Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Rachel280990
    24 posts

@death_wing05
    I feel ya☹

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1911 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has been resolved for you following TU 1.2.1, @guest-zXmOc8i1 😄

Has this issue been resolved for anyone else? I've checked on the investigation and the development team is still taking a closer look at this issue. I've reached out to them for an update. If anyone else is able to confirm that Sunniva is now alive for them, I'll pass this information along for a closer look.

@Tdunbug2010 - I'm sorry to hear you're unable to proceed in "Scorched Earth." I would recommend opening a new thread about this, as it is a different quest to "Under the Skin." Please include a video that shows you're unable to interact with Soma as she's dead. We can then pass this on for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@Rachel280990 - If you cannot submit your own files, we will need to wait for further files from other affected players in order to pass these to the developers. I'm afraid it's a case of waiting - thank you very much for your patience!

@WSU2011Raider - Which platform do you play Valhalla on? If PC or PS4, would you be able to submit your save files to us in a support case or via Live Chat?

@GreenTea13121 - In Glowecestrescire you should find that when you don your disguise, the Mari Lwyd outfit appears on top. With any luck, for as long as you are in disguise, the cloak and hood will stay visible no matter where you are. (It will be removed when you remove your disguise). If that doesn't work, I'm sorry! I tried my best to help bring its glory back to you 😢

As for your ancient ritual to resurrect Sunniva... what a peculiar outcome! I'm not sure how relevant or interesting the developers will find it in connection to the issue with Sunniva, however I'm going to report this anyway! I'm trying to imagine what would happen when those bodies just fall, and maybe land on your head 👀

@death_wing05 - You are in the Player Support forum, which is where agents such as myself will try to help with any issues you may be experiencing with Valhalla. 🙂 If playing on PC or PS4, would you be able to submit your save files to us in a support case or via Live Chat? In terms of a refund, you can also request one in the case that you open if you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store, however we are unable to assist with any requests made for copies of the game purchased from external retailers. You'd need to speak to your appropriate retailer directly.

Official Response
  • death_wing05
    8 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Ok im on the ps4 how do I send a save file right now im working with my phone

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

@ubi-woofer
    lol, thanks for trying to bring it's glory back to me, but even when I put the disguise on it's just the normal cloak that I have equipped. But like I said, at least you guys know this bug is fixed? 🤷😆

But back to the topic at hand, I have downloaded the new patch and Sunniva is still dead... or more accurately, the Sunniva at Odin's Rest is still dead, the one at Ravensthorpe Settlement is still alive. In fact she even had a cut scene for the river raiding

undefined

Sunniva, why do you taught me? 😢

• Rachel280990
    24 posts

@ubi-woofer

of course, thank you so much for your help. I’m always checking for new updates, it’s all cool 😎

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

Day 363763567 of Sunniva being dead, or at least the Sunniva for "Under the Skin" quest being dead. The one at my settlement is alive and walking around like it isn't a big deal. 🤷

I've been trying to stay spoiler free for everything that happens after this point, but I haven't been hearing great things about the ending and I am starting to wonder if I even want to finish this game.
    I hear some unlikable characters are still alive while other likable characters die (not a surprise with the AC series) and it's basically a cliff hanger ending that basically says "BUY OUR DLC!" (I bought the version of the game that came with the season pass, so I don't have to shell out more money for the actual ending of this game)
    *sigh* well, I really have never liked the story of AC at all, so much betrayal and the game trying to get you to like characters only to have them get betrayed horribly and / or killed off. (or turning characters like Jacob into Jack the Ripper. WHY?!) Really, at this point in these games every character I meet I always ask "So, when are you going to betray me or die horribly?" and 9/10 times they do.
    So why do I play the AC games? I actually like the game play itself a lot, just not the plot in general. Maybe that's why I actually liked Odyssey, because I ignored the plot as much as I could and just concentrated on playing the game as wrong as possible. For example, did you like you can burn NPCs to death with the torch if you throw enough of them? (Yes, it takes a while. Yes, it's worth it) Did you know that Ikaros can remote kill enemy NPCs (with enough patience) and said NPC will have NO idea where you are at? (Too bad I haven't been able to find anything as hilarious in Valhalla. Actually Valhalla seemed to actively 'fix' these 'issues' by not even giving Synin the ability to distract without having to waste adrenaline points. booo, that was my favorite way of stealth killing.)

• Kormac67
    566 posts

@greentea13121 Probably best if you start anew.
    Make manual saves before each story arc so you can roll back if it goes downhill again.

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

@kormac67
    Yeah, I get that. But as I keep saying every time someone tells me to just go back before she died or start over, I don't want to. If I did I would have already done that. and yes, I know that if I don't that I will likely never be able to complete the game because it is really looking unlikely that the devs are ever going to fix this game breaking bug. (or if they do it might be a year or more)

• Rachel280990
    24 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • GreenTea13121
    41 posts

Sunniva still dead. Still can't complete the game and.... I'm actually starting to become ok with this because I have finally broke down and read spoilers and wow, this game..... I don't know what I was expecting, but, I don't think it was...

SPOILERS, don't read unless you want to get spoiled
    spoiler

spoiler

I... I don't even know. The more I read about where the story goes after this point (Under the Skin quest) the more I honestly hate the story.
    Why is it in ALL of these games, Kasandra in Odyssey having a nice meal with her family is the best and most happy ending in any of these games? (Even then there is more misery for her in the DLCs) I just.... is the goal of the people who write these games just to make everyone depressed? Because it's working!

*sigh* I just have to remind myself that I don't play for the story, I play because the game play is fun. Just gotta ignore the story as much as possible.... and since I've done everything aside from the last small bit of the game, I guess I'm done with it. I don't care if Sunniva stays dead forever at this point. I'm done.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Apologies for the delay, everyone! Currently, this issue is still being looked into. I'm beyond sorry that the only updates we can provide at this time have all been along the same vein, but I do want to let everyone know that we are still here, tracking this issue and looking out for updates that we can then share with you.

@death_wing05 We have steps on how to locate and attach these save files on this FAQ. If you have specific questions about the process, let me know!

@GreenTea13121 Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the game's ending and for keeping this thread updated with your latest findings regarding this issue with the "Under the Skin" Sunniva being dead. Just to reiterate what I posted above, I'll do my best to keep updating this thread as information is shared with us regarding a solution to this error, but I am sorry for any disappointment caused in the meantime.

Official Response
  • death_wing05
    8 posts

So hearing that there is a new update coming with the DLC coming out is there any chance of this issue being fixed in the release?

• Kormac67
    566 posts

@death_wing05 With dozens of severe bugs afflicting hundreds or more players? They wont look at such an issue probably.
    (they fixed issues nobody had in the past though so there is always a chance)

• death_wing05
    8 posts

@kormac67
    Yea I just looked at the patch notes and suvanna is still going to be dead on the mountain. It blows I mean she's alive in the cut scenes and all but im not going to be be able to finish the game. The fish took more priority. Couldn't they just reset the npc with the update? A hot fix at least? Idk, this just sucks ya know. Can't buy the dlc if I haven't even finished the game....

• Kormac67
    566 posts

@death_wing05 Make a New Game Minus. Only way to get it fixed. And this time drop a manual save before starting any arc.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1911 posts

Hello there!

The development team are still investigating Sunniva being dead in "Under the Skin" further, which is why it has not been included in TU 1.2.0. We apologise for any disappointment caused by this. Please be assured that the development team is still looking into this further. Once we have any new updates to share from the investigation, these will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • AMIR_HYBER138
    7 posts

@luxorianin Hello I have the same problem but for me sunniva is not dead she is not there at least you guys saw her body but for me I didn't see her in this location no quest object no quest character just nothing I pledge the sword into another location on the map6

• AMIR_HYBER138
    7 posts

@ubiexcellent I can upload my save file for you where I should upload it

• AMIR_HYBER138
    7 posts

@luxorianin
    Hello
    I'm not the ubisoft support staff I'm just a user but after two days of investigation I found out the problem is not the "under the skin " actually both "under the skin" and "Adoring Around "
    as you know to unlock the quest "Under the skin " you should complete two quests "Rowdy Riders " and "Adoring Around " I have noticed most of our problems is with the "Adoring Around" becuse I played the game again and I found out this problem dose not happen again if you complete the "Adoring Around" first then complete the "Rowdy Riders " I assume you guys received the under the skin after finishing the "Adoring Around"not the " Rowdy Riders"
    let me explain more understandable
    I Completed the "Rowdy Riders" first because it was closer to me I could do it easier becuse
    "Adoring Around" was a bit far so I completed the Rowdy Riders first then I went to the" Adoring Around" location ((Peak cave))I did the carin stones mine game then I talked to the Hermit then I received the under the skin quest as you know with the same problem like you guys no quest object I thought this problem happend because of the under the skin but I was WRONG I updated my game to the last version but it wasn't fix I tried every way possible reloading the saves also older saves but toady I thought what would happen if I play the Adoring Around first and the play Rowdy Riders I tried this and now it's fixes sunniva is not dead and the object appeared
    fortunately I had the save file from "Rowdy Riders" before playing the Adoring Around
    If you want to fix this problem by yourself you should finish the" Adoring Around" first then finish the "Rowdy Riders" just know this you shouldn't receive the quest "Under the skin" in the cave that's the problem
    Also know this there is problem with carin stone because the cutscene doesn't trigger after completing the carin stone mini game this only happens if you left the cave without completing the carin stone and complete another quest
    I hope that helps you out
    Game version 3.0.1 PS4

• AMIR_HYBER138
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Hello
    I'm not the ubisoft support staff I'm just a user but after two days of investigation I found out the problem is not the "under the skin " actually both "under the skin" and "Adoring Around "
    as you know to unlock the quest "Under the skin " you should complete two quests "Rowdy Riders " and "Adoring Around " I have noticed most of our problems is with the "Adoring Around" becuse I played the game again and I found out this problem dose not happen again if you complete the "Adoring Around" first then complete the "Rowdy Riders " I assume you guys received the under the skin after finishing the "Adoring Around"not the " Rowdy Riders"
    let me explain more understandable
    I Completed the "Rowdy Riders" first because it was closer to me I could do it easier becuse
    "Adoring Around" was a bit far so I completed the Rowdy Riders first then I went to the" Adoring Around" location ((Peak cave))I did the carin stones mine game then I talked to the Hermit then I received the under the skin quest as you know with the same problem like you guys no quest object I thought this problem happend because of the under the skin but I was WRONG I updated my game to the last version but it wasn't fix I tried every way possible reloading the saves also older saves but toady I thought what would happen if I play the Adoring Around first and the play Rowdy Riders I tried this and now it's fixes sunniva is not dead and the object appeared
    fortunately I had the save file from "Rowdy Riders" before playing the Adoring Around
    If you want to fix this problem by yourself you should finish the" Adoring Around" first then finish the "Rowdy Riders" just know this you shouldn't receive the quest "Under the skin" in the cave that's the problem
    Also know this there is problem with carin stone because the cutscene doesn't trigger after completing the carin stone mini game this only happens if you left the cave without completing the carin stone and complete another quest
    I hope that helps your investigation
    I can record a video or upload my saves files for you
    Game version 3.0.1 last version PS4 l

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics