Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Harry_Greers
    8 posts

Fun fact: I didn't have a single crash or buggy world event on PC. And I'm happy with my Ultimate edition.

Using excrement language would get your thread removed in most forums I know of, BTW. It's not about "what you say", but HOW you chose to say it.

• Gamesbroke2020
    Original poster 14 posts

@netspook dont think I can post the picture of it but I'd be happy to email it to you if you like.

• Gamesbroke2020
    Original poster 14 posts

@harry_greers I'm sorry I dont appreciate being sold a broken butt game. And I dont see the language as being a problem especially when it's a rated M game I'm discussing. If they are so opposed to swearing why does Evor use foul language? It would be different if I was in a forum for Elmo's alphabet adventure. This is about assassins creed where you can literally bury an axe in someone's head and leave him propped up on it. But no the people who play that game cant use mean words to describe it in its dedicated forum.

• Gamesbroke2020
    Original poster 14 posts

@harry_greers it literally censored [censored]

• JCar4327
    598 posts

@gamesbroke2020 Yeah, the censor is stupid cause it censored [censored] but I can say [censored] all I want.

• Gamesbroke2020
    Original poster 14 posts

@jcar4327 that's hilarious that extra "ty" makes all the difference smh

• Harry_Greers
    8 posts

@gamesbroke2020 The GAME might be rated M, the FORUM is not.

• Gamesbroke2020
    Original poster 14 posts

@harry_greers whatever dude, I just spent 5 mins scrolling the general discussion threads and found plenty of swearing including in the title of threads. None were as critical as my post. I'd be willing to bet you any money that if I had of said "this game is [censored] awesome" they wouldn't have had a problem.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello all. For transparency, it was I who removed the previous post and gave Gamesbroke2020 permission to repost it on the provision that the excessive swearing / profanities were removed. We do accept and appreciate all feedback, good or bad, but we do have to also ensure anything posted on these forums follows our forum rules.

Speaking of the forum rules - bypassing our language filter in any way is as punishable as writing the censored term itself. If you notice that the filter fails to a censor a word / phrase that should be covered by it, please report this to us in the Forum Feedback section. It is not intended that some words slip through, and where they are seen, they will be manually censored. I apologise to anyone who may witness offensive language in the interrim.

@Gamesbroke2020 Do not share a screenshot of the message I removed here, as this is equal to the same breach of the forum rules I previously warned you for. As for the language you use, it will be censored regardless of whether it is used in promotion or criticism of our game(s). The language itself is what is unacceptable not how you use it in this context, though of course if you're using it in an unacceptable manner, this won't be tolerated. 🙂

Official Response
  • Netspook
    261 posts
    @harry_greers whatever dude, I just spent 5 mins scrolling the general discussion threads and found plenty of swearing including in the title of threads. None were as critical as my post. I'd be willing to bet you any money that if I had of said "this game is [censored] awesome" they wouldn't have had a problem.

@Gamesbroke2020
    I've written quite a few critical posts, but did so without all all that swearing and profanity. Not a single one of them has been deleted, as far as I know.

And now we have official proof that the deleted post and the repost isn't the same, exactly as I said.

The sad part of this story, imo, is that we need you to write critical posts - we need that everyone do that, to increase the chance of them fixing the game. But if you can't do that without swearing/profanity, no one will take you seriously, especially not Ubi.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics