Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Scarred-Phoenix
    Original poster 1 posts

It seems that on ps4 there's roughly a 4/10 chance of a crash at the end of a cutscene. Not sure if this is just an issue with my machine or if it's an issue with something swapping back to gameplay after the cutscene but I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me an answer.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

@Scarred-Phoenix Thank you for reporting this issue to us, we're sorry to hear that's occurring.

What error message do you get when the game crashes? Does it only happen at the end of a Cutscene or can it happen during Gameplay as well?

Official Response
  • Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

I had this issue in the first half of the game when game several times crashed to blue screen on PS4 during the last half/end of a "long" cut scene, but now in the last half of the game I haven't experienced it anymore...let's hope it continues 😉

• Ubi-Baron

@balla_jazzuz Glad to hear that's not been occurring for you.

Do you know around when it stopped? Was it after the 1.0.4 Update or was it still occurring after that for you?

Official Response
  • Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@ubi-baron Hard to remember exactly, it's a while ago since crashing in cut scenes, although I had a crash yesterday in Jorvik but that was a "follow the object crash" in main story not in a cut scene. I noticed long before I actually reached Jorvik something was going on, the game seemed unstable and didn't properly react to my console and it eventually ended in a crash. Reload fixed it totally though.
    The cut scene crashes (had 3 or 4 of them) to me seemed to happen in low lvl areas in the world, and I think it stopped before 1.0.4. patch was released, but can't be sure....

• Ubi-Baron

@balla_jazzuz Thanks for getting back to us.

For the crash in Jorvik, do you see that issue occurring regularly with it acting that way and then crashing? Which typed of PS4 do you have?

Official Response
  • Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@ubi-baron Sorry for the late reply, been working elsewhere with no access to my job PC.
    Playing on my old regular PS4 while awaiting for my PS5 to arrive next year. Did the Winchestre arc this weekend and this kind of crashing kept coming often during auto saving or just random, but most crashes I can see coming due to unstable gameplay before crashing, too much going on in the game for my PS4 maybe ? Had about 5-6 crashes during the Winchestre arc and even a few crashes in the Hordaland Arc. Just begun the Jotunheim arc and have had one crash. But every time I reload, the game acting fine.

On another note: the cairn in Hordaland was now suddenly possible to validate at last. The treasure from Rygjafylket hoard map was now suddenly appearing and collectable.
    And the anomaly in Hordaland I had to meditate before taking the challenge to activate those light beams. Also managed to reactivate the dead soldier with the wealth in Vinland that was introduced after patch 1.0.4..
    Some weird things going on, but livable as of yet 😉

• Ubi-Baron

@balla_jazzuz Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you clarify further on the Unstable, do you see a slowdown in the FPS or feel it's running slower in general? Are the fans on your console running more than normal before the crashes?

The issues you mention in the second half of the post there are all known to the AC Team and being worked on.

Official Response
  • Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@ubi-baron There is often audio stuttering and the game often stutters as well, there's not a severe FPS drop but the controller response is somewhat off and when I reach a checkpoint and auto save sets in it can crash but not always.
    Sometimes with no warning at all...just crash...but most crashes happens in highly populated areas like Jorvik and Winchestre.
    No cut scene crashes after the first half of the game oddly enough though.

• Ubi-Baron

@balla_jazzuz Thanks for the extra details.

One thing we'd advise is trying to run through the troubleshooting steps here, just to see if this makes any improvement to the issue at all.

Official Response
  • Buzzster99
    12 posts

I've had at least six "Blue Screens"...PS4...all during a cut scene. No hint of lag, stuttering, freeze or anything.....it was fine and then all of a sudden 'Blue Screen Error". Since the last patch I've got three....before the patch at least three.

When I restart the game I go back slightly before the scene and it finishes.

Suggested Topics