Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Cade4444
    6 posts

@ursusflambat
    I was lucky and did a manual save right before I pledged to sciopscire.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts
    Best Answer

@b4st0un3 Thank you so much for sharing these video clips here! I'm happy to say that this issue with not being able to progress in "War Weary" due to Ceolbert being dead will be fixed in a future patch! The teams will share more detailed information about when this patch will go live on the game's official website, so please check here for specifics.

Official Response
  • guest-gy06g158
    4 posts

Hi folks. Can't seem to advance on the "war weary" quest. Ceolbert dies in a fight in the cathedral (not supposed to happen) then when I clear out all the enemies at the river there is no other way to advance further in the quest?? Anyone else have this problem? I could potentially lose 20+ hours of gameplay if I reload another save. HELP. Playing on xbox series X

• guest-gy06g158
    4 posts

@lycaionkc hi, came across this problem yesterday too. Playing on xbox series x. Very frustrating! Not sure how ubisoft will fix this one.... My last manual save was 20hrs before this dumb quest!

• Studman5975
    1 posts

Colbert must live through the battle or it will glitch and you won’t be able to finish the quest, use a save before War weary quest or your maual save, either way you have to go back, there is no way forward if Colbert dies.

• Slashum
    2 posts

Same problem here. I'm lucky that I "Save now, save often", so I can go back to start again.
    However, I did wait a bunch of time trying to figure out how to progress further. I went back to the church and nobody talked to me, so I thought I missed something. Ran around the village and went back to the river (where the second battle was) and was baffled. I finally gave up and goggled the quest and noticed that it was a bug. Important NPCs should not be able to die !!! If they can die, then it should say "Mission failed" and start the battle over again. Ubisoft should not be making basic mistakes like this. It's sad.

• Silvayn
    4 posts

Playing on Xbox S/X - Same issue here. I continued to complete Jorvik region, hoping it would fix itself. I also completed the fist major story in Asgard. Went back to War Weary mission and still the same problem. No mission marker and can't speak to the Bishop.

I'm hoping they update the game with another patch. It's pointless me continuing the game. I also have the issue of no enemies at raid locations. This is a problem as some of them require keys to unlock and only enemies have them. Plus no fun at all just running around on an empty map.

I've filed a support message and spoke to them on live chat just now. They told me,
    "The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it. Once additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum"https://discussions.ubisoft.com

• SammieRae2911
    3 posts

Same thing happened to me about 3 days ago. I tried reloading from a previous save at the beginning of the battle thinking it would reset somehow. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I was unaware that the glitch had to do with Ceolberts death or I might have tried to fix it. I finally just gave up and progressed through the game as much as I could, but currently at a stand still as I've completed all the other alliances and Vinland. Theres nothing left for me to do now but wait until they fix it. Also I notice I can't meditate now as the game probably thinks I'm still engaged in battle at Quatwood. Therefore, I couldn't complete the Sciropescire alliance because you have to mediate in one of the quest for it to progress. Also, since this glitch, there are absolutely no enemies at any raids or camps not associated with an active quest. Very strange. I've taken advantage though and looted the hardest ones. I miss the game play, but it's easy loot, and I've upgraded my camp, so ha!

• Shunkh
    2 posts

Happened the same to me today. Ceolbert got killed by my fire (on an enemy corpse) and mission got bugged and my last save is one day ago or more.

Current save is totally broken. Autosaves are broken too, even the cloud ones. Tried to move away, change map, nothing worked.

Please support, fix it. It totally breaks a save.

• fatblokekev
    51 posts

Same here - stuck until a patch 😞

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hey folks! I'm extremely sorry for the difficulties caused by this bug, especially for those of you that are unable to reload a previous save file before Ceolbert's death as a temporary workaround. In order for our teams to investigate this issue further, please submit your save files to our technical support teams via our Support website. Once you've done this, please share your case numbers here.

Official Response
  • fatblokekev
    51 posts

You are not allowed to add files as save files. My case number is 13448952.

• Shunkh
    2 posts

@ubiexcellent Support ticket sent with zipped saves.

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Cases/13449154

- ACV[EpisodeSave01].save => Ceolbert is already dead before getting out of the building to battle enemy forces. You can continue the quest until the river, when the quest stops and you realise your save is broken.

- ACV[ManualSave13].save (same as autosave) => Combat on the river has finished. Save is broken as I got outside the combat zone and can't enter anymore.

I Hope it helps.

Thanks for your help

• GicaDeLaBar
    3 posts
  • Worvert
    4 posts

@UbiExcellent Submitted case no. 13449208

Thanks!

• fatblokekev
    51 posts

@fatblokekev

.RAR file submitted

• SILYAYD
    1 posts

After completing the quest objective of clearing out the town of enemies, no new quest objective appears. Can't proceed with the quest.

• garytbyrne
    1 posts

Same bug too! The oldest save i have is when they break down the door. Killed all soilders outside church and down at the river......then nothing! Tried going to different locations, trying different quests but nothing working. Really don't want to start again! This is not the first thing wrong with the game. Its shut down on numerous occasions, I've been stuck in a wall and my horse and me have somehow fallen through the floor on the loading screen!!! I've played all the AC games and was rely looking forward to this one, but the glitches and errors are starting to make me hate the game

• HoXK92
    2 posts

@ubiexcellent case file 13450058

• Humansmoke1
    4 posts

After leaving the church and fighting my way to the river I can’t progress from there. Doesn’t tell me where to go or who to talk on on the screen or in the quest log. Decided to move on after several attempts to retry mission with the same result happening time after time. Went on to another part of the story and completed it. Went back to the alliance map and chose sciropescire. And it appears to be still stuck on war weary. Please fix otherwise it seems like I won’t be able to complete game which would be a deviation.

• Silvayn
    4 posts

Can't find where to download my save files but hoping they can fix this from all the others that have submitted theirs...

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics