invisible so I don't know whats going on. Another bug that I found is that I can't fast travel anymore like even If I'm not in combat or mission it doesn't allow me.

• SEV--1207
    22 posts

@fatblokekev it didn't work at all??

• SEV--1207
    22 posts

@ubi-woofer my dude what exactly was this update meant to do apart from annoying everyone?
    Maybe a few answers from you would help calm people down if not dont worry it's not like it's your job or anything

• fatblokekev
    54 posts

@sev-1207 Nothing at all - no difference.

• MTapio
    2 posts

Noticed the same. This patch did not fix the problem. All the short cuts in the map are marked unavailable and it is even impossible to access the area.
    Impossible to continue the game story. PC version.

• guest-wuVeBOuO
    1 posts

Update made Ceolbert turn his side in longhouse,but still stiff as a icepick.
    Now i can carry him.Took him to Cathedral but nothing.
    Good game but dem bugs man ..

• AirJordan73
    2 posts

The fact that NPCs needed for questlines are not flagged as essential is just mind blowing. Skyrim has it, World of Warcraft makes it impossible to kill NPCs, even Destiny makes it impossible to kill NPCs. Yet somehow, Assassins Creed, a very well known title DOES NOT. Worst yet? We, the loyal playerbase who spend our hard earned money on a game to support a franchise we enjoy get nothing. We can't progress unless we somehow foresaw every bug and saved after every quest or at the start of every alliance questline. But because a few lucky people haven't had issues, we get left to start over after countless hours or to just move on and play other games. Glad to know Ubisoft has given us the middle finger and has no issues taking our money for a broken product. But don't worry everyone, the Yuletide event will let us earn awesome items 😄

Officially done with Ubisoft at this point. Done with Assassins Creed, and done caring. I'll wait for God of War on PS5 and play Cyberpunk or Godfall. Thanks for nothing Ubisoft and see ya'll later maybe if this game gets fixed and becomes playable ill play again. Until then, im out

• guest-NBzMj7KF
    1 posts

Cant progress still. Unable to return to Quatford after leaving the war weary quest to do something else. Fast travel doesnt work anymore.

• guest-wzNrl7SI
    3 posts

After killing all soldiers in the river in war weary the game doesnt continu.
    i cant leave the area because i walk into a wall like the gameborders

• guest-wzNrl7SI
    3 posts

@guest-wznrl7si
    after clearing out the river, the quest is updating but nothing happend

• Xtrahuge
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • MasterHannibal
    2 posts

After new update (1.1.0) Ceolbert still dies at the beginning of the mission when he rumbles with Ivar. Please fix this!!

• MasterHannibal
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ktd
    7 posts

@Ubi-woofer We need to be able to reset War Weary at least. You seem to not having a clue how to fix the issue so make us an option to reset and start over this quest.

Suggested Topics