Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Rachel280990
    24 posts

@ubiexcellent

thank you so much

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has been resolved for you following TU 1.2.1, @guest-zXmOc8i1 😄

Has this issue been resolved for anyone else? I've checked on the investigation and the development team is still taking a closer look at this issue. I've reached out to them for an update. If anyone else is able to confirm that Sunniva is now alive for them, I'll pass this information along for a closer look.

@Tdunbug2010 - I'm sorry to hear you're unable to proceed in "Scorched Earth." I would recommend opening a new thread about this, as it is a different quest to "Under the Skin." Please include a video that shows you're unable to interact with Soma as she's dead. We can then pass this on for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@rachel280990 Of course! I'm happy to keep everyone here updated to the best of my ability. 😊

Official Response
  • GreenTea13121
    41 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Rachel280990
    24 posts

I can understand everyone’s frustration, I too am very frustrated!! But we have to understand the fact that this may take months to fix. This is not the only problem that’s occurring, therefore they have immense pressure to fix numerous problems. I know this must be very difficult for these guys to recognise the on going problems with the game and having to fix all the issues the game has. All we know now is that they are fixing this problem, we have to be patient, they’re doing their best.

I respect you guys so much!! It must be so frustrating, all these problems that need fixing. You guys really work hard at what you do. Let’s all just leave them to it, they will let us know when it’s fixed. One day we will log onto our consoles and see an update.🙌🏻

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hey everyone,

I've formally converted this thread to our "megathread" format (to be honest I thought I had already done this a long time ago - I'm very sorry!) and have added it to the Reported Issues List. We'll continue to update you on the progress of the developers' investigation as and when they have news for us. I apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime, and would encourage any players on PC or PS4 to send over your save files to us in a support case or via Live Chat, for us to pass to the developers. These are integral to their investigation and are much appreciated! 🙂

@GreenTea13121 - Are you still seeing two of Sunniva at present in-game - one dead, and one living, whom you believe to have been "left over" (so to speak) from the Yule Festival? With regard to the cutscenes, if you do have two of her, it may detect her as "present" in the settlement and as such involve her in the feast activities. I can't be sure of this, though. Finally, I think you must be the only player I've seen saying they miss the Mari Lwyd cloak! If you want to enjoy it again, you can always return to Glowecestrescire - it'll stay on for as long as you're there 😛

@death_wing05 - We have no confirmation of a fix for this issue as yet, so I cannot speculate as to when a fix may be implemented. Please rest assured however that the developers are investigating this issue at present and are committed to finding a fix if they can. They are looking at multiple issues at the same time, so do not worry that this one is being overlooked. 🙂

@Rachel280990 - Do you have a laptop or any devices with a USB capability? Unfortunately if you are unable to transfer the files from your console to a computer, you'll be unable to submit them to us. I really appreciate you asking about this though and trying to help us, even if you're unable to submit the files. 🙂

Official Response
  • Rachel280990
    24 posts

@ubi-woofer
    unfortunately I do not😪what does this mean for me?

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

@ubi-woofer
    I honestly have no idea where the living Sunniva came from, I just know she's there hanging out Ravensthorpe, alive and well. (While the one at Odin's Rest is still very dead.) 🤷
    and thanks for the tip about the cloak. I know it's a glitch, but it honestly makes every cut scene hilarious and I love it. Those are the sort of bugs that I love these games for 😆

and thank you very much for adding this to the list of problems 😄

I tried going Glowecestrescire to get the Mari Lwyd cloak back, didn't work. Oh well, at least you guys know this glitch is fixed? At least it's fixed for me 😢

If anyone knows how I can trigger this bug again (I've already finished everything here, so I can't go trick or treating) I would really love it, because it's seriously keeping me in good spirits during the game because it's just too hilarious. It makes every cut scene 100% better, lol 🤣

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • WSU2011Raider
    1 posts

Under the skin glitch on mine too.

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

Day 34258762478045 of Sunniva being dead.

I attempted an ancient ritual to resurrect her....
    undefined
    it didn't work 😢

Also, I've noticed that I can't knock out or kill any NPCs in this area or the near by town. (Got the dead bandits from the nearby bandit hideout) I thought that was odd.
    Would have been nice if this applied to Sunniva back before all of this happened..... oh well.

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

Update : it seems my ancient ritual may have unintentionally 'risen' some NPCs..... but not back to life.... just into the sky where they are now stuck. There are about 5 dead NPCs just chilling out in the sky 🤣

undefinedundefinedundefined

And here's a video of one of the NPCs on her way to join the others in the sky 🤣

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

Ok, turns out every time I meditate over Sunniva new dead NPCs join the others in the sky. I've lost count of how many are up there now 🤣

undefined

Well, I guess I did mange to get some NPCs to 'rise', even if it wasn't the way I had intended.... 🤣

• death_wing05
    8 posts

Soooooooooo got the new update decent work guys love it but yea kinda see that the one person stopping me and legitly stopping me from progressing in the game from the main story line is well ya know, alive but dead on the mountain..... so I don't know if this a actual forum to discuss the bugs and all that from happening but I see there's no progress. I honestly see no hope of this changing anytime soon it was reported back in November and its February 2021..... can I just get a refund now? Im just all around disappointed and just want to say screw it.

• Kormac67
    571 posts

@greentea13121 Sunniva appeared in the river raid start. Did you see her there?

• Rachel280990
    24 posts

@death_wing05
    I feel ya☹

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@Rachel280990 - If you cannot submit your own files, we will need to wait for further files from other affected players in order to pass these to the developers. I'm afraid it's a case of waiting - thank you very much for your patience!

@WSU2011Raider - Which platform do you play Valhalla on? If PC or PS4, would you be able to submit your save files to us in a support case or via Live Chat?

@GreenTea13121 - In Glowecestrescire you should find that when you don your disguise, the Mari Lwyd outfit appears on top. With any luck, for as long as you are in disguise, the cloak and hood will stay visible no matter where you are. (It will be removed when you remove your disguise). If that doesn't work, I'm sorry! I tried my best to help bring its glory back to you 😢

As for your ancient ritual to resurrect Sunniva... what a peculiar outcome! I'm not sure how relevant or interesting the developers will find it in connection to the issue with Sunniva, however I'm going to report this anyway! I'm trying to imagine what would happen when those bodies just fall, and maybe land on your head 👀

@death_wing05 - You are in the Player Support forum, which is where agents such as myself will try to help with any issues you may be experiencing with Valhalla. 🙂 If playing on PC or PS4, would you be able to submit your save files to us in a support case or via Live Chat? In terms of a refund, you can also request one in the case that you open if you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store, however we are unable to assist with any requests made for copies of the game purchased from external retailers. You'd need to speak to your appropriate retailer directly.

Official Response
  • death_wing05
    8 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Ok im on the ps4 how do I send a save file right now im working with my phone

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

@ubi-woofer
    lol, thanks for trying to bring it's glory back to me, but even when I put the disguise on it's just the normal cloak that I have equipped. But like I said, at least you guys know this bug is fixed? 🤷😆

But back to the topic at hand, I have downloaded the new patch and Sunniva is still dead... or more accurately, the Sunniva at Odin's Rest is still dead, the one at Ravensthorpe Settlement is still alive. In fact she even had a cut scene for the river raiding

undefined

Sunniva, why do you taught me? 😢

• Rachel280990
    24 posts

@ubi-woofer

of course, thank you so much for your help. I’m always checking for new updates, it’s all cool 😎

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

Day 363763567 of Sunniva being dead, or at least the Sunniva for "Under the Skin" quest being dead. The one at my settlement is alive and walking around like it isn't a big deal. 🤷

I've been trying to stay spoiler free for everything that happens after this point, but I haven't been hearing great things about the ending and I am starting to wonder if I even want to finish this game.
    I hear some unlikable characters are still alive while other likable characters die (not a surprise with the AC series) and it's basically a cliff hanger ending that basically says "BUY OUR DLC!" (I bought the version of the game that came with the season pass, so I don't have to shell out more money for the actual ending of this game)
    *sigh* well, I really have never liked the story of AC at all, so much betrayal and the game trying to get you to like characters only to have them get betrayed horribly and / or killed off. (or turning characters like Jacob into Jack the Ripper. WHY?!) Really, at this point in these games every character I meet I always ask "So, when are you going to betray me or die horribly?" and 9/10 times they do.
    So why do I play the AC games? I actually like the game play itself a lot, just not the plot in general. Maybe that's why I actually liked Odyssey, because I ignored the plot as much as I could and just concentrated on playing the game as wrong as possible. For example, did you like you can burn NPCs to death with the torch if you throw enough of them? (Yes, it takes a while. Yes, it's worth it) Did you know that Ikaros can remote kill enemy NPCs (with enough patience) and said NPC will have NO idea where you are at? (Too bad I haven't been able to find anything as hilarious in Valhalla. Actually Valhalla seemed to actively 'fix' these 'issues' by not even giving Synin the ability to distract without having to waste adrenaline points. booo, that was my favorite way of stealth killing.)

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics