Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Why does "Improved stability and performance" in Ubisoft patch notes alway mean nerfing the overall LOD radius?

1 Likes/5 Replies/154 Views
    IndigoAK
    Original poster 3 posts

The 1.04 title update for the PC version drastically reduces the LOD radius even at max settings, to the point where the images displayed in the graphics settings are no longer accurate! Grass, tree and foliage pop-in is now much more visible than it was in 1.02.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ganossa_
    58 posts

@indigoak and I thought I imagined it only. Indeed the LOD became worse and objects in (not even far) distance appear to be much less detailed to what I remember.
    Unfortunately, this happens every time for an Ubisoft game when people keep complaining about performance. Instead of fixing issues, the details are reduced (in most instances it is LOD) and everyone has to be stuck with it plus Ubisoft will then never fix those new LOD issues in a future patch (AC Unity is the best example).

Not everyone has to be able to play the game at Ultra at 60fps, just give us the option to dial settings up and down instead of replacing Ultra with previously High settings, its really getting annoying at this point to see it happen to so many of your games.

• IndigoAK
    Original poster 3 posts

@gcc1984 No, you didn't imagine it and I agree. I wish they would leave the max settings alone for the people that can run the game at 4K60/30 with them and adjust the lower settings. Every time they release a patch that claims to improve general performance, the people with enthusiast machines get shafted for the sake of everyone else.

• korikori91
    8 posts

Not only lod detail. Volumetric lighting, shadow depth and fog effects have been downgraded as well.
    Why? Because "so called" next gen consoles couldn't really handle those effects at 4K 30 fps. So they downgraded max settings.
    I got screenshots from both versions, I will share them later.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@indigoak I would love for them to just put a fricking LOD slider in the options which goes so high that it will even lag on a 3090. That way their games will age better. Because a 5090 will run smooth with the highest settings. It's not that hard to add a slider for it to scale the LOD levels.

Suggested Topics