Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FillyFae
    Original poster 8 posts

I bought the Huldufolk armour having no idea it has this really annoying smoking effect. The armour cost 120 opals and now that I've bought it I cant get rid of it. I went back 4 saves and it's still there and now feel those opals were completely wasted.

I love the armour but the smoking effect is super distracting. Please give us the option to disable these effects.

Thank you!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@FillyFae Thank you for the feedback, we're sorry to hear you're not liking the effects on that set.

Opal purchases cannot be reversed, they are permanent once made and are then on the account.

We can certainly pass your feedback around this effect to the team.

Official Response
  • mattmotion
    1 posts

@ubi-baron I 100% agree. Very odd effect. So many other wonderful customization options to increase immersement, and then this weird sputtering smoke. Please allow armor FX to be disabled.

• Lucrass
    1 posts

Yes please! I haven't purchased the armor because I noticed it had that smoke effect. It looks absolutely wonderful, but I don't want any immersion breaking effects to ruin cutscenes. Which is the biggest complaint most players have about the armor. Please consider adding an option that removes armor visual effects.

• jourdihn
    1 posts

@ubi-baron Yes please pass this message along! This armour set is incredible, but I really regret getting it now and wish I could get my opals and helix credits back. Some players might like it, but for me it just breaks the immersion.

Edit:
    Here’s some other people on reddit who also dislike the vfx:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/k1fnuo/smoke_effects_on_the_huldufolk_set/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

https://www.reddit.com/r/AssassinsCreedValhala/comments/jz730c/remove_huldufolk_set_smoke_effects/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• SilkySil
    1 posts

@ubi-baron yes, please let us disable the effect! I bought the armor in the store a couple days after launch without noticing the effect and haven’t touched it since I did. Which is really annoying, since I paid real money for it and it looks absolutely awesome if it wasn’t smoking/steaming/whatever that’s supposed to be.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@fillyfae

i think the shop is very poorly made, they wont even allow you a preview to see what you would actually from your opals.

same problem when changing your horse at the stables or your ship, you cant turn anything around and in those previews its basically pitch dark as well

• Pandagremlin
    1 posts

The smoke effect really kills it for me too. Shame because it's the best looking armor in the game. Maybe the smoke should be only visible when the bonus effects are active?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@pandagremlin

this was the case for sets in Odyssey.

But as with everything valhalla really want to leap backwards instead of forwards.

• MrChiefBroome
    1 posts

Anyone hear anything on if we will get this option. Literally bought the set today not realizing it had that effect on it. Totally immersion breaking, annoying I just spend real money on it and cant use it cause the smoke is soo distracting and pointless. Needs to be turned off!

• DocSavvy
    1 posts

@Ubi-Baron any word on if this is beinf addressed yet? Would love to use the set. Since I paid with real money but the smoke just ruins it for me. Need an option to turn it off. Pointless and distracting

• OzanOktay9
    1 posts

Same feelings here, bought the set some time ago, still didn't use it just because of this effect. It would be awesome to able the toggle this off!

• FillyFae
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-baron

Hey thanks! I hadn't logged back in here so didn't realize I have gotten responses.

I found out very recently your team has removed the smoke effect and it's absolutely awesome. I've seen many others on Twitter also pleased with the removal.

Thank you very much!!

• FillyFae
    Original poster 8 posts

@asgardian02

Sorry for such a late response but agreed. Even being able to turn the items fully around would be a huge improvement. And yeah it's too dark, especially the new transmorg menu. You can barely see anything!

• guest-QfuyuWir
    1 posts

The smoke effect is so frustrating. I bought the set when the effect wasn't visible, but with the most recent patch it's appeared. So I bought one set of armour and have ended up with another that's unusable because it completely breaks immersion during cut scenes/story.

• Finch22
    2 posts

@ubi-baron as many people have already outlined in this post. This issue is back after being rectified. The armour effects are super annoying. Can we please have the removed again or have the options to toggle them. Completely ruins the Huldufolk armour.

Thanks!

• kingnol2715
    1 posts

I'm one of those people on Reddit complaining about this. Was super excited to see the fix, then thought I was losing my mind when I launched the game to see it back. Please please please please please remove the smoke effects on armor. Very disappointed that this is still an issue almost a full year later.

• FillyFae
    Original poster 8 posts

@kingnol2715

I just noticed that today! My heart is broken, I can't believe that irritating effect is back! 😭

• MissM16
    213 posts

I'm also one of the people who bought the whole Huldufolk pack from the Helix store (with real money) when the set did not have the smoke effect. It's my favorite set but can no longer use it because it's now so distracting and immersion breaking 😞

Please remove the smoke or give us the option to disable it. Please? Personally, I'll even take it without the smoke in transmog and apply the skin to another armor if Ubi is adamant about keeping it on the original.

I also wanted to buy the new Jormungandr pack but not doing so because that one is smoking as well 😞

• gcfhani
    2 posts

Hudufolk is also my favorite armor. I don’t remember it ever smoking in the past (I think I would have noticed) and I did purchase it soon after it was released. Very frustrating that it’s back again, especially considering it’s been fixed in the past. Ubisoft please make the armor visual effects toggle at the very least.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics